instruction on how to install Scripts into your Cherno 1.8 Game

johnnytorrance

You need to know where your DayZ files get stored...Mine are in my Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 operation arrowhead

I went into my Arma OA folder\@DayZ\Addons and extracted:
dayz_code PBO on to my desktop.
From there I went into system\mission and copied the 3 files there onto my desktop.

description.sqf
init.sqf
mission.sqm

I then went to my DayZ.ST control panel and extracted the Mission PBO and Server PBO. I put them into a folder on my desktop called Patch 1.8 PBOs.
I extracted my mission PBO into that folder. you'll see the new description.sqf/init.sqf and mission.sqm files once you extract.
we'll start with your mission PBO's description file, open it up with notepad or notepad ++
at the bottom you'll see a line of code

Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf"

replace that with

Code:
#include "description2.sqf"

Now go into your missions PBO and open the init.sqf file

look for this line

Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf"

replace it with

Code:
#include "init2.sqf"

Now go back and open the Mission.sqm file in your mission PBO and look for this line

Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\mission.sqm"

replace that only bit of code with

Code:
#include "mission2.sqm"

Now the three files of the same name that you have on your desktop that you extracted from the dayz_code PBO within the @DayZ folder, rename them each respectively with a 2 after.
e.i.
description2.sqf
init2.sqf
mission2.sqf
copy them and put them in your Mission PBO along with the new description/init/mission files.

should look like this in your mission PBO

description.sqf
description2.sqf
init.sqf
init2.sqf
mission.sqm
mission2.sqm

Not every bit of script works the same as in 1.7.7.1 but a lot do. manipulate the files just like before but change the code in the second set of files, the ones with the #2 at the end of the name.

i.e. open the init2.sqf and insert the 3 lines of code from SARGE AI at the bottom of that file.

The Mission will call the editable version instead of the directory one.

Or you can download my files from here, and just overwrite your existing mission files. I've simply merged the two sets of files together to keep things the way they used to be. Much neater and easier to find what you're looking for.

NOTES:
  • You may need to edit the 'dayZ_instance = 1;' in init.sqf if your server is not using instance 1.
  • Do NOT use these if you are not running Chernarus 1.8
  • ALWAYS make a backup of your original files before replacing them just in case things go wrong.

Yeah it all runs fine. It will increase the mission file size a bit (so would the other way), but it's needed to add custom scripts and no bigger than the 1.7.7.1 mission file was. :)

Back