Is it possible for ai heli to snatch a player and fly off?

osmox

Was wondering if its possible for a certain type of dzai ai that fly around and snatch a player on the ground and fly off?

I doubt this will ever be implemented.

First off its illogical, what are they grabbed with if its an eagle-type snatching, or do they land, get out, and chase you.

Where do they take you? There's nothing that comes to mind.

Other than the AI waypointing this is simple enough to do with an attachTo, but I doubt Buttface would add this as a feature. Too many survivors would complain about it happening to them.

its for my hive of Ka137_PMC snatch players and fly off. Would like it on my custom epoch server ive been editing past 3 months hehe.

First off its illogical, what are they grabbed with if its an eagle-type snatching, or do they land, get out, and chase you.

Other than the AI waypointing this is simple enough to do with an attachTo, but I doubt Buttface would add this as a feature. Too many survivors would complain about it happening to them.
Wouldn't it be configurable?

nice mission btw

wish I knew the coding more, but a waypoint drop off would work, maybe strip the player of all their gear, infect them, an release them...

what you probably wanna do is have the AI heli fly in the normal random waypoints it does and either disable its gunners from shooting the target the have the ai heli get about 10-30 meters and use a Force player into vehicle command then once in the vehicle the player you could have a auto lock and then have them go on doing a normal patrol and then have it randomly kick the player out... sadly i dont know alot of how this would go all down but it is possible.... and there are codes out there that already figured how to force players into vehicles so the making the player join it wouldent be the hardest part

yea there is a way to make it a 50/50 but i would have a timer set when the player is forced into the vehicle so u can set the timer to kick the player out between 30-60 seconds so they dont complain to much

what you probably wanna do is have the AI heli fly in the normal random waypoints it does and either disable its gunners from shooting the target the have the ai heli get about 10-30 meters and use a Force player into vehicle command then once in the vehicle the player you could have a auto lock and then have them go on doing a normal patrol and then have it randomly kick the player out... sadly i dont know alot of how this would go all down but it is possible.... and there are codes out there that already figured how to force players into vehicles so the making the player join it wouldent be the hardest part

not realy force player in heli but attachto players head and fly off as players is dangling under the Ka137_PMC

Any chance you help with this ? I would still like this to happen on my custom server.

I wouldn't know where to start to have the helis actively search and land on a players head while he is moving.
Arma never really intended a helicopter to land on a moving target.

The attachTo on the other hand would be fairly simple.

i think attaching to a players head is a bit out there.
but you could code a shot from a heli, to break a players legs and maybe use the drug effect to disorientate with a message "You are being abducted", then they land pick you up, infect you take your weapons, fix your leg, and drop you back off with no inventory & infected.
and then randomize the whole thing, so it only happens ever x=time

Back