[RELEASE] DayZ Taviana Epoch Traders

AVendettaForYou

ATTENTION: THIS IS NOW THE DEFAULT EPOCH TAVIANA TRADERS, FOR FUTURE UPDATES/CHANGES/ETC VISIT https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch FOR ANY CHANGES TO TAVIANA TRADERS.
I originally started this project by adding in a trader city, but the more I looked at the map, the more I became frustrated at how randomly the traders were placed (no offense to epoch devs). So I took it upon myself to redesign the trader areas from the ground up. After organizing, adding in some simplistic details, and making it more visually pleasing I have finished my new version of the Taviana traders.​
The first link includes more pictures as well as details as to what it adds, the second is the link to my github where you can find the install instructions.​
Please provide as much feedback as possible as this is an ongoing project that will likely see more changes.​
8700303_orig.png
659768_orig.png
1123727_orig.png
4960792_orig.png
1038964_orig.png

AV Dubovo aircraft dealer doesn't spawn the vehicle after you purchase it.

Krasno dealer works fine.

Added this today, and I have to say its extremely well made and a hell of a lot better than the default traders.

Did the marker move for the dubovo dealer with this fix? Trader is still at the south end of the runway but the marker is now north?

I could've swore I changed the coords for it in the .sqm when I pushed it to the github cause it's in the correct position on my server lol. Anyways, updated github mission.sqm to reflect the current coords.

I've added this to our server and people are loving it. Thanks for posting this and for the very clear instructions that even a noob like me can follow without mishap.

After talking to the vbawol, they are going to do away with their traders and use my custom traders in their server files now, waiting for my pull request to be approved and I will be updating their files to include my traders. I will be continuing to add and improve the cities, and I have a secret project I would like to work on, just need to talk to awol some more about it, but what I am wanting to do is create a small base like island between the two main islands that have vendors that only sell high value weapons/ammuntion/vehicles/etc, if you all are interested and awol approves please let me know and I will get to work on it.

I like the idea of the special trader base island, as long as it is far enough away that players would be safe from sniper fire from either island and the bridge.

A few users have asked if it is possible to make the trader zones free of zombies. I can do this with the killzombie.sqf around somewhere using the coords of each trader group but wondered if there was a cleaner way to do this or if you might be interested in adding that function to these traders.

Not sure if it is an issue with the script or my server but some people seem to have a real hard time accessing some of the traders around the map. Any ideas?

<snip snip>

I'll look into adding in the function to have it to where zombies are deleted if they spawn near or in the trader cities.

This has been a known issue with Epoch, the devs say just to zoom in to access the trader menus.

As mentioned on the Epoch forums, I had forgot to add in the death boards to the trader cities. I will be adding them in tomorrow.

Back