Need admins epoch - please apply

Dayz Noobs

My fellow Epoch players,

I need help administering my server and am looking to the community for help. I just want to play with my friends IRL and need someone to run the server. We do all the coding (engineers at thrilling jobs by day), and we are just looking for someone to inhabit and run the server for the players. In fact, I don't even know if I want to have admin access in game. I just want to do the code, pay the server bill and run around murdering stuff. We're in our mid-30s with kids and mortgages and don't have the time to be cool admins.

Anyway, please send me an email at dayznoobsonly @ gmail.com or PM here.

Requirements

1. Can you be respectful to players and treat them like human beings?
  2. Will you not abuse your godlike powers to spawn anything in-game or slay people?
  3. If the owners (me) ask you to do something, are you open to taking direction? We've had admins in the past who were banhammer-loving-psychos and murdered the player base. What I'm worried about here is if I say, "Go easy on people and pay attention to #1 above," will you then lose your $hit?
Many thanks for reading this and to the dev for making such a fantastic mod (even though it's only alpha!!!).

Server info:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.151.138.249:2302/

Thanks!!!

sounds like a page right out of my rulebook on admin behavior.

IMHO
i doubt you can find anyone to do this, so here is,my suggestion. take the players who are on your server daily and make THEM the moderators or admins. you dont want them spawning in stuff so they only need,access to the bec kick and tempban commands. you can turn a 48 hour tempban into a fullban at your leisure.
these player-moderatirs are usually more concerned with the server poulation than some guy you pull off the street who is only there for the powertrip.

Thanks, Blanks. I did get some good replies. It's just the serverbase I can't get going. I posted some ads in the clan recruitment threads. Basically I just need a clan to move in and take it over. I'm easy. I just want to play and do the backend stuff. :D

thats exactly what i say too. i have 5 vps servers with games already installed and running. i posted everywhere asking "here is a server completely free, you run it, you own it, whatever you want to do"
i got some replies, but nobody wants one. and mine are paid a year in advance and have been up for 1-2 years so its not like they are going anywhere.

arma2, arma3, killing floor, urban terror, fistfull of frags, counterstrike source, counterstrike:go, tf2, Insurgency, garrys mod ... and will do a 7 days to die server when i get time
ANY AND ALL FREE FOR THE TAKING

of course they could run dayz on the arma2 if they wanted or altis life on arma3 ...

so good luck with your search. i got the most repies and interest in the steam forums, try that

Back