Insufficient Forum Privileges?

Hey there,

I was trying to update my Server Advertisement page today and there was a message at the bottom where the reply box normally is that said I have insufficient privileges to post on the thread (even though I started it), and then I noticed that that was the case for many of the threads I went on. Just wondering if I can get this fixed, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

@CommanderRetra but some people could edit their posts ? Cause when it happened to me, the same day some hours earlier someone had posted.

Why dont you do it like other forums do...Have a minimum of X posts to post there ?

It's kinda unfair for people who have been contributing to this community to be outright blocked from it. I would fully understand it, if it were blocked for people who are registered just to advertise their server and ask others to do their work for them (installing scripts etc..).
If it defeats the purpose of your idea of what this place is supposed to be, why still have it around? Just delete it altogether and the matter is closed.

I would very much like to advertise my server, because I'm here to share and to learn about scripts for DayZ servers. To make my own server a nicer place, I guess that's why everyone is here for the most part I think. So why not let us advertise our servers that are customized with the help of this forum. Let the people who are looking for a new home on a server, decide which server they want to join by giving them some information about it.

my more than 2 cents about this.

I don't see what is so bad about it. It is a dedicated section for advertising purposes... People don't go there to find help on modding/scripting, they go there to see the servers people are running and find out about new ones (and if they do they are clearly in the wrong place). I personally was using it as a running "journal" so to speak of the changes and direction I was taking my server in, in case anybody was curious about it. Plus, a lot of those servers advertising list out their scripts/mods that they are running and it gives forum viewers an opportunity to see how the scripts/mods they see in the releases and support section are being put to use.

I vote to keep it.

Well, removing or locking this system will lead you to other problems. People already started posting there server advertisement in other subforums. Long term this will lead you to more mod work. Hmmm, actually I dont know if this is more work, but this is something someone should take care of.

Back