NEED SCRIPTERS!!!

AI: the one that axeman made sounds good:
dayZ NPC (AI) Units / Troops | Add to Server.

dayz_mission.pbo: :) here's my skype:maxiboymarre add me so we can reach eachother faster

You are next in line for help Max. :) I am currently very busy but as soon as I get the chance I will help you.

Hey Fred, if you aren't terribly blitzed atm maybe you can help me with some of my coding, i got most of the stuff up and running but a few things are giving my problems

I still need you to upload your mission and server pbo. Also, I need to know exactly what addons you want.

Hey Fred... I don't wanna over run you with work but it seems like you helped these guys out earlier and they are wanting exactly what I am. is there any chance you could please help me with

Dogs
Strip For Parts
Self Blood Bag

Also is there a way of making my Admins assign to a team where AI will kill everything but them?

Thank you I hope you can help!!! (I am willing to pay)

I will get started on helping you as soon as I am done helping the others I am working on. Payment is not necessary. I do this because I like to help and I was in your position not even two weeks ago.

I'm just going to pop in and give props to Freaking Fred for helping users who are in need of help.
You don't really see it that often, even on this forum.

Have a happy weekend everyone, and thumbs up to Fred once again.

Thank you. :)

Heres the brand new, freshly baked .PBO files :L please try these Fred

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
  • dayz_server.pbo
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
Heres the brand new, freshly baked .PBO files :L please try these Fred

Okay. I added refuel and salvage to this dayz_mission.pbo and I am going to upload it here. If it doesn't work this time, you may be adding it incorrectly in your control panel. If that is the case, I could try adding it for you.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    88.2 KB · Views: 6
I'm just going to pop in and give props to Freaking Fred for helping users who are in need of help.
You don't really see it that often, even on this forum.

Have a happy weekend everyone, and thumbs up to Fred once again.

Here is the mission pbo I edited for you. Let me know if you have any issues.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    400.6 KB · Views: 11
Hey Fred,
I have been trying to figure out how to add a tow script and salvage script to my .pbo file. I have a debug monitor, lift script and load script already on my server and am worried about screwing it up. I have tried to pull the .pbo's you have modified and try to figure out what code I have use but have not been successful. I am new to this whole thing about 4 days of it. I was wondering if you could take a look at my .pbo and tell me what else I need to do to make the salvaging and towing work. I am also on dayz.st

Thanks

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    981.8 KB · Views: 2
Alright I see a lot of help but nothing very descriptive on text :(.....So currently me and my friend are hosting a server he's owner I'm admin were looking to put a few scripts into our mission file but do not know how to or if that's what needs to be done...were looking into getting full moon,lifting,tow,and adding extra Industrial buildings,Hospitals,Supermarkets etc..also wanting to make custom spawned loot as well without having to use Rmod we are noobs at being host so hoping to learn easily and quickly with no hassle. We currently hosting a Fallujah map for DayZ.ST which iv'e heard was the best so went with it :D..Freaking Fred if you are able to help I can post my email or my Skype for you to get a hold of me and give me step by step instructions would be much appreciated that way while your walking me through I can walk him through as well or just let him respond back or chat with you on his free time or do like the fellas above in the forums whichever is best just let me know and great job helping others with issues that no one else would do or say "look in Google' which honestly Google doesn't help as much... Skype: LoneGunnerDaniel Email: [email protected] whichever is best check both daily

I laugh when I see people post things like "I am keen to learn" , when all they really mean is "here, do it for me"! Freaking Fred, you're a star mate, but I think you've just dug a hole for yourself doing all this for free and I bet your inbox is full to the brim too ;)

Kudos for you though.

BTW, I have full moon nights, no fog, reduced rain, reduced overcast settings, vehicle tow, salvage parts, heli lift (admins only feature), Sarges AI's (AI's that have heli fights, steal your gear, track you down and much more), protected admin base, custom zombie spawn rate, extra heli crash sites, self blooding (with in-combat timeout), custom debug monitors for both regular and admin players, no roadblocks, custom buildings, spectate (senior admins only), NO hero skin (removes a lot of the bugs related to it, and you even get to keep your humanity), and loads more to come...

I added it all myself, learning from scratch since 3 months ago. I highly recommend reading any and all Arma 2 Editor guides , which you can find easily via searching on Google... :)

Hey LoneGunner,

I have been working on our new server for about 5 days now, I am also brand new to scripting and there is a lot of info out there unfortunately if you have never done this before it is like trying to put a car together with foreign language instructions. Below are some links that helped me out with putting in building and adding scripts.

