Players unable to ride with eachother

IJPOOI

Im not really sure where i should have posted this but ive been editing my mission file alot lately and now players cannot ride with eachother in vehicles if their humanity is too low. does anyone have any suggestions? i can attach my mission file if need be.

I did some reading its related to SARGE AI and the way the ai tag players to determine if they are hostile or not, check out his config and turn on the vehicle fix option. seems to have solved it on my server.

Reactions: Fox
I'm pretty tired and I read the title of this thread too quick and though it said "Players unable to ride eachother" haha. I had to take a second glance to make sure I was mistaken. Anyways, I'm glad you got your issue sorted out.

Code:
// run fix for the issue that bandits cant travel in a vehicle with survivors EXPERIMENTAL, might not work 100%
// -----------------------------------------------
SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = true;

this?

yes. If the issue is still there, switch this on:

SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG

and check for the colors of the spheres while you try.

You should see 2 spheres on top of vehicles - one switching from green to red if a player gets close to a vehicle, the other showing the side the vehicle is assigned to. (red = east, green = resistance, blue = west, yellow = Enemy)

I will need screenshots for situations where people cant travel together, as well as the corresponding parts of the rpt.

Sarge

If you have alot of new skins, some of them will stop players from being able to ride together. (mostly the INS and MVD skins)
I think OP fixed his issue, but I noticed a few others had similar problems.

i dont know if this is the same bug:
a week ago i gave my players a random unbanned soldier skin at startup. it works great but i had to remove it because my static npcs were not shooting towards them. the npcs are marked as bandits but have also some soldier skins on.
some of the new soldier skins were also not able to ride with each other or give bloodbags, etc.

We had this bug on ,over the last dayz until yesterday if tuesday night .hm let me look when im at home...

Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

I think OP fixed his issue, but I noticed a few others had similar problems.

i did manage to fix it but we still run into the issue occasionally, most of the time a quick reconnect from the lobby fixes the issue or just hanging around the vehicle for a minute or so does it. i havent heard any complaints from other players so it might also be the fact the last time i ran into this issue i was in a T90, which regardless of anything always shows up red on radars, as does the SUV.

Back