Putting markers onto my server

I suggest you always try off-line before you upload to a server.

Okay so you need these markers working on your mission... lets make sure the script and the commands are correct.

1) Create a 3D mission on your ARMA2 OA 3D editor.
2) Save that mission.
3) Go to the mission folder.
4) Create a new .sqf named "init.sqf".
5) Put this
Code:
[] execVM "markertest.sqf";
in it and save.
6) Create a new .sqf named "markertest.sqf".
7) Put the following code in it and save.

Code:
_PVP1 = createMarker ["PVP1", [1250, 5556, 0]];        // INSERT YOUR OWN COORDINATES HERE
_PVP1 setMarkerText "PVP ZONE";
_PVP1 setMarkerType "mil_objective";
_PVP1 setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_PVP1 setMarkerBrush "Solid";
PVP1 = _PVP1;

8) Reload your 3D mission file.
9) Look at the map and check if the markers are there.

If everything is properly working, then it's only a matter of adding the rest of the makers to the "markertest.sqf" file (or however you wish to name it) and then adding the code in point 5 at the bottom of the "init.sqf" on the server mission folder. Of course, put the "markertest.sqf" file on your mission folder as well.

I suggest you always try off-line before you upload to a server.

Okay so you need these markers working on your mission... lets make sure the script and the commands are correct.

1) Create a 3D mission on your ARMA2 OA 3D editor.
2) Save that mission.
3) Go to the mission folder.
4) Create a new .sqf named "init.sqf".
5) Put this
Code:
[] execVM "markertest.sqf";
in it and save.
6) Create a new .sqf named "markertest.sqf".
7) Put the following code in it and save.

Code:
_PVP1 = createMarker ["PVP1", [1250, 5556, 0]];        // INSERT YOUR OWN COORDINATES HERE
_PVP1 setMarkerText "PVP ZONE";
_PVP1 setMarkerType "mil_objective";
_PVP1 setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_PVP1 setMarkerBrush "Solid";
PVP1 = _PVP1;

8) Reload your 3D mission file.
9) Look at the map and check if the markers are there.

If everything is properly working, then it's only a matter of adding the rest of the makers to the "markertest.sqf" file (or however you wish to name it) and then adding the code in point 5 at the bottom of the "init.sqf" on the server mission folder. Of course, put the "markertest.sqf" file on your mission folder as well.
how can i test without uploading it to my server?

Launch game, when you are on the main menu screen, press control + E, select map, etc.

You might want to watch a tutorial for the 3D editor if you haven't toyed around with it before, it might be a bit overwhelming at first.

Should work perfectly. I tried the marker and the mil_objective is allowed by the latest DayZ versions. Don't know what to tell you, are you sure you followed the instructions properly?

can you take a pic of your folder just so i know what should be in it but i have to go to bed so i will tell you if it works after i get home from school

IF you added the line in the init.sqf and IF you properly created the markertest.sqf, then yes. It should work properly. Make sure you got the coordinates for the markers correctly, don't use mine, they are for Lingor.

Back