Origins Server?

Wow I'm surprised nobody has figured out Dayz Origins contains an Illegal server copy protection.

just browse to your dayz @DayzOrigins\Addons\dayz_code open with your fav PBO unpacker. Enter the commit folder and look for spawn_loot.sqf and remove this line

0 cutText ["", "BLACK",10];

from this section of code

if(!isnil("dayzLogin")) exitWith {
diag_log "DEBUG: pirated server";
disableUserInput false;
1 cutText ["WARNING !!! This is un-official server of Origins Mod and does not represent the mod concepts or gameplay experience intended by the developers.", "PLAIN",15];
player enableSimulation false;
};

this should fix the loot spawn issue.

if you feel so inclined go through all the other files contained in the dayz_code and remove all copies of this line from any that contain it.

Have fun!

want to see the difference check out my server just look for BSOD in dayzcommander. I have added extra's, fixed the day/night cycle. It pretty much runs how it should expect for the Survivor choppers they like to jerk across the sky instead of flying smooth.

Wow I'm surprised nobody has figured out Dayz Origins contains an Illegal server copy protection.

just browse to your dayz @DayzOrigins\Addons\dayz_code open with your fav PBO unpacker. Enter the commit folder and look for spawn_loot.sqf and remove this line

from this section of code

if(!isnil("dayzLogin")) exitWith {
diag_log "DEBUG: pirated server";
disableUserInput false;
1 cutText ["WARNING !!! This is un-official server of Origins Mod and does not represent the mod concepts or gameplay experience intended by the developers.", "PLAIN",15];
player enableSimulation false;
};

this should fix the loot spawn issue.

if you feel so inclined go through all the other files contained in the dayz_code and remove all copies of this line from any that contain it.

Have fun!

want to see the difference check out my server just look for BSOD in dayzcommander. I have added extra's, fixed the day/night cycle. It pretty much runs how it should expect for the Survivor choppers they like to jerk across the sky instead of flying smooth.

Just because people don't post it here does not mean they have not figured out how to remove that section of code. In total that code shows up in 11/12 different files, it is easy to remove most of them but the last two in repair and retake are more of a pain.

you can remove the lines... but your players need to download the whole file too or they will execute the script with their original files...
but hambeast has posted a possible solution to this here before...
im not sure about this but some believe that there are some origins developers connecting to the servers and executing this code manually...
and this can be blocked with the battleye filters...

well it's odd but i have never seen the pirated server warning, and nobody else has ever commented they get it. The only issue i really have is the AI moonwalk as i like to call it.

you can remove the lines... but your players need to download the whole file too or they will execute the script with their original files...
but hambeast has posted a possible solution to this here before...
im not sure about this but some believe that there are some origins developers connecting to the servers and executing this code manually...
and this can be blocked with the battleye filters...

Unless i am mistaken you should be able to move those files to the mission file, remove the selected lines and there you go, no more horrible warning messages about official servers.

well it's odd but i have never seen the pirated server warning, and nobody else has ever commented they get it. The only issue i really have is the AI moonwalk as i like to call it.
That sounds like a bad ide because your clients need a thirdparty client.

Unless i am mistaken you should be able to move those files to the mission file, remove the selected lines and there you go, no more horrible warning messages about official servers.
yeah... i tried that... but when you take a closer look at ALL origins files... you will find out that these are also called in 2 files you cant move to your missionfile... (config.cpp in 2 pbo files)
i have found no way to get the config.cpp files overridden this way...

so the only way to get them off 100% is to edit dayz_code.pbo and get your players download it...
i have forced this on our server by using new signature files for all origins files...
because if only one player uses the original dayz_code.pbo he will get the message sooner or later... and causes the server to bug around for all others too...

otherwise... if the method which hambeast was posting is working there is no need to edit any of these files...
but it just has to be confirmed first that it works...

i will setup a testserver soon anyways... so i can test this one out then too...

yeah... i tried that... but when you take a closer look at ALL origins files... you will find out that these are also called in 2 files you cant move to your missionfile... (config.cpp in 2 pbo files)

so the only way to get them off 100% is to edit dayz_code.pbo and get your players download it...
i have forced this on our server by using new signature files for all origins files...
because if only one player uses the original dayz_code.pbo he will get the message sooner or later... and causes the server to bug around for all others too...

otherwise... if the method which hambeast was posting is working there is no need to edit any of these files...

i will setup a testserver soon anyways... so i can test this one out then too...
So everyone needs to go @your site and download a complete new pack?

That sounds awfull, hope they get there shit together and release real files soon.

Just had a quick look at according to what hambeast wrote on reddit he moved files to the mission file and has the battle eye filters in place. I am going to assume that if you do the same then you should be fine. All is needed after that is edit the zombie spawns to increase them and you're done.

IF i get him when i get home i'll upload my whole server as it is right now.

Just had a quick look at according to what hambeast wrote on reddit he moved files to the mission file and has the battle eye filters in place. I am going to assume that if you do the same then you should be fine. All is needed after that is edit the zombie spawns to increase them and you're done.

IF i get him when i get home i'll upload my whole server as it is right now.

Sounds Amazing cortez, then we all have good servers :D

So everyone needs to go @your site and download a complete new pack?

That sounds awfull, hope they get there shit together and release real files soon.
they only need to download a zip file with the modified dayz_code.pbo and some signature files...
you can also put a link in the servername... so everyone should be able to find it... if they are able to read ^^

but moving some files into the missionfile does NOT help anyways... because you cant move all of them... and partially is equal to zero... so you can save this space in the missionfile and keep it small...

Since DayZ origins server file contains no copyrighted material, we should put in on github and start to build on it.

Thats actually a very good idea seens as all of us have different fixes in place and everyone is trying to end up with the same thing in some form or another

When using on an external db, via cPanel on a web hosting account, why is it that the procedures always fail when importing the db?

Are we restricted to installing the db on the same server?

Since DayZ origins server file contains no copyrighted material, we should put in on github and start to build on it.

Thats actually a very good idea seens as all of us have different fixes in place and everyone is trying to end up with the same thing in some form or another

i was talking to alex about this and was very tempted to do it. Or even make a new @originsmod, remove the cap and then repack it. If we get everyone to use the same files maybe people will join it

Anyone know why when I start the server, I get Battleye failed to start?
Watching the Battleye folder, when starting the server, the battleye.dll file disappears once Batleye fails to start.
I have to install the file again, but it keeps erasing it.

the only problem i see is with the client file since they have made some custom skins,maybe we will have to ditch it

When using on an external db, via cPanel on a web hosting account, why is it that the procedures always fail when importing the db?

Are we restricted to installing the db on the same server?

I had _ALOT_ of problems with all the procedures and other DB stuff on Linux so you should really run it on the same server (Windows) as the gameserver until they got there shit together and learn to write SQL stuff or anyone re-writes all of the code in the Origins project...

Its a big mess, the whole project.

i needed to update my mysql server to the latest version to get this db dump imported without any errors...
but now it runs on my linux machine very well...

Running 5.1.68 on one of our servers.
Running 5.3.24 on another server.
And 5.5.24 via WAMP on the dedicated server.

All give the errors.
What version are you using Gagi2?

Back