In Search of Hero Hill, has anyone seen/heard of this???!?

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Was playing on a server the other day, the guy had Hero Hill, and Bandit Castle on the map. They were fortified bases that spawned static AI. They were loaded with gear ETC. You couldn't get into hero hill unless you had some ridiculously high humanity. The fort was placed on top of Klen hill. When you got there, there were tons and tons of AI, and zombies running out of the base. The base was marked on the map, and so were a couple other little bases and the big Bandit Castle. This guy did this practically over night, and I feel like he must have installed a mod or a custom map somehow. I've put custom buildings on my server but they don't show on the map. So my question, has anyone seen this? Can anyone link me to a source or information about it? He had a loading screen with pictures of the Hero Hill and Bandit Castle on it as well. It was really well done and exciting. Thanks

You can add a custom loading screen to your server quite easily if you follow the tutorials found on this forum.

If the areas were marked with map markers, it sounds like he had some custom areas spawned with AI. All can be done following the tutorials available. I can't link them right now, but have a look in the scripting discussions forum.

Yes he had custom areas spawned with AI, lol, that's basically what I typed in my description. What Im trying to find out, is this his own creation, or is this out there for anyone to use? I'd hate to go through the entire process of making all of the fortifications, setting the AI static spawns, etc. I was hoping this was available out there, with most of the leg work already done. So back to my question
has anyone seen this? Can anyone link me to a source or information about it?
I'll add another question to be more specific, is this mod completely custom (his creation) or this an established mod that is available to download from somewhere else? If its completely custom, I doubt I'll bother with all of that work, but if some one else created this and shared it with the public, I'd like to get my hands on it. Thanks

It sounds like multiple items. He's got custom buildings added (there's an entire subforum here for map additions like that), protection domes, and AI. Search for those three things, combine as desired, there you go.

Back