Regarding loot tables

So after reading up on Sahrani, if I understand correctly, North-Sahrani is a communist state presumably under Russian influence and South-Sahrani is an oil-rich country supported by the USA.
Are the Sahrani military loot tables going to be different for the two parts of the island?

Well we're actually moving to "United Sahrani" where the North was already defeated and Russian support ended.

Right now the loot nor the vehicle tables are tuned specifically for the island. Other than having added loot spawn points for some of the buildings that are not enterable, or adjusting ones that did not sit right.

We are planning on doing so though.

Although the mods we do will be based on our story of Sahrani AFTER what has already happened in Arma I.

Eventually the far off islands will have entirely custom loot tables and it will be optional to make those the ONLY places high yield loot is spawned...

We have lots of plans for interesting twists on not only the loot tables but risks involved, and preperation required in order to even go into the areas that have higher value loot...

Sahrani certainly has the backstory available to do an entirely custom realistic spawn/vehicle table like that though.

A united Sahrani makes as much as sense as a divided one I guess, with the former being a lot easier to implement. So I agree on the decision you made there.

Having the outlying islands spawn the high quality loot makes for a nice kind of end-game driving force, compared for example to pre-1.7.5.1 Celle which lacked map movement dynamics.

On an unrelated note: am I correct that DayZ/ArmA 2: OA uses ArmA 2 weapon addons? Or did OA duplicate all ArmA 2 weapons into its own addons?

Operation Arrowhead is essentially an expansion to Arma 2. It has it's own addons AND uses all of the pre-existing Arma 2 addons.

Example would be the BAF offroad, PMC SUV, and L85 (I think) those were all added in OA... DayzSuperHive has a class object library that shows what is from which one, it's currently only broken up into A2 and OA but will be adding DayZ exclusive content shortly:

http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/object-library.html
"United Sahrani" is actually a "different" map. It's still Sahrani but there have been some changes to it.

This is because "Sahrani" was the map/story for A1 where the north and south were divided and warring. Then Bohemia relased an expansion pack "Queen's Gambit" which was after the war, and a new "United Sahrani" map was used.

The changes are not HUGE but they are noticable if you're used to "Sahrani" the north island is change the most.

We may at some point do a dif. vehicle spawn table to better reflect the decades of seperation though... although I think in game the civilian vehicles were pretty similar if not identical. The military stuff was mostly the same except for the use of RACS stuff in the south. We may end up using some of the RACS stuff but it needs some cleaning up.

Thanks for your answer about the addon structure.
Have you (the Sahrani team) made any decisions on using a costumizable weapons addon (for optics and other attachments) or not?

We are going to be focused on adding mechanics and features on the next releases. We really need more coders, artists, and modelers to get what we want done done.

We don't want to add mechanics via scripts addons to the mission file, we want to build them into the mod. We also do not want to use any peoples assets without their express consent so often times that means re-doing something from the ground up which in most cases ends up in a better final product anyway.

Weapon attachments/mods will eventually be a very big part of our mod.

We have plans to expand on the crafting system in the future allowing for the modification/combination of many of the existing items in game to make new items.

We are going to be focused on adding mechanics and features on the next releases. We really need more coders, artists, and modelers to get what we want done done.

We don't want to add mechanics via scripts addons to the mission file, we want to build them into the mod. We also do not want to use any peoples assets without their express consent so often times that means re-doing something from the ground up which in most cases ends up in a better final product anyway.

Weapon attachments/mods will eventually be a very big part of our mod.

We have plans to expand on the crafting system in the future allowing for the modification/combination of many of the existing items in game to make new items.
This all sounds great, but please read my PM... dont get me wrong, i think your plans are great. But this seems to become more and more unrealistic to be released. You say you dont have enough coders/designers and so on... but in the next lines i read that you plan this cool new feature for the release, and that new script for the next release. If you dont have enough menpower, you have to make goals that are realistic, and... you have to release something, even if its not yet what you wanted to release, you have to show something to attract coders. Look at Taviana/Origins, they started with just a simple Map-Mod, and now they have changed the hole gameplay of the mod. Origins was dead 3 weeks ago, then released 1.6 and BOOM 50% of all dayz players switched back to origins. Releasing an unfinished mod isnt so bad. For me: I would like to open a sahrani server and play a bit with the map, creating custom stuff and so on, but as closed as it is right now...

Well again for the public release we've had some issues. I will outline them more clearly in PM.

I'm not concerned with the fall off in interest or how big our plans are.... and frankly we all on the dev team had hoped to have a public release at this point. We should be buttoning up a release build this/next week.

We had been waiting for approval to do some things which we have gotten now, so we are all clear to move forward.

We have gotten some people interested in the project but I think it's not exactly high on their priorities for most... and for whatever reason I think people fear us profiting or something... which IMO is just rediculous. there is NO money to be made lol. This project/game has been nothing but a huge money drain since I started playing lol much less renting servers and buying equipment.

We really want this to be a re-worked mod from the ground up.

Believe me if you heard half the ideas that we are 100pct set on going forward with you'd say there is NO WAY we'd get our mod done... but I think we will, especially once it's public and people stop being all weird about it.

I mean several people have put up "un-authorized" servers and we don't really care... We've been in communication with one of them and were happy to offer advice.

Our main concern with public release was being able to clearly debug issues that arise from our drastic changes... and not waste time chasing our tails when someone has modded the mission file and created issues themselves... but we've realized now that wasn't going to happen properly even in the closed test we did so we'll release files publicly soon and then run some dev servers where we'll hopefully get a good group of tester together to test features.

Similar to what I said in the vehicle thread you made, any thoughts on adding custom gun packs like the one from Celle (The RH guns). lots of nice pistols and smgs that really spice up the gameplay with diversity in ammo, firing style, clip sizes, sounds and so on.

While I have not played this map myself, I've been told that it is something to check out because it looks promising... And the map design it self does appeal to me. My only concern has been the ability to retweak things to my liking - that's pretty much the ONLY reason I run Celle. The map itself is not so hot, but the freedom with the MAP EU, Gazelles, RH weps and a bunch of other things really makes it a worthwhile adventure in customization.

The only thing I ask is if you do release this through commander, that you really don't neglect those who wish to run your design but with a twist of their own in the form of buildings/loot tables and such. Graz was very considerate when he added the entire MAP EU editor files with Celle, made it awesome to be able to play around with ponds/roads/plants and unique buildings.

Back