Issue with tents on my server.

Hi guys i don't know if anyone know how to remedy my problem but if someone places a tent on my server it disappears and they tents that are not disappearing are not saving loot after restart, any help would be great.

Thanks

Lee

Has this been happening since you first got the server (before you installed any mods etc)?
Do you have any custom mods in your mission/server pbo files?
What map is the server running?
Which DayZ version is the server running?
Which hive type is the server using?
Is the server running any mods? (e.g. DayZ 2017, rMod, etc)

Been happening after i tryed to install basebuilding as far as i know the disappearing but have since changed for a backup, was reported tents didn't save loot before that.

Yes: Auto Refuel, Tow & Heli Lift, Fast Rope, No Fog/Rain, Custom Crash Loot, Admin Tools
Map: Cherarus
DayZ Version: 1.7.6.1
Server Patch: 103419
Hive: Private Hive
Mods: None

Just tried to place a tent it still disappeared

arma2oaserver.RPT

10:45:32 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 2d02eb00# 1062046: a_tent.p3d REMOTE is allowed published by Server"
10:45:34 "Deleting object TentStorage with invalid ID at pos [8077.57,9315.59,0.000946045]"
10:45:34 "Deleting object TentStorage with invalid ID at pos [8077.57,9315.59,0.000946045]"

Been happening after i tryed to install basebuilding as far as i know the disappearing but have since changed for a backup, was reported tents didn't save loot before that.

Yes: Auto Refuel, Tow & Heli Lift, Fast Rope, No Fog/Rain, Custom Crash Loot, Admin Tools
Map: Cherarus
DayZ Version: 1.7.6.1
Server Patch: 103419
Hive: Private Hive
Mods: None

Does the problem persist if you unload your custom mission and server PBO's and just let it run with the default?

No it doesnt.

In that case you have a bit of work ahead of you...
Start from scratch with your PBO files, get the defaults and re-read each tutorial for the mods you've installed, install and test them one at a time until the problem reoccurs.
Once you know which mod is causing the problem we can work on fixing it.

Look at your database under instance_deployable (look for the deployable_id 1's) , does it have a unique_id set? should be a long number, and does it have a owner_id set ? if so, look at your survivors table for that id and check that it exists. If all that works out, then something in your cleanup file is being skipped ;)

Edit: Then do what Player2 suggests.

Yeah i have checked that urban that seems ok from before so its somthing making them disappear, i have changed out my server_updateObject & server_publishObject doe default ones lets see how that pans out.

Yeah i have checked that urban that seems ok from before so its somthing making them disappear, i have changed out my server_updateObject & server_publishObject doe default ones lets see how that pans out.

Good luck. It wont the be the first time I've had to start from scratch in order to pin down an error. Sometimes you just can't find that illusive missing comma, no matter how hard you look... On a side note though, check through your report file or upload it for us to check for you.. There might be a better clue in there :)

It seems they are not even writing to the database, how is that possible?

I've said twice now, that you should look at your report file. If you're going to play with custom scripts and modding of your server, you should at least learn where to look for trouble shooting...

No error is coming up the RPT anymore its saying Hivewrite: the tent ect but it doesnt accually write to the database.

There's only so much I can do with guess work. So at this point I'd highly recommend that you follow Player2's first suggestion and that is to start from scratch. Install your mods one by one, making sure each one works (and your tents are being saved) before moving onto the next.. That's how I do all my mods, I even make backups like this "dayz_487.chernarus.backup-BEFORE-MODxxxxx" ... so I can go back and start from before it messed up :)

It is still doing it even with the default files now so i checked the hiveext log.

RPT file shows it as being placed but the hiveExt.log shows it as not updating to the database.

HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1675:TentStorage:211:[327,[1129.93,9174.52,0.00109863]]:11299917450327:|

It is still doing it even with the default files now so i checked the hiveext log.

RPT file shows it as being placed but the hiveext.log show it as not updating to the database.

HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1675:TentStorage:211:[327,[1129.93,9174.52,0.00109863]]:11299917450327:|

If it's doing it with the default pbo files, then you need to contact your provider and ask them to look into it. You might have messed up your database, maybe even accidently removed or changed something in there... Sorry I can't be much more help, but there really isn't much more to try if you're getting this with the default setup :(

I've had this happen before but it was a deployment issue with my host. Was playing Celle at the time, but for whatever reason the DayZ 2017 tent classname was referenced in the deployables table. So, I'd drop a tent, and it would poof after 5-15 seconds. Once the entry was corrected, everything worked fine again.

Back