Kill messages 1.8.2?

are you sure, that it shows the killer/victim info on a clients besides the victim?
that ctrlsettext line is what changes the text of the dialog and .... .. well its 3am and I can't even think anymore. if its not 100%, its close. You are right though about it working because I tested it here and the server printed the message on my own client. So I guess I better not think any more about it until tommorrow.

Well it should be relative to the display. Thats concerning if yours is large while its small on mine. It probably has size and need sizeEx parameter instead
Sizeex =0.4;
Or like that
All settings are in the hpp file. We have to fool with them to get a consistent size.

yeah, we will have to make a single post with the explicit instructions. Its not hard really.
Right now I have been busy joining the 'Dark Side' ... going to install an Epuke server. Not willing to make the jump to the true, unadulterated evil of Overpoch yet ...

I noticed that teh kill messages miss sometimes on single shot kills. I 'think' i see a way to help with that. Going to try it out later tonight.

BTW, I like your previous avatar better. The celebrating kid was awesome.

Hmm, ShotingBlanks, it looks like they aren't using a killed event but some wierd modification.

My idea won't work now. How odd.

Yeah, I'm also waiting for the finished tutorial. You guys are a little all over the place. Thanks for the effort you're placing into this.

This was ShootingBlanks effort. If he doesn't want to post the tutorial, after a bit i will.

All the information is listed her though to make it work.

Made a video ... uploading it now. All summer my microphone had a hum and i assumed it was the air conditioner in the background. But I have now realized it is some type of feedback or interferance from the computer itself. So ... there is my signature background hum and if you listen carefully you can hear the mice running in their squeaky wheel too. I did NOT actually test this in the video because I dont have a public server and its a pain in the ass to get people to come and test on my local server at 2AM. I just followed the steps as we have described. Delphi has tested this working and made improvements to the script. If someone can say whether this install directions work or not, it would be nice. I will make a final one when I know I didn't leave out any steps for sure.

video was too long ... will edit and repost this evening

Last edited:
yeah. i am doing it again in a few minutes. got sidetracked with updating website and adding killing floor server. about an hour or so it wull be online

Getting these errors after trying

Code:
4:53:35 "P1ayer PID#4(LTG Nick) hit by PID#7(A.J.) with MeleeHatchet from 1 meters"
4:53:35 Error in expression <
_playerName =     name _newObject;

if (_killerName != "nil") then
{
_weapon = _>
4:53:35   Error position: <_killerName != "nil") then
{
_weapon = _>
4:53:35   Error Undefined variable in expression: _killername
4:53:35 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerDied.sqf, line 14

Code:
4:54:52 WARNING: Function 'name' - Chandler is dead
4:54:52 Error in expression <
_playerName =     name _newObject;

if (_killerName != "nil") then
{
_weapon = _>
4:54:52   Error position: <_killerName != "nil") then
{
_weapon = _>
4:54:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _killername

I think the kil messages work but are these errors suppose to be here?

th chandler is dead part is norml.when an object doesn't exist anymore ...
so that might be expected errors because the player who died has all his variables deleted such as his killers name.
is the error only when a player dies?
do you see the kill message?

Was curious if anyone had cleaned this up for an install from scratch? Gave it a try and had no luck; might have missed something, hard to tell.

Back