questions about the AI

is it possible to make the AI not shoot at admins and heroes but the bandit AI shoot at all players including admins and heroes as i want a army base up north that is protected by army

thanks for any replies in advance

thats exactly the way it works already. As long as your admins are not bandits.
Soldier and survivor AI will ONLY attack zombies and bandits.
and if you want the soldiers to attack players that are in between hero and bandit you can set the humanity value that will cause the soldiers to attack to 5000. Now everyone who is NOT a hero will be attacked. Just make sure your admins are heros ;)

i finally installed this and managed to get it to work. (sorry for not reading your old forum but 60 pages can get exhausting)
my problems are as follows:
survivor ai are attacking players who do not have negative humanity. We all had 2500 humanity and they would attack us like no tomorrow.
the other thing i had since i installed this is it seems to auto-lock on aggroed zeds. This can get very frustrating as your running along then your screen swings to the side view because you auto locked on someone. I can live with the auto-aim but i would really like to get the survivors to work properly.

also is there a way to disable to helicopter patrols?

**if this bottom section is too confusing just ignore it**

when im setting up things like this // Balota, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,2],[80,0,80],[2,0,3]],"SAR_area_1_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;
how do i find out the proper grid squares such as [2,0,3]?

Are you sure the "survivors" weren't just bandits using the survivor skin? Check your config file.

The "auto lock" thing is a product of the set server difficulty level, I'm pretty sure. Turn it up one level. As far as I know, the difficulty level only adjusts HUD stuff anyway, not how fast you die.

Ya i had assumed that a bandit was using a skin when I seen the survivor outfit with a bandit hood on, all I've yet to spawn are bandits soiIwas unsure. II'll try adjusting the server difficulty and hopefully I'll post good results :)

Back