Players not updating in the hive

Saiboogu

Has anyone run into this? Bliss setup - not sure if it matters. Twice now I've encountered a player who wasn't appearing on my admin maps (dayzmapper & KK's). Looking at the survivor table, they aren't updating in there - no movement, no last_updated. First time around I had some player complaints about the person - finally a person they were supposedly traveling with did a teleport, so I just got rid of them both on a hunch. This time I've only got some player complaints, no evidence... But it certainly is fishy. Is this a thing? Some sort of bypass that stops you from syncing to the hive? Would give them a bit of a built-in rollback ability, I would assume. Plus hiding from some of the tools we use to catch the hackers.

I had one case where a player spawned some gear to himself, but the gear didn't update to the database until I banned him / he disconnected.

Are you sure Navicat isn't just limiting to only display 1000 records (settings icon in bottom right of screen).

In my case, yes.
I queried the player and the result showed no gear, Zamp mapper showed no gear, but GCAM showed his gear correctly in-game. He had the gear for about 15-20min so it should have updated before I banned him.

Did this character have non-ASCII characters in his name? Russians are prime examples.

You should check your MYSQL error logs to see if it failed to save for any reason.

this is a issue with the way hiveext.dll works. Ive msgd thevisad to hopefully change the way the .dll works.

It seems at the moment the hiveext.dll ques database requests and send them off 1 by 1 to the db on a single thread. I was wondering if it would be possible to customize the threads and be able to customize what information gets sent to the DB via custom threads.

Reason i ask for this is a big issue is "waiting for character to create". This happens when the que gets so big that it just cant send requests to the DB anymore, then the server essentially dies because no more mysql.

All ASCII, and I was querying his specific survivor record so there weren't any sort of record limits involved. Didn't check error logs but I'm really suspecting it's some technique of hiding from hive updates, given who has been involved the two times I've seen it.

A number of hacks currently available suppress the hive saves so Database reading admin tools like TSW and DayZ Mapper can't detect what the player is doing. Gcam and server side antihack scripts are currently the best way to detect those.

Back