Issues: Tanks (textures, exit can broke your legs...)

zedar

Staff member
First, a funny video:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200199721141439

Issues:

1) Textures(this happens in gaz too posible in othrs vechicles...): when you are not so close, you will see the original textures, when you are closest, then you see the dazy2017 texture.

2) Change of getting hurt on exit: if you exit as NOT driver,, then there is a chance to broke your legs when exit the tank

1} Good catch, I need to apply the textures to all LODS (Level of Detail x distance).

2} Not so sure here, is this not you getting hurt from ramming a tank at top speed? :eek:

2) Nope, if your are IN the tank in a slot that ISNT the driver and then go out of the tank you will be hurt

I can confirm - exiting any seat but driver and your character will spawn several meters above the tank and fall to the ground. Decent chance of taking damage. Also, tank is exceptionally difficult for multiple people to enter - the only spot you can access any seat but the driver is a very small zone near the 55 gallon drum. Would be nice if the seats could be accessed from at least an entire side of the tank.

Saibogu explain much better :D, it's all correct.

Plus: NEVER disconnect inside the tank or you will die in the reconnect process

Hmm...ok I need to do a serious review of the tanks place in the game. Sincere thanks guys for the feedback.

I have another one :D

in the night, if you are far enough the tank will display a light or some kind of shine making it more spotable (bad english, bad :D)

Tank headlights are on yes. Love tanks in dayz but they are way too slow and way too loud. This thing can be heard miles and miles away :D

Back