Kill Messages - Help removing who killed who

cen

Valued Member!
I've got kill messages working on my server but the one thing I'd like to remove is who killed who.

I'm using this version here: http://dayz.st/w/Kill_Messages

I've modified the message to remove the "was killed by" variable (%2 below)

Code:
_message = format["%1 was killed by %2 with weapon %3 from %4m",_victimName, _killerName, _weapon, _distance];

The problem is that the BLUFOR text for the kill message still comes from the person that kills the person, so it ends up being something like this:

(BLUFOR: CEN): Player1 was killed by weapon AK74 from 100.03m

So the kill message comes from me, the person who killed the player.

Any ideas to get it to not say the name of the killer?

Thanks guys!
`CEN

Read the bottom of ur link

Example if you want to only show that a player was killed with a weapon instread of WHO killed them.
Code:
_message = format["%1 was killed with weapon %3 from %4m",_victimName, _killerName, _weapon, _distance];

you might have a problem with this because the player that kills someone actually says the message. so i would say

Blur: (someone) was shot by Blur. even if you removed that part at the end, the killer would still say it. i think...

Read the bottom of ur link

Example if you want to only show that a player was killed with a weapon instread of WHO killed them.
Code:
_message = format["%1 was killed with weapon %3 from %4m",_victimName, _killerName, _weapon, _distance];

The BLUFOR text will still show the killers nickname. L2R.

This is triggered by:
Code:
[nil, nil, rspawn, [_killer, _message], { (_this select 0) globalChat (_this select 1) }] call RE;

Play with the syntax a bit. I don't have a DayZ server anymore so my help is very limited.
Try to remove the "_killer" part.

So it should look like this then?

Code:
[nil, nil, rspawn, [_killer, _message], { (_this select 0) titletext (_this select 1) }] call RE;

I was trying to do the same thing, I was looking at getting it to show up through the MOTD i assume that is what titletex is?

Or would the correct format be like so

Code:
[nil, nil, rspawn, [_message], {  titletext (_this select 0) }] call RE;

Also with this added in should i change my death message to on or off because i still get the normal death message

If it is not possible to get the message to show up other than through global, would there be a way to spawn a invisible Ai to sit somewhere static on the map and have the Ai announce the kill message?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Back