Krixes - Self Bloodbag Script

I seem to have a weird issue, the bloodbag script works GREAT for me, although I'm really close to the server, so low ping. Other people who join then menu will appear for a split second, it takes quick clicking to get it to engage, i've tried putting the required speed up in the selfactions script thinking maybe lag or something was keeping that high, but nothing has changed, if i get rid of the speed check all together, it requires removing the BB and reinserting it into inventory for it to show. is there a fix for this, and out of curiosity is there another check i can do instead of character speed, maybe crouching instead. THANKS! :)

I seem to have a weird issue, the bloodbag script works GREAT for me, although I'm really close to the server, so low ping. Other people who join then menu will appear for a split second, it takes quick clicking to get it to engage, i've tried putting the required speed up in the selfactions script thinking maybe lag or something was keeping that high, but nothing has changed, if i get rid of the speed check all together, it requires removing the BB and reinserting it into inventory for it to show. is there a fix for this, and out of curiosity is there another check i can do instead of character speed, maybe crouching instead. THANKS! :)

Sounds like you're running an antihack and haven't white listed this script.

Also if you want to make sure that the self bloodbag action removes from your scrollmenu edit original command in fn_selfactions.sqf from

Code:
    _mags = magazines player;

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
    if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
        hasBagItem = true;
    } else { hasBagItem = false;};
    if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
        if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
        s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;
    };

To this command in

Code:

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
        hasBagItem = true;
        if ((s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) && (r_player_blood < 12000)) then {
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
    };

adding in (r_player_blood < 12000) tell the code if player has full blood to remove the command from the scrollmenu until they have less than 12k blood and the player has a bloodbag in their main gear :)

I also can confirm this is working for DayZ Mod 1.8

[DayZSO] xDeejayCrazyx

This works perfectly! Thanks Deejay! :)

omg I'm stupid, thanks rosska, i found it, i KINDA narrowed it down to one of the tools cause i recently added someone to my admins list and poof! it worked for them lol. that would explain the new tent actions in 1.8 not working right, with other things. guess i got some addaction variables to hunt down and add

Hello.
I have problem with the bloodbag in Dayz Epoch.
For some reason when I use the scripts it blocks some other things.
I can't scroll to trade menu at a trader.
I can't refuel with a refuel truck..
Lifting scripts is bugged ( sometimes I can sometimes can't lift/tow )

Dos anyone has a idea what I can do about it.

I love the self bloodbag script.
Its really briljante.. if it works ;)
Pleas help

Hello.
I have problem with the bloodbag in Dayz Epoch.
For some reason when I use the scripts it blocks some other things.
I can't scroll to trade menu at a trader.
I can't refuel with a refuel truck..
Lifting scripts is bugged ( sometimes I can sometimes can't lift/tow )

Dos anyone has a idea what I can do about it.

I love the self bloodbag script.
Its really briljante.. if it works ;)
Pleas help

You used the fn_selfActions.sqf from Krixes' post I'm guessing? You're not supposed to do that. What you need to do is open your local install of Arma and find this
@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf
Copy that file to where you have put Krixes' file in your mission folder then open it up and find
Code:
_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);

Then directly under that you want to add
Code:
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag Start------------------------------------

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
        hasBagItem = true;
        if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
        };
    } else {
    };
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End------------------------------------

Save and you're done.

Having a little trouble getting this working on a vanilla Dayz 1.8 server. Is there a different approach since the mission file is basically in the dayz_code.pbo now?

Having a little trouble getting this working on a vanilla Dayz 1.8 server. Is there a different approach since the mission file is basically in the dayz_code.pbo now?

You need to merge the mission files to add scripts. Check my sig for links.

DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf

That make sense. I used dayz normal..

Hmm, i have the same problem.
I can't place tents or safes, keys dont work.
I used the fn_selfActions from epoch, but doesnt help.

Used it. Bloodbag works..

Admin panel map dossent. Reset the server. Didn't work. No scripts still the same.
I mid have a bigger problem in my hands now..

:'(

Out of curiosity, did you guys change the line in your init.sqf file to call compiles? Or did you add the line after the call for standard compiles?

Ahh, sorry, the self bloodbag is not the script that the blocks keys, it was my admin tool!
everything is god now^^

Out of curiosity, did you guys change the line in your init.sqf file to call compiles? Or did you add the line after the call for standard compiles?

I add it below the call.
Rigth where it says to plase it..

Aldo I think it messes up the scroll functions at a more basic form..
As the refuel and trade dont work as well.
The lifting works but not as it should be..

I still need to work on the server.. it doesn't do much atm..

I add it below the call.
Rigth where it says to plase it..

Aldo I think it messes up the scroll functions at a more basic form..
As the refuel and trade dont work as well.
The lifting works but not as it should be..

I still need to work on the server.. it doesn't do much atm..

Really sounds like you're still using the wrong fn_selfActions. Upload your mission pbo and I'll take a quick look at it. What version of Epoch are you running?

For the love of God can someone help me with this? I have Chernarus 1.8 and in the Dayz_Code pbo I found my self actions and edited it. I then created a new folder called Scripts and tossed the updated blood bag script in there. I have tried everything under the sun to get this to work. Can someone please help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've gone over the instructions over 20 times. I've been trying to do this for days. I have a vilayer server so everything is kinda all mixed together.

For the love of God can someone help me with this? I have Chernarus 1.8 and in the Dayz_Code pbo I found my self actions and edited it. I then created a new folder called Scripts and tossed the updated blood bag script in there. I have tried everything under the sun to get this to work. Can someone please help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've gone over the instructions over 20 times. I've been trying to do this for days. I have a vilayer server so everything is kinda all mixed together.

If you upload your mission folder, I'll take a look at it for you.

I don't have a mission pbo. I'm editing everything in my dayz_code.pbo because that's where everything was moved. 95% of my files have been moved there. I tried the merged mission file fix in your sig and it just crashed the server. I've been trying for days to get our server back up and running. Here's the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cek972vev8p2he5
I hope you can download it simply... That was the only site I could think of.

Also, thank you a million times for helping!

You're not supposed to change the files in dayz_code.pbo, that will stop people being able to connect and most likely crash your server. Any files you need to edit from dayz_code should be copied to the mission folder before editing.

If you're using my mission files (in your mission folder) on Vilayer, you will have to open init.sqf and check the line
Code:
dayZ_instance = 1; // The instance
to ensure it matches the instance of your original init.sqf

Back