Origins Server?

Your server cant handle it then.
Have you lowered the zombies? i did that and everything is smooth now.

dayz_1.origins.tavi\Debug\variables.sqf
dayz_maxAnimals = 5;
DAYZ_agentnumber = 0;
dayz_animalDistance = 800;
dayz_zSpawnDistance = 1000;
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 30;

I may have to do that, thanks for the tip.

Also another 2 issues, they may have been covered before, will search thread tomorrow.

1) Does anyone have a working 24/7 Day method that works?
2) Heli's are leaking fuel for no apparent reason, noticeably Praga's.

Also introducing my mod.

overview.png

Read more here

edit: few typo's above, also ARMY give 200 not 100.

1.People report to me that the problem with the loot from the house disappears L1 Hero (door Open)
2.And at the exit and entrance to see the server clone(10-20sec). (can copy items)

1.People report to me that the problem with the loot from the house disappears L1 Hero (door Open)
2.And at the exit and entrance to see the server clone(10-20sec). (can copy items)

I'd like to say that it is not only happening with L1 Hero, but also L3 Bandit. I'm not using your files though, but it is still an issue, at least on my server.

With latest server files, building isn`t working.
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Debug] Original params: |CHILD:308:1:large_shed_lvl_1:0:9885956:[22,[3342.43,21213,0],[0.0510374,0.0170124,0.998552]]:[]:[["stage_1",0],["stage_2",1],["player",1e+007]]:0:33424212130022:|
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 308 Params: 1:large_shed_lvl_1:0:9885956:[22,[3342.43,21213,0],[0.051,0.017,0.999]]:[]:[["stage_1",0],["stage_2",1],["player",1e+007]]:0:33424212130022:
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1:large_shed_lvl_1:0:9885956:[22,[3342.43,21213,0],[0.0510374,0.0170124,0.998552]]:[]:[["stage_1",0],["stage_2",1],["player",1e+007]]:0:33424212130022:|
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Debug] Original params: |CHILD:307:|
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 307 Params:
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["PASS",[2013,5,30,10,50]]

In DB nothing saved.

this is a know bug with the houses. Somethimes her hive fails to write the inventory. Didn´t found the reason so far. The only way on my server is to make sql backups every 15 min and if someone reports empty gear i copy out the inventory string from a backup and update the entry. This happens pretty often after a restart.

i found another bug about the time...
3 guys looked at their watch... and everyone had another time on it...

or for one its bright day... and for another its getting dark night...
so the players dont have the same time...

I'd like to say that it is not only happening with L1 Hero, but also L3 Bandit. I'm not using your files though, but it is still an issue, at least on my server.

I believe this is happening due to the two inventories a house has. A locked an unlocked inventory.

My theory of what is happening:

User unlocks house, server is laggy so it shows a "unlock house" menu item again. User click this and code is not happy, deletes inventory and sends signal to DB.

Might be something else like a local variable being fucked with by the double unlock... I say this because once a house is "bugged" it remains bugged until the next restart (haven't tested with user logging off and back on)

You can edit the DB but once the user opens the house again, it updates the inventory in the database to be empty.

Once I put in my fix, I could make a change to the inventory in the DB and the user could isntantly access it without restart or relogging.

been playing from last 15 hours on my server with 20/20 slots. Will gather up all the pros and cons of the current github files and post it in a summary form.

Also another 2 issues, they may have been covered before, will search thread tomorrow.

Also introducing my mod.

Read more here

That looks awesome, will you be releasing it public ?

Also can someone please help me out:

My server runs fine with 20-30 ping for most of the players, loot seems to spawn good and zombies etc are all fine but the Taviana guards and patrols have very bad accuracy and seem to stutter/lag allot, I have tried the fixes in this thread and searched google but find nothing, does anyone perhaps have any ideas to fix this as they are a pretty big part of the map to us and having them lag this bad ruins a fair bit.

Also introducing my mod.

Read more here

24 hour daylight is easy... set your time to static in the hive.ini say 0800. Restart server regularly.

Also can someone please help me out:

My server runs fine with 20-30 ping for most of the players, loot seems to spawn good and zombies etc are all fine but the Taviana guards and patrols have very bad accuracy and seem to stutter/lag allot, I have tried the fixes in this thread and searched google but find nothing, does anyone perhaps have any ideas to fix this as they are a pretty big part of the map to us and having them lag this bad ruins a fair bit.

I don't think ping is a very good indicator of client (or server) lag in arma2. Sure if you have a ping of 300 you are going to have issues but I have players on my server with 180+ ping that don't have this issue.

What are the specs of your server?
Processor, Ram, Uplink ?

I don't think ping is a very good indicator of client (or server) lag in arma2. Sure if you have a ping of 300 you are going to have issues but I have players on my server with 180+ ping that don't have this issue.

What are the specs of your server?
Processor, Ram, Uplink ?

100mb up/download
24gb ddr3
quad core w3520 2.67ghz

Is there anything specific I should be doing in any of the server configs or the server launch bat to help this? I have tried the cores and exthreads settings

100mb up/download
24gb ddr3
quad core w3520 2.67ghz

Is there anything specific I should be doing in any of the server configs or the server launch bat to help this? I have tried the cores and exthreads settings

any other services running on the box? other game servers, dayz servers, http, etc.

I noticed you added sarge framework to your server. Are you only experiencing this with sarge units or all npcs in origins?

I didnt add sarge yet, and we have 2 cod4 servers running sometimes 3 but they don't use much resources, maybe 100-200mb ram and barely any bandwidth, they are stock servers without any mods, we have around 70% of the box's resources free at all times, and all of the upload/download available right now and still experience it.

AI will open fire if in a vehicle but only at a very short range and will usually always miss but the AI themselves on foot and in helicopters teleport/look very choppy and have almost no accuracy.

The AI on origins usually open fire fairly early and seem to send out search parties if you land or shoot/kill people in a certain area, these sit or move a very short distance very laggy and act as though they are unable to see anyone.

http://prntscr.com/17iua8
Guys help, I don `t know what to do, did the right thing, I have a lot of experience in keeping servers. But it is really dreadful ... : (I have the impression that the hive does not react at all: (
mysql 5.6
db is on localhost ...
I did not sleep all night, I panic ...
I read about the fact that a hive some problems.

http://prntscr.com/17iua8
Guys help, I don `t know what to do, did the right thing, I have a lot of experience in keeping servers. But it is really dreadful ... : (I have the impression that the hive does not react at all: (
mysql 5.6
db is on localhost ...
I did not sleep all night, I panic ...
I read about the fact that a hive some problems.

Looks like your HiveExt isnt responding or loading up,

1) check your cmd launch line make sure the correct directories have been set.
2) have you edited your HiveExt.ini accordingly?
3) do you have the correct .dll files in the correct directory.

most importantly! use the new (origins) database.dll as the old one doesn't load the database.

goodluck

Testing is pretty much done, I'll tidy up some lose ends and release it tomorrow.

I'll be also releasing another version which uses less server resources, for the lower system spec servers and hope for better performance.

Is there any chance that the files will be of cortez version 1.7.5

Patch coming soon, and a LOT of changes

Back