need help, player spawning in as birds

This will kick players when they try to spawn as spectator bird. Then you need to free up some groups, so players are not getting kicked all the time. There is a max 144 groups allowed. When that is exceeded any player joining the server will get put in a spectator bird slot.

This doesn't seem entirely correct to me. When this bug happens, and it is quite infrequent, it can happen with a full player load or even directly after a restart with <10 players on the server. I haven't yet tried reducing the number of survivor slots in the mission file, so I can't say for sure. What I can say is that although you may set line 2 to
Code:
5 "SeaGull"
it will not stop the issue. You will simply have players who cannot respawn and just fly around as birds. Not only is it not what players want, this could be abused if the player(s) is with a group.

It's an authenticating issue, 5 "SeaGull" is suppose to kick them on the authenticating error, so that they rejoin properly. (So I've been told)
I noticed mine was set to log and not kick for some reason , and I refixed it and the problem seems cease to exist. This is a server that is normally 40+ most of the time.
The error seemed to increase more and more when the server got more full, thus more lag and such, which would make sense on how that would cause the authenticating issue.
Just my 5 cents

It seems my players are running into this problem on one of my servers (1.7.7.1), either with or without a server load. I have DZAI running along with Admin Tools, and a few other scripts. I checked my createvehicle.txt which already has the 5 "sea gull" line but they still sometimes spawn in as a bird.

*update
Installed fresh pbos, minus Admin Tools, still happened but only once. Redid pbos with updated AI and scripts, still no Admin Tools, so far hasn't happened.

Back