Player Indicator on map?

muggerfugger

I am trying to set it it up so that players have a blue dot on the map to show their positions. I know this can be achieved using the difficulty setting, but that also shows the other players to that player.

Dayz.St has a feature where they can enable this for you, but you have to email the dayz.st admins for them to enable it, but due to their horrible and nonexistent support, you most likely wont ever get a reply, as i havent.

An idea I had was to tweak infistar so that play ers would see their locations, but i don't know how to code, so that'd be too complicated.

I found this script online, which shows positions of every player, and i think i can call it from the init.sqf, but i don't want it to show every player, only individual payers to themselves.

Code:
private["_mapDrawEvent","_unitList","_i","_j","_unit","_markerName","_marker"];

_mapDrawEvent ={
_unitList = allUnits;
_i =0;
_j = count _unitList;

for"_i"from0 to _j do{
_unit = _unitList select _i;

_markerName =("_playerMark"+(str _i));

deleteMarkerLocal _markerName;

// Don't include the local player in thisif(player != _unit)then{
_marker setMarkerTypeLocal "mil_dot";
_marker setMarkerShapeLocal "ICON";
_marker setMarkerPosLocal (position _unit);
_marker setMarkerColorLocal ("ColorRed");
_marker setMarkerTextLocal format["%1", name _unit];
_marker setMarkerSizeLocal [0.8,0.8];}};

deleteMarkerLocal "_mainPlayerMarker";

// Draw ourselves nukka
_marker = createMarkerLocal["_mainPlayerMarker", position player];
_marker setMarkerTypeLocal "mil_dot";
_marker setMarkerPosLocal (position player);
_marker setMarkerColorLocal ("ColorBlue");
_marker setMarkerTextLocal "YOURSELF";
_marker setMarkerSizeLocal [2.0,2.0];};

while{true}do{
call _mapDrawEvent;

sleep 1;};

I havent been able to test it yet, because i always wait til my server is empty before testing things.
So i don't know if it'll work or not.

If i remove the indicators for other players, it should only show yourself on the map, correct?

Can anyone who knows about coding assist with this?

thanks

if a player should see only his own marker on the map:
this should be enough:
Code:
while{true}do{
    // Draw ourselves nukka
    _marker = createMarkerLocal["MainPlayerMarker", position player];
    _marker setMarkerTypeLocal "Vehicle";
    _marker setMarkerPosLocal (position player);
    _marker setMarkerColorLocal ("ColorBlue");
    _marker setMarkerTextLocal "YOURSELF";
    _marker setMarkerSizeLocal [2.0,2.0];
    sleep 1;
    deleteMarkerLocal "MainPlayerMarker";
};

due to their horrible and nonexistent support, you most likely wont ever get a reply, as i havent.
That sums up HFB also. These GSP's don't give a shit about the customer...plain and simple. They can say they do all day until they're blue in the face, fact is, the GSP's ONLY care about taking your money, once they have, you can basically fuck off and die for all they care.

That sums up HFB also. These GSP's don't give a shit about the customer...plain and simple. They can say they do all day until they're blue in the face, fact is, the GSP's ONLY care about taking your money, once they have, you can basically fuck off and die for all they care.

Agree. Dayz.st used to be great, not sure what happened. I know the guy who runs it was on the forum complaining how standalone is going to make them lose business due to no private hive, but no, your lack of customer appreciation and support is going to make you lose business.

It is pretty wasteful to script refresh a marker with a while loop every second, when you can just use the hud marker built in to the game.

Just set these to one in your server.armaprofile file:
Code:
HUD=1; // Shows you leaders location and your position in formation
HUDPerm=1; // Shows HUD permanently
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

As long as you have these set to zero it should not show other players on the map:
Code:
enemyTag=0;
friendlyTag=0;
hudGroupInfo=0;

I'll try it but it seems dayz.st ignores anything i do to this file. I think its why they (dayz.st admins) have to set it for you.

Great idea but doesn't work maybe one needs a radio equip'd?

It is pretty wasteful to script refresh a marker with a while loop every second, when you can just use the hud marker built in to the game.

Just set these to one in your server.armaprofile file:
Code:
HUD=1; // Shows you leaders location and your position in formation
HUDPerm=1; // Shows HUD permanently
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

As long as you have these set to zero it should not show other players on the map:
Code:
enemyTag=0;
friendlyTag=0;
hudGroupInfo=0;

Back