Krixes - Self Bloodbag Script

Does anyone else stop at 34kb receiving when downloading this file from a server for the first time? I've noticed that this has happened on mine and will stay like that for about 10 seconds before loading anything else. It may not seen like much, but to ADD people wanting to join a server quick, that's enough time to get them to leave. Any ideas as to what might be causing it or how i might allow it to load faster for others. It seems like the client is trying to figure out where the script is point to in the mission folder. (The script DOES work, this is just an annoyance ).

Yeah, I think that's what it's doing, HospitalChair. The server is sending the client all the info for the map and mission. Nothing to worry about. it's always going to happen.

For some reason after I add this script I'm not getting the option to unlock cars? I browsed through the topic but didn't see anything may be blind though. So if anyone has a fix for this that would be great! Running this on an Epoch Panthera Server. Also I just added the self action file from the download. Do I need to copy the one thats in my files thats used for other things in epoch?

For some reason after I add this script I'm not getting the option to unlock cars? I browsed through the topic but didn't see anything may be blind though. So if anyone has a fix for this that would be great! Running this on an Epoch Panthera Server. Also I just added the self action file from the download. Do I need to copy the one thats in my files thats used for other things in epoch?

That's probably because the script from this thread isn't for Epoch. You have to go here to get that one.

The version posted here works fine for Epoch. Most of the time, issues are due to using an older version of fn_selfActions.sqf. Need to always grab the latest version and re-add scripts when upgrading to a new patch.

Hey, Have this script working on 3 of my standard dayz servers and i went and added it to my epoch server and well the menu does not show up for self bloodbag, I use blur antihack on all servers and files are mainly the same were i can get away with it but no matter what i try or how i try my epochs self bloodbag menu will not show up at all. I have looked and compared code it matches how it should.

i have even compared to several other epoch servers were i know it works. and again the same

Code:
private ["_mags", "_isWreckBuilding","_temp_keys","_magazinesPlayer","_isPZombie","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_hasFuelE","_hasRawMeat","_hasKnife","_hasToolbox","_onLadder","_nearLight","_canPickLight","_canDo","_text","_isHarvested","_isVehicle","_isVehicletype","_isMan","_traderType","_ownerID","_isAnimal","_isDog","_isZombie","_isDestructable","_isTent","_isFuel","_isAlive","_Unlock","_lock","_buy","_dogHandle","_lieDown","_warn","_hastinitem","_allowedDistance","_menu","_menu1","_humanity_logic","_low_high","_cancel","_metals_trader","_traderMenu","_isWreck","_isRemovable","_isDisallowRepair","_rawmeat","_humanity","_speed","_dog","_hasbottleitem","_isAir","_isShip","_playersNear","_findNearestGens","_findNearestGen","_IsNearRunningGen","_cursorTarget","_isnewstorage","_itemsPlayer","_ownerKeyId","_typeOfCursorTarget","_hasKey","_oldOwner","_combi","_key_colors","_player_deleteBuild","_player_flipveh","_player_lockUnlock_crtl","_player_butcher","_player_studybody","_player_cook","_player_boil","_hasFuelBarrelE","_hasHotwireKit","_player_SurrenderedGear","_isSurrendered","_isModular","_ownerKeyName","_temp_keys_names"];

if (DZE_ActionInProgress) exitWith {}; // Do not allow if any script is running.

_vehicle = vehicle player;
_isPZombie = player isKindOf "PZombie_VB";
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);

_onLadder =        (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag Start------------------------------------
      // Krixes Self Bloodbag
    _mags = magazines player;
    if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
        hasBagItem = true;
    } else { hasBagItem = false;};
    if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
        if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"Scripts\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
        s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;

};
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End------------------------------------
_nearLight =     nearestObject [player,"LitObject"];
_canPickLight = false;
if (!isNull _nearLight) then {
    if (_nearLight distance player < 4) then {
        _canPickLight = isNull (_nearLight getVariable ["owner",objNull]);
    };
};

Anyone have a way to stop this like you can with bandages? If I need to stop and run away that would be great. Thanks!

I am so confused. My init.sqf file looks completely different. Where do I even begin?

Code:
// MPMissions/dayz_1.chernarus/init.sqf
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];
//Server Settings
dayZ_instance = 1; // The instance
dayZ_serverName = ""; // Servername (country code + server number)
dayz_antihack = 1; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
dayz_REsec = 1; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
//enableRadio false;
//Game Settings
dayz_spawnselection = 0; // DayZ Spawnselection / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled, No current spawn limits.
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Helicrash Settings / 0 = loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Infected Base Settings / 0 = loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf"
if (!isDedicated) then {
#include "gcam\gcam_config.hpp"
#include "gcam\gcam_functions.sqf"
#ifdef GCAM
waitUntil { alive Player };
waituntil { !(IsNull (findDisplay 46)) };
if (serverCommandAvailable "#kick") then { (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "_this call fnc_keyDown"]; };
#endif
};

I am so confused. My init.sqf file looks completely different. Where do I even begin?

