OpenDayZ Maps

beowolfschaefer

Staff member
I have been creating web maps for a lot of the game maps created here and elsewhere for a while. These were previously hosted on my home connection but I've now added them to OpenDayZ.

You can check them out here @ OpenDayz.net/maps

I plan to add other maps that already exist and those which are still coming.

As always if you would like the image files or the whole web package so you can host these yourselves, or use them for other projects just message me and I'll get them to your somehow.

Enjoy!

Thank you for this!

As part of a Dev Team it REALLY makes our lives easier on SOOO many levels...

I would assume you have no plans to intigrate a DayZDB style loot map or vehicle spawn table? (vehicle spawn table would be impossible for our port lol)

Honestly I'm not that skilled. I basically found a tutorial and a tool to make the tiles from a source image then upload with a pre-made HTML page. I have made some other basic tweaks beyond that but nothing very advanced. It is possible I might be able to figure out a way to add some items to the maps but I haven't looked into it in a while. This is the tutorial that I used to make them. If anyone else with a bit more experience with the google map API wants to take a look and verify if adding spawn locations somehow possible I'd welcome the input.

See, that makes this even more interesting to me, I have been thinking about the possibility of a "DayZ Earth" project...

All the maps have actual settings with back stories... (Sahrani has distances from other landmarks/cities)... Further ALL the maps have a "sat map image that is curved for when you are flying... so layering that over a ball for google earth shouldn't be THAT hard...)

This sort of thing is why I'd love to see a developers union so to speak... I'm sure that the 5-20 guys who ONLY do map stuff could put their heads together and get this done for ALL The maps in a matter of weeks...

I'll look into this more at some point and maybe try to stir up some interest among people with more skills in this area.

Just quickly... this should be SUPER easy for A2/A3 maps as they're all based off real places anyway... you could literally just grab chucks of the real google earth and use them lock stock and barrel... you'd only have to add the fictional ones... Taviana, Sahrani (might be based on a real place or two but I don't think so)...

I see these aren't working anymore. For reference they were web accessible fully zoom-able versions of the in-game maps of several Dayz mod maps. I still have my copies here. If anyone is still interesting in something like this please pot and I'll see about getting them hosted here properly again.

those are always useful to someone. the problem here is that things get lost in a forum and unless someone searches for zoomable maps, they will never find them once this topic is stale. so they wont get used or missed because few people will know they exist.

the site needs a 'tools' menu with links to all the useful things here. these maps, pwnoz0rs script to place loot, the script to convert sqf to biedi .. etc

No problem but it seems like they are no longer functional here anyway. If anyone still wants them I could throw them all up in zip or something.

Back