Is the mysql available remotely?

Paul F

I am running dayz server on a win 7 vm
I want to write some scripts in php to automate spawning in of vehicles. I will use my existing web server (not on the vm), but I cannot seem to access the mysql database on the dayz server.

I setup my router to forward the 3316 port to the ip of my dayz server. The mysql for dayz is not a "usual" install of mysql as well as the ports are different. I cannot get the mysql to respond remotely.

Any suggestions??

Go to your my.ini (/MySQL/my.ini) and on line 20 you will see:

bind-address=127.0.0.1

try changing 127.0.0.1 to ip of the dayz server and then try to login in remotely with the new the new info:

user = root
pass = root
port = 3316
host = <your dayz server ip>

I am successful in connecting to dayz database with PHP remotely; however, I cannot connect via Navcat or MySQL Admin. Not sure why this would be. Any suggestions??? I double checked the IP and port, user, and password.

Paul F, Like you, I am running the server on a Win7 machine and I am also a proficient PHP programmer with my own web server. I would be very interested to know what you are doing to add vehicles in. Are you just inserting rows into the table with the hope they will spawn on restart? I also failed connecting my webserver to the MSQL and resorted to installing a crappy WAMP server to facilitate this!

I am planning to use PHP to change people's loadouts too etc

Back