Code:
// MPMissions/dayz_1.chernarus/init.sqf
//Server Settings
dayZ_serverName = ""; // Servername (country code + server number)
//enableRadio false;
//Game Settings
dayz_spawnselection = 0; // DayZ Spawnselection / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled, No current spawn limits.
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Helicrash Settings / 0 = loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Infected Base Settings / 0 = loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf"
if (!isDedicated) then {
#include "gcam\gcam_config.hpp"
#include "gcam\gcam_functions.sqf"
#ifdef GCAM
waitUntil { alive Player };
waituntil { !(IsNull (findDisplay 46)) };
if (serverCommandAvailable "#kick") then { (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "_this call fnc_keyDown"]; };
#endif
};

Well make sure you have it update delete your init.sqf
download this fresh one https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73434581/init.sqf
and make sure it looks

Code:

//Server Settings
//dayZ_serverName = "UK1337"; // Servername (country code + server number)

//Game Settings
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 0;    // Helicrash Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base

//Merged from DayZ_Code
initialized = false;
dayzHiveRequest = [];
dayz_previousID = 0;
0 fadeSound 0;
//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

[] spawn {
    while {true} do {
        waitUntil {((isNil "BIS_Effects_Rifle") OR {(count(toArray(str(BIS_Effects_Rifle)))!=7)})};
        diag_log "Res3tting B!S effects...";
        /* BIS_Effects_* fixes from Dwarden */
        BIS_Effects_EH_Killed = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\killed.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestruction = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestruction.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestructionStage2.sqf";

BIS_Effects_globalEvent = {
            BIS_effects_gepv = _this;
            publicVariable "BIS_effects_gepv";
            _this call BIS_Effects_startEvent;
        };

BIS_Effects_startEvent = {
            switch (_this select 0) do {
                case "AirDestruction": {
                        [_this select 1] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction;
                };
                case "AirDestructionStage2": {
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2;
                };
                case "Burn": {
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3, false, true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;
                };
            };
        };

"BIS_effects_gepv" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
            (_this select 1) call BIS_Effects_startEvent;
        };

BIS_Effects_EH_Fired = {false};
        BIS_Effects_Rifle = {false};
        sleep 1;
    };
};

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
    waitUntil {!isNull player};
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
    waitUntil {player == player};
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
    _serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
    "PVDZ_sec_atp" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _x = _this select 1;
        if (typeName _x == "STRING") then {
            diag_log _x;
        }
        else {
            _unit = _x select 0;
            _source = _x select 1;
            if (((!(isNil {_source})) AND {(!(isNull _source))}) AND {((_source isKindOf "CAManBase") AND {(owner _unit != owner _source)})}) then {
                diag_log format ["P1ayer %1 hit by %2 %3 from %4 meters",
                    _unit call fa_plr2Str,  _source call fa_plr2Str, _x select 2, _x select 3];
                if (_unit getVariable["processedDeath", 0] == 0) then {
                    _unit setVariable [ "attacker", name _source ];
                    _unit setVariable [ "noatlf4", diag_ticktime ]; // server-side "not in combat" test, if player is not already dead
                };
            };
        };
    };
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    if (dayz_antihack == 1) then {
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
    };
};

// Logo watermark: adding a logo in the bottom left corner of the screen with the server name in it
if (!isNil "dayZ_serverName") then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil {(!isNull Player) and (alive Player) and (player == player)};
        waituntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
        5 cutRsc ["wm_disp","PLAIN"];
        ((uiNamespace getVariable "wm_disp") displayCtrl 1) ctrlSetText dayZ_serverName;
    };
};

if (dayz_REsec == 1) then {
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
};
};
Replace
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
with
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "FILEPLACE\compiles.sqf";
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "FILEPLACE\fn_selfActions.sqf";
Then open up fn_selfActions.sqf and Add this code
Code:
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag Start------------------------------------

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
        hasBagItem = true;
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
    };
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End-----------------
Below this one
Code:
};

Last edited:
Hey, thanks Wookiee! Thanks for the timely response. I'll be sure to give it a whirl tomorrow and let you know how it goes. FINGERS CROSSED!!! :) Although, I do have a quick question, after reading what you wrote. Where would I find that fn_selfActions.sqf file you speak of? Should I use the one provided by Krixes, and place that in a new folder in my ../MPMissions/dayz_1.chernus/ directory? Or should I be unpacking my dayz_code and modifying the one in there... My gut is telling me to use the one by Krixes, but... I gotta ask to be certain.

