Protected Dome not working on DayZ but is ok on Epoch

ahughes3

Hey folks,

Got a request for a bit of help if you don't mind.

I have scripted in some protected domes onto my Epoch server using the tutorial at Day.st wiki and it all works fine.

I have just tried to do the same on my Dayz server and it doesn't work. I have followed the tutorial as per the instructions. The only difference between the instructions and my files is my mission file. For some reason it is pretty much blank with one line of coding. So I assumed that if I pasted the code in and adapted it to include the loops it would work.......obviously wrong. I have pasted the code I am using below.

If anyone can suggest what else I need to do that would be brilliant. Thanks in advance.

Mission File Code
Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\mission.sqm"

class Markers
    {
        items=1;
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={8565.21,0.001,14721.7};
            name="dome";
            text="Donator - IronDome Protected";
            type="camp";
            colorName="ColorOrange";
        };
    };

class Sensors
    {
        items=1;
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={8565.21,0.001,14721.7};
            a=200;
            b=200;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome";
            expCond="(vehicle player) in thislist;";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""addons\irondome.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""You've left the restricted area, have fun out there!"", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
    };

IronDome.sqf code
Code:
// Below, put the UID of player(s) where it says pasteUIDhere that you want to give access to the dome
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["124026054","163019654"]) exitWith {
titleText ["Welcome home", "PLAIN DOWN", 3]; //or,\\ titleText [format ["Welcome, %1", to Harry's Base], "PLAIN DOWN"]; // welcomes you with your name
};
// What happens if unauthorized players get into the dome
titleText ["You are entering restricted area, leave or you will be hurt.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 10;
titleText ["I'm not kidding, you will be hurt bad. Leave this area now!", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 10;
titleText ["Still not listening, huh?", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 10;
titleText ["You have 5 seconds left", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleText ["See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 2;
player setDamage 0.2;

What do you mean it works? It doesn't work for me in Dayz, only Epoch. The mission file for Dayz is empty and so I'm not sure where to add it?

Anyone.

Can't believe no one has responded to my cry for help. Lots of people must have had this issue when they updated to 1.8.0.3 dayz. I had so much stuff built onto my server and now it's vanilla again and I just can't see where to put the addons now.

Someone please offer some advice that will help me sort this. Once I know how to adapt the empty mission file I will be sorted.

I'm using a very similar system for my player base, donation bases, and admin base systems, and I had an interval when they weren't working back in, oh, 1.7.6 or so. I was triggering on WEST and I fixed it by changing the entry in the mission.sqm sensor declarations to:

activationBy="ANY";

Also, for the purpose of debugging I always leave code like this in the class effects block:

class Effects
{
titleType="TEXT";
titleEffect="PLAIN DOWN";
title="If you see this, the xxx dome script isn't working right now but the intrusion sensor is!";
};
This will tell you more about where the problem is. Those dang expActiv and expDeactiv blocks are so persnickety about quotes... nine times out of ten it will be an issue with them, or a syntax error in the invoked script called by the active line.

- ep

I kinda have it working now, just gotta sort the world space coords out as the Irondome isn't quite in the right place. The problem was that I just needed to delete the filepath reference to the mission file location in the server.pbo (no file there anyway) and just put all the normal code back into the mission.pbo as per the old way.

What I wouldn't mind knowing is how to change the line at the bottom of the irondome script to be able to kick them down to kamenka or something instead of killing them. Any suggestions would be great.

Back