quite bad desync occuring

debug fps always reports high fps on server startup because their is no AI running around. Id like to see your FPS after running for 5 hours.

IF you run 30-50fps after 5 hours im presuming you are using a Headless Client to offload the zombie calculations.

I viewed my rpt for compairison and my debug FPS is not that far off of yours. I wonder if # monitor show the same FPS as the .rpt. Edit: viewing a .rpt with max players my debug fps is 2-4 fps.

I also have a bunch of this garbage in my .rpt
9:20:16 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1071839969 (ANDREW)
9:20:16 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1071839969, users.card=8
9:29:34 Server: Network message 16810a2 is pending

^^ anyone have any ideas?

debug fps always reports high fps on server startup because their is no AI running around. Id like to see your FPS after running for 5 hours.

IF you run 30-50fps after 5 hours im presuming you are using a Headless Client to offload the zombie calculations.
I restart my servers at 8 AM and 8 PM EST. at 6:25 PM in these logs the server had been running for about 9 hours with 30 users on at those FPS. No headless client at this point; although, that is something I am working on.

Zombies in DayZ that spawn are not Units, they do not load with the same FSM attached to them that non dayz units spawn with. They are lacking a danger FSM, they have a init specified in the class that makes them load the zombie fsm in almost all cases. The only thing the server does with zeds is update the position and delete them when they become local to it.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createAgent
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Locality_in_Multiplayer

If you google the interviews with rocket he even tells you this.

I restart my servers at 8 AM and 8 PM EST. at 6:25 PM in these logs the server had been running for about 9 hours with 30 users on at those FPS. No headless client at this point; although, that is something I am working on.

now im really curious upon how your server runs at such high fps with all those players! what am i doing wrong.

Thanks for providing the logs. However they do not confirm the player count you have mentioned.
The excerpt you have posted has 21 log lines for 10 minutes. Almost no hive writes or updates of another kind.
Judging from that at that point of time the server had 5 players, maybe ten, mostly idling (not looting anything).

This is also confirmed when having a look at the RPT you have posted (which was taken down meanwhile) - your FPS are only high at times where there is almost no interaction at all - at least not of 30 active players

Thanks for providing the logs. However they do not confirm the player count you have mentioned.
The excerpt you have posted has 21 log lines for 10 minutes. Almost no hive writes or updates of another kind.
Judging from that at that point of time the server had 5 players, maybe ten, mostly idling (not looting anything).

This is also confirmed when having a look at the RPT you have posted (which was taken down meanwhile) - your FPS are only high at times where there is almost no interaction at all - at least not of 30 active players

Like I need to exaggerate? There were 30 players on the server, it was a full house, multiple players of my own admin team where on the server for a good while prior to the hacker logging in. You don't believe me, that's on you, not me, take it as fact or leave it makes me no difference.

No offence intended

I am just stating that, given the RPT you have provided (which does not show a normal amount of hive interaction at the times where you have 50 fps) and the fact that all admins which have been hosting highly frequented servers (40+ players steadily) for the last months struggling with the same issues, for me it seems unlikely that there was such a high playercount on the server.

Nevertheless if this was the case you have found the holy grail of dayz hosting ;)

No offence intended

I am just stating that, given the RPT you have provided (which does not show a normal amount of hive interaction at the times where you have 50 fps) and the fact that all admins which have been hosting highly frequented servers (40+ players steadily) for the last months struggling with the same issues, for me it seems unlikely that there was such a high playercount on the server.

Nevertheless if this was the case you have found the holy grail of dayz hosting ;)

Lol, none taken man! I left the house at 16 players on and when I came home the admins told me the server was full. So to be fair, I went and looked at the databases. I had 113 logins during a 30 minute window 6:03 to 6:32, of these 50 were new players with 31 being in the server 20+ minutes during this time frame.

I am running this on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x 64 machine with 8 GB ram and 8 cpus running as a VM on a ESX 5 box. The ESX box is a Power edge 1950 with 24 GB ram and dual Xeon e5410 processors. The ESX boxes connect to a Power edge 2950 that houses the enterprise Storage iSCSI disks for redundancy purposes.

I almost have the exact same specs there... running 8 dayz servers, split between 2 PE 1950's (same CPU's, but only 16gb in each physical server) running win2008 std x64 guests on esxi 5 as well. both sitting in a DC on 100mb IP transit.

like i said previously, was running just fine before this last update... but i'm going to give your basic.cfg settings a try since they're different from mine. made some further tweaks, and temporarily shut down 2 dayz servers. so far, there is still desync - but it doesn't last for nearly as long as it did previously (seconds now, instead of minutes).

I almost have the exact same specs there... running 8 dayz servers, split between 2 PE 1950's (same CPU's, but only 16gb in each physical server) running win2008 std x64 guests on esxi 5 as well. both sitting in a DC on 100mb IP transit.

like i said previously, was running just fine before this last update... but i'm going to give your basic.cfg settings a try since they're different from mine. made some further tweaks, and temporarily shut down 2 dayz servers. so far, there is still desync - but it doesn't last for nearly as long as it did previously (seconds now, instead of minutes).

Looking over the official reports, it looks like multiple servers are reporting the same thing. There are a few fixes in the above thread as well (SS Zombies) to resolve some game play issues. I would suggest looking at those and trying things out.

https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/issues/360

just testing out your basic.cfg settings, currently about 42 players across my servers (16 on one, which i tested on). desync is greatly reduced, there still was some but it was over very quickly and wasn't as bad as previously. so a step in the right direction! thanks for the assistance, hopefully they push out a patch...

with the basic.cfg thevisad posted no improvement to desync which never existed before the update. if anything some players complained it was worse

with the basic.cfg thevisad posted no improvement to desync which never existed before the update. if anything some players complained it was worse

Karl, issues with desyncing have nothing to do with Reality. This is 100% official code and as such any issues are in the base code of 1.7.5.1. There are posts on the DayZMod github regarding this and several fixes to the effect. A lot has to do with the simulation of zeds server side and vehicle damage occuring.

check this post https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/issues/360

Back