Krixes - Self Bloodbag Script

I think I get it now. I had been told everything had to go through the dayz_code now. >< I'm attempting to try bringing everything over and keep it working... They couldn't have messed this up any more, could they?

I think I did used a different version of dayz code epoch.
So could be the problem. But dos it really mather if I use a different version.

I mean when we get a update do I need to reupdate all the scripts as well?

Yeah. That's what sucks. Just about every update messes up most scripts in a big way. I swear they do it on purpose. I dunno, it's like they don't want us private hivers to have unique servers... :confused:

I think its more that dayz is build for pure survival. Without a teammate your as good as dead if you need blood.
Al do the meat give around 600 blood it not inaf for 1 person..

So it could be that dayz and the developers do this indeed on purpose...

I left this script out of the server. Just te set up my server properly and then I have a second look at the scripts :)

Our server is PvE only. We are strict on the no PvP policy. We've become a rather close-knit community focused on helping each other and surviving in the wastes. It's really amazing what happens when you get a server with very active staff on a PvE server. We have 3 large custom bases for 3 different factions that do different jobs. This script helps out a lot when there's only a few people on, like late at night. That's one reason I like that it doesn't give full blood, it can help you stay alive until a buddy or our medic can get to you. It's also nice for the newer players who are on the shy side or don't like asking for help often. We like our lil slice of server and this script is a staple. It was down for a week once and it didn't take long for them to notice!

Yeah it does matter if you use the wrong version. The fn_selfActions.sqf controls all of your scroll wheel menu interacts, so if you use the wrong version, you will be missing options.

And yes, you always need to reinstall all scripts when an updated version of the map/mod is released because the coding and mission files will be updated. It's pretty standard though considering the game is still in development and it's good that they constantly clean up the code and refine things, even if it is annoying in the short term for getting scripts working. :)

Krixes, I'm running a Cherno 1.8. Im using an older version of Self Bloodbag tweaked with rosska85's fix on page 27 of this Thread, the change to the combat check to the selfbloodbag.sqf.

Self Bloodbag works. no issues. the only thing I cannot find a fix to is, I cant refuel any vehicle with a jerry can. The option on the drop down menu on the left does not list it as an option. Yes, i do have a full jerry can of fuel. I know its because of the script, without it, i can refuel vehicles. I've had to install auto refuel to allow players to refill gas, or I've had to resort to using the DayZ.ST control panel and repair and refuel vehicles from there. I really want the players on my server to be able to refill a vehicle with jerry cans. Here is my entire mission PBO. maybe someone can spot where the issue is. but remember, Self Bloodbag does work, just cant figure out why i cant refill vics with jerry cans.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za3ezwvhngkn8pu/dayz_mission.pbo

Thanks to who ever can help out. I'll even send out a donation for your server.

Krixes, I'm running a Cherno 1.8. Im using an older version of Self Bloodbag tweaked with rosska85's fix on page 27 of this Thread, the change to the combat check to the selfbloodbag.sqf.

Self Bloodbag works. no issues. the only thing I cannot find a fix to is, I cant refuel any vehicle with a jerry can. The option on the drop down menu on the left does not list it as an option. Yes, i do have a full jerry can of fuel. I know its because of the script, without it, i can refuel vehicles. I've had to install auto refuel to allow players to refill gas, or I've had to resort to using the DayZ.ST control panel and repair and refuel vehicles from there. I really want the players on my server to be able to refill a vehicle with jerry cans. Here is my entire mission PBO. maybe someone can spot where the issue is. but remember, Self Bloodbag does work, just cant figure out why i cant refill vics with jerry cans.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za3ezwvhngkn8pu/dayz_mission.pbo

Thanks to who ever can help out. I'll even send out a donation for your server.

You used the fn_selfActions.sqf from Krixes' post I'm guessing? You're not supposed to do that. What you need to do is open your local install of Arma and find this
@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf
Copy that file to where you have put Krixes' file in your mission folder then open it up and find
Code:
_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);

Then directly under that you want to add
Code:
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag Start------------------------------------
    _mags = magazines player;

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
    if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
        hasBagItem = true;
    } else { hasBagItem = false;};
    if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
        if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
        s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;
    };
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End------------------------------------

Save and you're done.

Replace @DayZ_Epoch with whatever mod you are running. If it's Chernarus then it's just the @DayZ folder.

That looks like it should work, I have not changed anything related to fn_selfActions so your old method should work fine!

Version 1.4 is up.... changelog at top and file player_selfbloodbag.sqf updated appropriately!
hello, ive been trying to install your self BB script on my epoch server and not having much luck. I am currently running DZAI script and missons scripts. when i install the script self BB does indeed work as it should, however the server losses all vehicle repair and salvage options. Ive tried all fixes i could find on the interwebz to no avail. pls help asap!

hello, ive been trying to install your self BB script on my epoch server and not having much luck. I am currently running DZAI script and missons scripts. when i install the script self BB does indeed work as it should, however the server losses all vehicle repair and salvage options. Ive tried all fixes i could find on the interwebz to no avail. pls help asap!

Look at the post right above yours.

Rosska85, I tried this method and lost my self blood and couldn't refuel either. I'll try again to see if there was something I messed up.

This is the answer man. If you lose options, you're using the wrong file or you put the code in the wrong place. :)
If you use the right file and still can't get it, then upload your mission file.

How would I be able to get Self Bloodbag on a scroll wheel Action Menu < Self Bloodbag?

I have the action menu, I just need to know how to execute the self bloodbag.

Thanks in advance.

How would I be able to get Self Bloodbag on a scroll wheel Action Menu < Self Bloodbag?

I have the action menu, I just need to know how to execute the self bloodbag.

Thanks in advance.
Just have it point to the script. You may have to modify self bb to have a secondary bb check yo make sure the player actually has a bb but that's simple enough

http://www.mediafire.com/?xvgee43xk4oexch

My action menu so far. Matt L, I thought what execute's the player_selfbloodbag.sqf is the line in thefn_selfactions.

Also, which lines do I remove so I don't get the normal Self Bloodbag scroll wheel?

// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag Start------------------------------------
_mags = magazines player;

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
hasBagItem = true;
} else { hasBagItem = false;};
if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"Scripts\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;
};
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End------------------------------------

BTW, this is for Epoch 1.0.2.3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xvgee43xk4oexch

My action menu so far. Matt L, I thought what execute's the player_selfbloodbag.sqf is the line in thefn_selfactions.

Also, which lines do I remove so I don't get the normal Self Bloodbag scroll wheel?

BTW, this is for Epoch 1.0.2.3.

You can completely remove the section for self blood from your fn_selfActions if you're having it done through the menu system. Once I eat dinner I'll take a little look as it should be possible to only allow people to use that menu option if they have the blood bag and their blood level is below 12000.

i have tried ti impliment this to 1.8 it shows option but no bagging plz help

Check my signature for a link to the 1.8 file.

You can completely remove the section for self blood from your fn_selfActions if you're having it done through the menu system. Once I eat dinner I'll take a little look as it should be possible to only allow people to use that menu option if they have the blood bag and their blood level is below 12000.

I really appreciate the help man!

Back