ObjectIUID

ObjectUID is created from the deployables location and direction.
in the sever_functions.sqf file:
Code:
dayz_objectUID2 = {
    private["_position","_dir","_key"];
    _dir = _this select 0;
    _key = "";
    _position = _this select 1;
    {
        _x = _x * 10;
        if ( _x < 0 ) then { _x = _x * -10 };
        _key = _key + str(round(_x));
    } forEach _position;
    _key = _key + str(round(_dir));
    _key;
};
You can see it takes the direction (0-359) and the _position array which is the X,Y coords. Its a bit confusing to look at but it takes the X coord and mulitplys it by 10, rounds off the decimals, and puts it at the start of the UID. then does same for Y and adds that to the UID, finally it adds in the Direction. so .. you can actually determine roughly where an item is by its uniqueID but not who made it.

in the database, it should have a survivor ID of the person who created it though.
And I would bet that the "characterID" variable stored in the deployable is that survivor ID.
the Pack Tent code would show you how to use this information since only the original owner can pack the tent as its tied to the character ID.

Last edited:
in your object_data table it will be characterID.

You can retrieve it in a script by calling getvariable for that item.
_object getvariable["characterID",0];
If there is no characterID set, then its set to 0.

If you look at your server_monitor.sqf file you will see that when the object is created it is assigned the variable "characterID"
_object setVariable ["CharacterID", _ownerID, true];
The _ownerID value assigned to CharacterID is passed to the server_monitor from the databasebase column "characterID".

So then it looks like I will have to check the object class to ensure the character ID isnt a combination. - not a horrible thing for what I'm doing.

Back