I need help with setting it up i finished most of the setup just stuck on a spot.

cody

Hi if you can help me that would be nice so i'm trying to install bliss which i have all the server files working and stuff but im stuck on this part

perl db_migrate.pl --host --user --pass --name --schema BlissMessaging --version 0.01
perl db_migrate.pl --host --user --pass --name --schema BlissBuildings --version 0.01
perl db_migrate.pl --host --user --pass root --name --schema BlissInvCust --version 0.02

So i filled all that in a i put it in cmd like the video said obviously followed by the steps behind it but when i did it says failed denied for user please help me if you can.

should it be:

perl db_migrate.pl --<YOURIPADRESS/LOCALHOST> --<YOURUSERHERE> --<YOUPASSWORDHERE> --<NAMEHERE> --BlissInvCust --0.02

but im not sure as i dont know bliss very well

Hi if you can help me that would be nice so i'm trying to install bliss which i have all the server files working and stuff but im stuck on this part

perl db_migrate.pl --host --user --pass --name --schema BlissMessaging --version 0.01
perl db_migrate.pl --host --user --pass --name --schema BlissBuildings --version 0.01
perl db_migrate.pl --host --user --pass root --name --schema BlissInvCust --version 0.02

So i filled all that in a i put it in cmd like the video said obviously followed by the steps behind it but when i did it says failed denied for user please help me if you can.

create database dayz;
create user 'dayz'@'localhost' identified by 'CHANGEME';
grant all privileges on dayz.* to 'dayz'@'localhost';
IF your database is setup as above THEN you would use the command as below:

perl db_migrate.pl --host localhost --user dayz --password CHANGEME --name dayz

Then proceed with additional schema commands.

If you did not create a user, you can try using the root user:

perl db_migrate.pl --host localhost --user root --password root --name dayz --schema BlissMessaging --version 0.01

You should however create a user for this database and use a different password. You should also change your root user password if it hasn't been done already.

im not sure im just really confused i've tried that but i do not know why its not working the video i was watching went green and he hasn't made a new video does anyone know of a video i can watch?

You should however create a user for this database and use a different password. You should also change your root user password if it hasn't been done already.
i've tried making a database but it would say i couldn't connect so i couldn't do it. it would actually say acces denied

the character data would only be in there if you had successfully created a database and used the db_migrate script. You need to use the same credentials that you use for navicat...for db_migrate as I showed you above.

Do you have full access to your server? Did you install mysql or are you using an existing install?

The most important thing is to follow the instructions here carefully. You only need those schema commands you listed at the top, if you have set the options on the build script initially to include buildings, messages and custom inventory.

Changing your schema will not help if you did not set those options for your world in the first place.

nope i give up i've been trying for over 5 hours and what you just said made no sence so screw this whole server thing.

maybe i wont give up yet but its 630 am right now for me if you can help me out like add me on skype corpe4

but all i have in the database is like 4 folders bascially that say hivemind information_schema mysql and performance_schema

Sounds like Pwnoz0r's Server pack...not Bliss. If you want help with a Bliss install, I'd prefer to use Teamspeak.

You can find me on ts.teaminterrobang.com or ts.misplacedspace.com

I'll be on for a little while longer here if you want to clear a few things up...otherwise as you said, its late...time for bed :D

Back