Morox AI - Sycosis Simple AI mod

Go Morox.! I am eagerly waiting for this package. ill do some testing on my server
once you have everything compiled and up for downloading. i can leave feedback
for you if i do encounter any problems. also what i like is i can still use sarges AI script
along with yours, so this works great either way. great job by the way!

I may have to ping Sarge and work with him on that, the issue would be that his AI would spawn zombies, they however would not alert them or be able to be attacked by them, my code would also make them attack zeds, don't know if they currently do that. I can think of a workaround for all but the spawn, though I would need to code and test it.

Here are the files and the brief readme I have put together - let me know if there are any issues or questions. Note: this includes the original files as well, if you already have your own gearset's etc you will need to transfer them into these as all the files (except faction's) have been changed.

Links:
http://dayz.zombiesurvivalonline.com/files/Morox-Readme.txt
http://dayz.zombiesurvivalonline.com/files/Morox-AI.zip

Regards

Alright first off, (havn't tried with any set up other than squad) I placed a few new aispawns using the squad setting and gearset one (line looks like
Code:
_aispawn = [[12152.9,3582.08,0.002],250,50,1,4,1,1,9,1,1800] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf";//Kamyshovo
and instead of spawning just 3 people, it's spawning MANY MANY groups of people, and some don't even have guns.

you are missing the new hasvalue at the end of that
Code:
_aispawn = [[6047.9253,7786.0884,0.001],200,5,1,4,1,1,2,1,120,"val"] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf";// example normal invocation

so try
Code:
_aispawn = [[12152.9,3582.08,0.002],250,50,1,4,1,1,9,1,1800,"val"] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf";//Kamyshovo

you are missing the new hasvalue at the end of that
Code:
_aispawn = [[6047.9253,7786.0884,0.001],200,5,1,4,1,1,2,1,120,"val"] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf";// example normal invocation

so try
Code:
_aispawn = [[12152.9,3582.08,0.002],250,50,1,4,1,1,9,1,1800,"val"] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf";//Kamyshovo

Will try. I am guessing that this could also be the reason that several of my AI squads aren't spawning at all

Will try. I am guessing that this could also be the reason that several of my AI squads aren't spawning at all

Also, because of the large volume of ai that I spawn I didn't want my init.sqf looking messy to I just placed a [] ExecVM "AIspawn.sqf"; at the bottom and created an .sqf w/ all the ai in it. Works perfectly

As I said in the readme this is very aggressive script, I just ran your one line, those 3 units spawned about 20 zeds in under 2 minutes, they were over run and killed within the next 2.

Once I added the "val" entry this line worked.

That's fine, Doesn't bother me that they are killed instantly haha. I added them as friendlies to survivors mostly as a secondary loot source cause of that exact reason, I figured they would be bodies in no time anyways :p

Can you send me you file then the whole aispawn.sqf, see if I can determine what's up, you can link or email to the address in the readme.

could the mass zombie spawn count be because each Ai is spawning a certain set number of zeds for them?
so say 1 AI unit is spawning 2-4 zombies at a time. add 3 AI units in a group would that mean they would spawn 6-12 zeds at a time? just a thought i had

id like to test and see but i dont want to ruin the players game right now ill wait till later. have it installed anyhoo

Essix,
It is exactly that, it treats them as players as far as spawns go so if you were a group of 3 players running through a town it would do the same. Though it seems to be better outside the large cities. I ran with 184 AI units throughout the map and for the most part they were able to handle the zeds, losing a member of the squad here and there. Middle of Cherno that's a different story.

Note: I have updated the scripts with a few bug fixes if you want to d/l the new one prior to testing, also I am interested to hear if you get a chance to run this with Sarge's AI what the outcome is.

sorry i havent been able to get on lately, super busy at work, baby, all the fun parent stuff. ill get on tonight and try it with sarges ai script as well and see how that plays out.

If the AI fire it happens pretty quick, if they don't they need to get pretty near them to trigger the sight activation, I can look into tweaking the sight stuff if you need.

Back