How to make heli patrols less persistant?

WEB11

I love the heli patrols and how they chase after players but I've had so many complains lately about their relentlessness that I would like if possible to tone down a bit their pursuit to players. Thanks!

Simply hiding inside or behind a building or any other large object will hide you from helicopters if they haven't detected you already. If they have detected you, hiding for 2-3 minutes will cause the AI helis to lose interest, that means no visual contact and no firing on the helicopters.

There is no scripting command to force the AI to forget a target, all that's possible is the players to hide for 2-3 minutes.

Thank you, I will instruct my players about how to avoid them based one that info. Would you mind explaining or point out where I can find info on these values?

DZAI_heliCrewSkills = [
["aimingAccuracy",0.50,0.50], self explained
["aimingShake",0.85,0.95], lower for more shake?
["aimingSpeed",0.85,0.95], self explained
["endurance",0.60,0.80], ???
["spotDistance",0.90,1.00], how far they can see?
["spotTime",0.90,1.00], how long until you are spoted?
["courage",0.80,0.90], ???
["reloadSpeed",0.90,1.00], self explained
["commanding",0.80,0.90], ???
["general",0.80,0.90] ???
];

The documentation for AI skills is very vague, so even I don't know for sure. For all skills, 0.00 is absolute worst, and 1.00 is absolute best. Any numbers outside of this range may have very buggy results (DZAI limits the maximum skill to 1.00).

The best documentation you will find is probably here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills
This page must have been recently written because I haven't ever found it before.

The Endurance skill that the page doesn't describe very well is basically how much an AI unit can run before their aim is negatively affected.

Back