No Custom loadouts for Pwnoz0r ?

Fxart

Hi, I just wanted to confirm this. the lastest Pwnoz0r private server version does not allow for a custom load out? Custom Load out meaning, editing the hive DB to give a starting player a certain set of weapons and items everytime they spawn. If this is not true then How do you do it? I edited the table but nothing happened. I was able to login to the game but without a gun ( which is usual ).

If it is true, can someone recommend a server setup that will let me do this ? Last thing, let me say that Pwnoz0r's server is amazing as is. It was easy to setup, runs great, and gives me little to no problems. I just want to start the game with weapon to get me started.

Thanks

Your starting inventory is in dayz_code>config.cpp. If you edit this and set Verify Signatures to zero, you can in fact start with something else. However, you will be the only one unless other people have your dayz_code file as well.

Bare in mind setting verify signatures to 0 is not a good idea on any decent server.

Or unless you devote a lot of time to watching your players through spectate mode to make sure they are not abusing it. :p

Ahhh I see, its like that huh. Curse you Pwnoz0r <shake fist in the sky> for not doing what I want you to do even though we've never met. :)

BTW, thanks for the info. I might do it cause my server is just for a small group of people and would not be running 24-7. One quick question. I have seen people talk about extracting this config.ccp file but how do you get it back in the file or do you? Is that why its not a good idea?

You un-pbo dayz_code to edit the config.cpp file. Then you must re-pbo or "pack" it back up into the pbo for the server to read your new file. Everytime you change something, if you have Verify Sigs turned on, you must give that file to your friends. Since it's just for friends, you won't have to bother.

Be warned, the server seems to decide wether it wants to use your loot tables, or your friends files, on a whim. Example, I have edited MilitarySpecial, and when spawning the barracks, it will use the server's loot tables. When it spawns Residential or Industrial loot, it seems to use the player's and not the server's. IE I removed crowbars, even using Loot Substitution as well as removing them from the loot tables. They continue to spawn. :eek:

The same tool that un pbo's it can re pbo it. Just right click the folder and there will be an option in PBO manager to repack it.

Back