please help dynamic_vehicle

rasmussen

hey forum,
i have a very big problem my server is ready to launch but now i ran into a problem i set my servers MaxVehicleLimit to 250 and choosed what to spawn in the "dynamic_vehicle" file, but when i join the server it just spawns whatever it like i know its a soft number but i tryed to make the numbers 0 and -0 and even tryed to delete a vehicle from the list but its the same thing they just spawn in like the server have no connection to the "dynamic_vehicle" file so i made a backup and deleted the whole file and deletet all the objects/vehicle in the database but its the same thing it just spawn in i have no controle of it

my host is "gaming deluxe"
im running dayz epoch Chernarus 1.0.4.2a

some ppl told me i may need a antihack program that can run a script through the hiveExt but not sure what they mean

hope you guys can help me please

Your question is a little confusing. You deleted all the vehicles from your object_data table in the database. So you are using the dynamic_vehicle script to spawn in random vehicles.
By saying you set the numbers to 0, I assume you do NOT want the dynamic vehicles to spawn.

In your mission files init.sqf find the call to the dynamic vehicle script
Code:
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";

and comment it out or just delete it.
Code:
   //call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";

Or is it just certain vehicles you don't want to spawn in? Do you WANT the database vehicles only? I will gladly help you but need to know exactly what you want to have happen.

some ppl told me i may need a antihack program that can run a script through the hiveExt but not sure what they mean
Some people are dumb ....

hey Shootingblanks thanks for trying to help me, what i mean is that i cant controle what Vehicle

no i want the dynamic vehicle to spawn in random vehicle but i want to controle which one because it spawn in little birds and mi17 all over the place and i want to be able to choose which type of vehicle that can spawn but as i said if i put the number of little birds or mi17 to "0" they spawn in anyway and not only 1 but like 3 or 4 of them and its the same for all types.

the reason i deleadet some vehicles from the list was to try forcing the server not to spawn them but it do it anyway, so as i said its like the server is getting a list of vehicle from somewhare els because no matter what i do in "dynamic vehicle" the server dont respond to it

I looked at the spawn_vehicle function and it should not spawn the vehicle if you set the count to 0 but apparently it does as the documentation says that it will usually spawn 1 more. Your quick and easy solution is to remove the types of vehicles you DONT want to spawn and have only the vehicles that you want. Pay attention to the commas. Each and every vehicle must have a comma at the end EXCEPT for the last one, in this example the UAZ_INS

This should solve your problem, unless they are being spawned in by some other method as well.

Code:
AllowedVehiclesList = [
["AN2_DZ",3],
["car_hatchback",3],
["car_sedan",3],
["CSJ_GyroC",3],
["Lada1",3],
["Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",3],
["UAZ_INS",3]
]

hey shootingblanks. thanks for your help i already testet it by deleating the vehicle i dont want on the list but that dosent make any deffreind lets say i delete the ["car_hatchback",3], it still spawn it in i also tryed to deleted the whole dynamic vehicle file and the server still spawn in vehicles i really dont know what to do i also tryed to reinstall the whole server but its the same problem

Okay so this is what I did.
First I deleted all the vehicles from object_data table in my database. In my init.sqf I set max vehicles to 350.

Restarted the server.

Result was the dynamic spawns created 277 vehicles of various types. 277 was probably the limit of the vehicle counts in dynamic_vehicles.sqf

Stopped the server. Deleted all object_data again. changed the dynamic_vehicle.sqf to this
Code:
AllowedVehiclesList = [
["AH6X_DZ",20],
["ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE",3]
];

Restarted

Result was as expected. I got 24 vehicles in the database. 20 AH6X and 4 SUV even though my max vehicles is 350 its still limited to what is in this array and the types.

So, if you want ONLY the vehicles in your dynamic vehicle array, turn off your server, delete all the the object_data vehicles. Make sure you pack your dayz_server back into a pbo after saving your dynamic vehicles. Start your server.
This script only fills based on how many we can have total

I restarted the server again. This time there were 2 ah6, 1 suv added. So like you read, its just not very good at counting the vehicles.
But it will only put in the vehicles in the list up to the limit you set. Make sure you delete all vehicles in your database first.

thanks i tryed all you said but nothing its the same no change at all, and it only spawns in a small area of the map now, i really dont think the dynamic vehicle file is working because i can do what ever i like in it but the server dont give a shit this is how my dynamic vehicle file looks like

AllowedVehiclesList = [
["ATV_CZ_EP1",30],
["ATV_US_EP1",50],
["C130J_US_EP1",20],
["VWGolf",25],
["Zodiac",25]

];

and maxVehicles is set to 350
as you can see no airplanes is on the list but the server still spawns like 10 Mi17 and 5 little birds and AV22 and i did restart the database,

okay i got the area it spawns to work but the server doesn't respond to the AllowedVehiclesList no matter what i do or change it just do the same as always just spawns all types of Vehicles even tho my AllowedVehiclesList looks like this

AllowedVehiclesList = [
["ATV_CZ_EP1",30],
["ATV_US_EP1",50],
["C130J_US_EP1",20],
["VWGolf",25],
["Zodiac",25]

];

LOL ... everytime someone says they edited but it doesnt work I usually ask if they are SURE they saved it to the pbo. I had never fooled with the dynamic spawns before so at least now I know exactly how it works now.

Hey guys ,

I got the same problem. I deleted all the vehicles from the server data.
i put max vehicles on 500 just for testing. But it looks like the AllowedVehicle didnt get loaded in.

Any tips or things is should look for?

Back