I double checked. My server is running a solid 50fps no matter what is going on.
Code:
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 714.226 blood damage (Total blood: 11285.8)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 561.302 blood damage (Total blood: 10724.5)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 1314.35 blood damage (Total blood: 9410.12)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 591.979 blood damage (Total blood: 8818.14)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 516.602 blood damage (Total blood: 8301.54)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 755.083 blood damage (Total blood: 7546.46)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 1719.13 blood damage (Total blood: 5827.33)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 750.576 blood damage (Total blood: 5076.76)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 1804.95 blood damage (Total blood: 3271.81)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 1037.54 blood damage (Total blood: 2234.26)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:1 took 912.847 blood damage (Total blood: 1321.42)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 619.376 blood damage (Total blood: 11380.6)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 616.685 blood damage (Total blood: 10763.9)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 1453.64 blood damage (Total blood: 9310.3)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 620.202 blood damage (Total blood: 8690.1)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 1607.38 blood damage (Total blood: 7082.72)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 618.753 blood damage (Total blood: 6463.97)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 959.811 blood damage (Total blood: 5504.16)."
"DEBUG :: Unit R 1-1-I:4 took 1462.45 blood damage (Total blood: 4041.7)."
I turned on the diag_log function in the fn_damageHandlerAI2.sqf
I ran into a patrol. One dirving a UAZ and others on foot.
Shot unit1-1-I:1, the driver, several times from Sa-58V ACOG (shoots 7.62x39 ball) no head shots.
Same with 1-1-I:4, on foot not far behind. Eventually the driver stopped (passed out?), but unit 4 kept right on going.
Range was around 100 ~ 150m.
Either this gun has issues, 7.62 ammo has issues, or blood damage needs tweaking. This gun should at least be a two shot kill.
What is up with the math, anyway? The first shot does 714.226. Assuming that is a player fired round, the scale number would be 1100, so the damage suggested by arma's engine is 714.226/1100 = 0.65 (approx.) Based on a scale of 0~1, with 0 being no damage and 1 being dead, that is in line with a two body shot kill, so why only 714.226 blood damage out of 12000?
It seems as though the AI is ten times tougher than a normal player.