Missing and overlapping buildings

jurrasstoil

Hey,

I've noticed that some buildings are missing and others, like barracks, are overlapped with other buildings making almost all of them inaccessable.

Here are a few screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/YdwnH

I've asked around on the server I was playing on and I'm not the only with this problem. The missing buildings also don't spawn loot for me. Someone who can see the buildings has to trigger the timer, then loot will spawn and float above the ground on my screen. This would allow me to shoot players through buildings which only they can see for example.

Everytime I enter a Sahrani server I also get the error message that Arma can't open ca\buildings abrezi.p3d and then some more errors scattered about while playing.

I'm running Arma 2: CO steam version, latest beta patch and sahrani 0.21. Already redownloaded the map twice (once from here and once from DayZCommander).

Is there any way to fix this? A quick googling only revealed some more confusing info about caa1.

From the looks of this you are running @caa1 which is the base mod Sahrani was built of. @caa1 is no longer needed to run Sahrani since it has been repackaged to reduce the size and remove unneeded content.

How are you launching the game? if its through commander, check to see in the expansions section of the arma 2 main menu to make sure no other mods are running.

Launching via desktop shortcut for the beta with -nosplash and -skipintro and this is how my Expansions look like when playing Sahrani: http://i.imgur.com/KFYdMia.png

There are a bunch of caa1_*****.pbo files in my sahrani folder, but I assume they have to be there, because they make up about 1.53gb of the entire 1.69gb sahrani folder.

Yes the @Caa1 files in our mod folder are required to be there.

You should try launching it with commander or even play with six now.

However if you are dead set on doing it with a desktop shortcut launcher, could paste your ENTIRE launch path we might be able to iron that out.

Your games mods and expansions are all being launched in incorrect order... (DLC's, mod, A2, A2OA, Expansion, beta,) It is important to Launch the game versions, DLC's, Expansions, Dependencies (none for our mod), and then Mods, in THAT order. (A2, A2oa, BAF,PMC,beta, expansions, dayz_sahrani). Frankly from the appearance of your expansions window, it would appear you have a folder labeled DayZ Sahrani in the mod folder as well. OR your "@DayZ_Sahrani" folder is nested inside another folder called "DayZ Sahrani" It looks like you extracted our package into a folder you made instead of extracting it directly to your root mod folder path.

Your path to our mod is prob. C: Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2/DayZ Sahrani/@DayZ_Sahrani
Your path to our mod should be C: Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2/@DayZ_Sahrani

Launchers and manual installs frankly are very complicated despite their apparent ease. You can make yourself dizzy launching stacked or dependent mods.

Hey,

thanks for the reply

The files are in /arma combined operations/@DayZ_Sahrani. The Expansion "DayZ Sahrani" w/o underscore and @ only appears in the expansion list once I enable the @DayZ_Sahrani and reboot the game. If I disable it again, it's gone again. There is no "DayZ Sahrani" folder in my arma directory.

This is what my arma and @DayZ_Sahrani directory look like: http://i.imgur.com/paQy9zN.png

I launch the game using this shortcut:
Code:
"C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro
Then enable @DayZ_Sahrani, restart as prompted and that's it.

I'll give DZC a go now and see if that works out.

It will you're launching the game wrong.

You are only launching A2oa, you need to launch Arma2 and A2OA, and you should have the mod path into the launcher, and our spash is pretty lol.

I used DZC to launch and it works now. Seems that the mods and expansions are in the right order now as well. Didn't know that the order would actually have any influence on the ingame content - at least not to this extent.

So, thanks a lot for the help, very appreciated :)

These issues will be fixed once we finish our full redo of the folder structures. Its a pain in the ass to fix but it will be done soon enough.

I have a similar issue with missing buildings in Sahrani, but it only happens in ArmA2's 3D editor. For example, I can't see the enterable barracks (the ones at NWAF in Chernarus) in the editor while they appear normally ingame. Does this sound like a problem with my startup configuration?

No in the editor you won't see any of the buildings we've added and you'll be missing lots of A1 buildings that should be there... We are tricky.

Oh, I see. Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to give myself a tour of Sahrani before I played it. o_O

I will release the files tomorrow for the current build on Github. At least then players can use the mission files to see where the current vehicles and buildings are for any modifications admins want to make to the map.

Back