Well make sure you have it update delete your init.sqf
download this fresh one https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73434581/init.sqf
and make sure it looks

Code:

//Server Settings
//dayZ_serverName = "UK1337"; // Servername (country code + server number)

//Game Settings
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 0;    // Helicrash Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base

//Merged from DayZ_Code
initialized = false;
dayzHiveRequest = [];
dayz_previousID = 0;
0 fadeSound 0;
//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio false;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

[] spawn {
    while {true} do {
        waitUntil {((isNil "BIS_Effects_Rifle") OR {(count(toArray(str(BIS_Effects_Rifle)))!=7)})};
        diag_log "Res3tting B!S effects...";
        /* BIS_Effects_* fixes from Dwarden */
        BIS_Effects_EH_Killed = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\killed.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestruction = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestruction.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestructionStage2.sqf";

BIS_Effects_globalEvent = {
            BIS_effects_gepv = _this;
            publicVariable "BIS_effects_gepv";
            _this call BIS_Effects_startEvent;
        };

BIS_Effects_startEvent = {
            switch (_this select 0) do {
                case "AirDestruction": {
                        [_this select 1] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction;
                };
                case "AirDestructionStage2": {
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2;
                };
                case "Burn": {
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3, false, true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;
                };
            };
        };

"BIS_effects_gepv" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
            (_this select 1) call BIS_Effects_startEvent;
        };

BIS_Effects_EH_Fired = {false};
        BIS_Effects_Rifle = {false};
        sleep 1;
    };
};

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
    waitUntil {!isNull player};
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
    waitUntil {player == player};
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
    _serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
    "PVDZ_sec_atp" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _x = _this select 1;
        if (typeName _x == "STRING") then {
            diag_log _x;
        }
        else {
            _unit = _x select 0;
            _source = _x select 1;
            if (((!(isNil {_source})) AND {(!(isNull _source))}) AND {((_source isKindOf "CAManBase") AND {(owner _unit != owner _source)})}) then {
                diag_log format ["P1ayer %1 hit by %2 %3 from %4 meters",
                    _unit call fa_plr2Str,  _source call fa_plr2Str, _x select 2, _x select 3];
                if (_unit getVariable["processedDeath", 0] == 0) then {
                    _unit setVariable [ "attacker", name _source ];
                    _unit setVariable [ "noatlf4", diag_ticktime ]; // server-side "not in combat" test, if player is not already dead
                };
            };
        };
    };
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    if (dayz_antihack == 1) then {
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
    };
};

// Logo watermark: adding a logo in the bottom left corner of the screen with the server name in it
if (!isNil "dayZ_serverName") then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil {(!isNull Player) and (alive Player) and (player == player)};
        waituntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
        5 cutRsc ["wm_disp","PLAIN"];
        ((uiNamespace getVariable "wm_disp") displayCtrl 1) ctrlSetText dayZ_serverName;
    };
};

if (dayz_REsec == 1) then {
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
};
};
Replace
Code:
with
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "FILEPLACE\compiles.sqf";
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "FILEPLACE\fn_selfActions.sqf";
Then open up fn_selfActions.sqf and Add this code
Code:

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
        hasBagItem = true;
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
    };
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End-----------------
};
Below this one
Code:
};

Hey, thanks Wookiee! Thanks for the timely response. I'll be sure to give it a whirl tomorrow and let you know how it goes. FINGERS CROSSED!!! :) Although, I do have a quick question, after reading what you wrote. Where would I find that fn_selfActions.sqf file you speak of? Should I use the one provided by Krixes, and place that in a new folder in my ../MPMissions/dayz_1.chernus/ directory? Or should I be unpacking my dayz_code and modifying the one in there... My gut is telling me to use the one by Krixes, but... I gotta ask to be certain. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out btw.

Hey, thanks Wookiee! Thanks for the timely response. I'll be sure to give it a whirl tomorrow and let you know how it goes. FINGERS CROSSED!!! :) Although, I do have a quick question, after reading what you wrote. Where would I find that fn_selfActions.sqf file you speak of? Should I use the one provided by Krixes, and place that in a new folder in my ../MPMissions/dayz_1.chernus/ directory? Or should I be unpacking my dayz_code and modifying the one in there... My gut is telling me to use the one by Krixes, but... I gotta ask to be certain.
well you have to goto @dayZ
like C:\Users\TheWIldWookiee\Desktop\DayZ Server\@dayz\addons
and open dayz_code.pbo(MUST HAVE PBO MANAGER) and go it to compile and find fn_selfActions.sqf
or ill give you mine https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73434581/fn_selfActions.sqf i have not done anthing to that file its fresh/new so need help i will be adding a video on how to do this on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildWookiee so check my channel this week for a upload

@Thewildwookiee
I followed your instructions and made sure that everything is the way you say. But for some reason there are no zombies or loot. Bloodbag is working fine and the server is running well. Have anyone else experienced this problem???

oh and make this
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf";
looks like
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\publicEH.sqf";                    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "WEREYOUPLACEYOURFILE\fn_selfActions.sqf";
stream_locationCheck = {

I don't recommend you to just change the init.sqf to that one, the init.sqf you have is created for DayZCC and has some functions in it that you won't get if you just replace it with that one.

The only reason your init.sqf looks like that is because they look like that when they are generated fresh HERE. A new vanilla init.sqf doesn't contain those "//Load in compiled functions" that's added later by users/creators, not needed if your running a vanilla server.

It looks different because it's made for CC and to save space in the mission file (didn't add stuff thats not needed), only thing you really need to do is add calls for the compiles.sqf and the fn_selfActions.sqg in the init.sqf and that should do it.

Or add the part:
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";         //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";           //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";   //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";           //Compile regular functions

To your already existing init.sqf

Last edited:
Back