First thing is you need to be able to download and upload you dayz_mission.pbo and dayz_server.pbo you do this on your st server by going to the bottom of control panel and checking advanced settings. This will allow you to download both of the default .pbo files (it will also let you upload them).

After you get them down you have to be able to open them I use cpbo but there are other out there. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411 i the link for it.

Here is a link for a nice debug monitor http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/slighty-nicer-debug-monitor.1752/page-2#post-4243

Here is a link to nice load script BTK loadscript (although I can't get c-130j to load, everthing else works) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10835

Adding buildings

Here is how I add buildings to my map
He gives a step by step how to do it in the 3d editor.
Ok a few things you are REALLY gonna want to know that tripped me up. The first time you add a building in with what every number you assign it, if you put that same building in you will have to use that number.
Here is a example:
You put a land_mil_barrack in as 2, you want to put another barracks in at another location you have to make sure the number you use is 2.
Basically that type of barrack will always be number 2 you will need to know that. So what I do is the first time I put a building on the map I will put in the whole code which looks like this.
INSERT INTO `bliss_2970`.`building` (`id`, `class_name`) VALUES ('2','Land_budova4_in');

INSERT INTO `bliss_2970`.`instance_building` (`building_id`, `instance_id`, `worldspace`) VALUES ('2','2970','[283.13,[17209.04,8234.99,0.64]]');
The second time I put in the same building I would only use the 2nd line. This took me a bit to figure out (I am slow what can I say) this tells the database what type of building you want, and where you want it.
INSERT INTO `bliss_2970`.`instance_building` (`building_id`, `instance_id`, `worldspace`) VALUES ('2','2970','[883.13,[4209.04,9234.99,0.04]]');

Here are 2 additional files that will let you add building to your map like hospitals, stores, apartments and other stuff.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11668 Drens .pbo for buildings not in the 3d editor

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5932 Jon -C5- .pbo for buildings not in the 3d editor

Here is a link to take you mission file from 3d editor and put into database format (the one he talks about in his video) http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php

If you want to use these files you have to put them in your arma directory on your local machine to add building that are not in the map editor, you do this by going to your arma directory on you local machine. X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 (or where ever it is for you ) and copy jon /dren .pbo files to the addon folder (when you do this you WILL not be able to play online you will only be able to edit, that is why I have a shortcut on my desktop to the arma2 directory). Once you finish editing the map you will need to delete/remove these files so that you can play online again.

Here is another way you can do it in game http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/how-to-add-new-buildings-and-objects-via-database.6778/ (i wouldn't suggest it though) it does have good info like websites with all the building names.

I hope this helps ya with some stuff at least gets you rolling.

Thanks
OE

thanks Oneeye that is alot better step by step description than what i have found so far... coodos to you for the links and video
as well as the help

Np man everyone either find the solutions and say found the problem good luck suckers or expects that you have coded since birth and already know it lol.

OE

This is confusing tho I dont understand what I am missing I try downloading the links from the link on armaholic but seems I am missing something and have no idea what do I need a file zipper program or something?

You have to get a program that will open the .pbo files I use cpbo the link should take you there if not just do a search and you should find it. It installs it as a menu item so you have to right click on the .pbo file and it will ask to extract pbo. Which it will extract it to the folder where the pbo exist and the folder will be called whatever the file name was. I.E. Dayz_mission.pbo will become dayz_mission folder and you will find all the files you need to modify or add, once you are done just right click on the dazy_mission folder and click create .pbo file and it will make it back into the dayz_mission.pbo file. I would also rename the orginal file to something like dayz_missionorg.pbo just so you always have it, I also rename whatever old file I am working on that is good so I can go back to if I have to. So If I was unpacking and editing my debug script dayz_mission.pbo , after extracting it I would call it dayz_missiondebug.pbo so if the changes I made were screwed up I would still have it to go back to and wouldn't have to redo the debug script.

Sorry if this is long winded.

After you get them down you have to be able to open them I use cpbo but there are other out there.http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411 i the link for it.

Hope this helps

OE

About the scripts they will go the same way as the other scripts I linked as long as they are packaged the same (which i haven't found that is why I don't have them) most of them are custom done or in a mission.pbo file and you have to open them up and try to figure it out which I have not been able to do yet. You also have to deal with BE script restrictions which can be a pain, you either have to find the offending line of code of the script you want to run or comment out what is kicking you from the server in your battle eye script.txt (very bad idea btw). Here is a link for my heli lift script that I use I had to modify it to remove some stuff I didn't want but unlike almost any other script out there it has really good directions on how to set it up http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9285

Back