[Release] SQF to Biedi converter/importer

I asked a serious question.
so this was a question?.... ah... i see...
then i had completely false thoughts of you dear sir...

but now i see... you are just a little kid who doesnt know it better...
thats ok for me... you are welcome my friend... :p

If you took the time to put 1200 items in one custom map file, YOU have too much time.
definitely NOT... as i told you... im using this tool because i DONT have so much spare time to add about 1200 objects manually... :cool:

so this was a question?.... ah... i see...
then i had completely false thoughts of you dear sir...

but now i see... you are just a little kid who doesnt know it better...
thats ok for me... you are welcome my friend... :p

definitely NOT... as i told you... im using this tool because i DONT have so much spare time to add about 1200 objects manually... :cool:
Me asking a serious question about what people are using this tool for = me being a little kid? You're just flaming the thread man, quit wasting everyone's time. Here is the serious question that deserved an honest answer and not flaming or rudeness http://opendayz.net/threads/release-sqf-to-biedi-converter-importer.15424/#post-91044
Now the second part of what you said is hinting at an answer to my question. You say you use this tool to circumvent having to manually make your own map edits? This is what Im asking about, how does this tool help you to do this? Im not asking out of sarcasm, Im genuinely asking a question. You're acting superior because you have knowledge about a subject I do not , which is the entire point of this website. Opendayz.net is supposed to be an open forum for sharing knowledge. Had you originally just responded with "I use this tool so that I do not have to waste my time creating huge map edits." It would have then led to a constructive conversation. But no, you felt as though you had to be condescending and rude by making a snide remark
"so you want to tell me you recompile a 1200line sqf manually to a biedi file?
congratz... you must have too much spare time :cool:"
How was this constructive? What is the purpose of this statement other than to show your arrogance? The answer is, there was none. You are just arrogant and condescending. Everyone is beneath you because you know something they do not. I am a "little kid." You are now ignored and I will continue to run my successful dayz server. Thanks

ok so you might not read this because you are ignoring me now...
but first you wrote you searched for a long time and now found a solution with this tool... -> link
and then you say you have no idea what this really should be for...
sorry but this makes absolutely NO sense... :rolleyes:
except you have alzheimer or you did lose your short time memory... you seem to knew what this tool is for when you did your first post...

but hey... i dont need to understand everybodys thoughts ^^

so long...

ok so you might not read this because you are ignoring me now...
but first you wrote you searched for a long time and now found a solution with this tool... -> link
and then you say you have no idea what this really should be for...
sorry but this makes absolutely NO sense... :rolleyes:
except you have alzheimer or you did lose your short time memory... you seem to knew what this tool is for when you did your first post...

but hey... i dont need to understand everybodys thoughts ^^

so long...
No, I did not say I found a solution, I said I had been searching for a solution to that specific problem. I suggested, based on OP's response, that this was my solution. However, I was curious as to its other uses, hence my later question which asks "what do people really use this for?" Also, I don't fully understand its exact use other than to perhaps add to the map editor someone elses creation. And if this is all its good for, then that's all you had to say. The question wasn't in bad spirit, it was genuine curiosity.

so now once again we can see what misunderstanding can do...:D

so we could say we had a bad start... how about we forget our dispute and start over again?

and there is no other use than add or better say edit some sqf files someone made or also your own if you dont have the biedi files anymore...

its all water under the bridge man. sometimes I am a bit touchy and snap quite easily.

I admit, in the past I have created a new map edit in the editor and just placed randome objects down and saved the file. Then went into the beidi and painstakingly copy/pasted every single coordinate.

Just an FYI, the javascript is only at the limitations of your computer, not my server, which is why I wrote it in javascript. You see, Javascript runs client side-not server-side. What ever issue you have with 2000+ lines of data I cannot help you with. I will consider updating this in the near future since I have time on my hands to deal with units, centers, and other usual exports you see. As such, I will also be altering the regEx to hopefully get rid of the double line break requirement.

When I first found this great tool I was very happy and recreated some biedi so I could edit some of the billion of addons on my server. Some I did and some I did not.

Lately no matter what the size of the sqf I get the "working on file please wait" and it never does the files. Reading in this thread it could be my computer issue? I have several computers so will see if one of the others will work.

Thanks for you hard work on this and its a lifesaver when it does work.

PS. My two cents on the little flame rounds on this thread......

Many of us are novice and completely stupid to what the scripts actually do. Many of us just follow tutorials written by those smarter then us and copy/paste. Many of us ask dumb questions BUT

thats how we all learn more and improve Opendayz and other sites that share info.

When someone reads a post about a question that they feel is stupid/dumb or beneath their intelligence then if they can't answer without sarcasm maybe they just skip that question.

Sometimes I have posted questions that lie fallow for months or longer and never get a reply so I remain uninformed and stupid.

Some on these threads will just bend over backwards to help newbies and less informed people and explain some of the workings to help them improve their servers.

One thing I noticed is many tutorials leave out steps assuming the reader will just fill in the blanks. That doesn't work on us copy paste freaks. Better served each step and maybe example.

And now for my flame: If you put bad music into a video tutorial with print so small its blurred with speed of light flicking around the screen and call it teaching. Maybe you should consider another job/hobby then making those disgusting wastes of space :)

Gramps (thats right I'm old)

Man this tool is sweet. I lost all my biedi files a while back and have been heartbroken I can't easily edit things. I've managed to get 17/19 of my bases to convert... the one with only 2 items and the one with the most items it stops on the first item.

Any idea why this wont convert?

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_A_GeneralStore_01", [13062.828, 3825.6414, 0.34161228], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_1 = _this;
_this setDir -32.551853;
_this setPos [13062.828, 3825.6414, 0.34161228];
};
_vehicle_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_Hangar_2", [13013.877, 3793.1804, 3.8146973e-006], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_2 = _this;
_this setDir -33.153507;
_this setPos [13013.877, 3793.1804, 3.8146973e-006];
};

It only outputs:

class _vehicle_1
{
objectType="vehicle";
class Arguments
{
POSITION="[13062.828, 3825.6414, 0.34161228]";
TYPE="Land_A_GeneralStore_01";
AZIMUT="-32.551853";
PARENT="";
};
};

Yet I can do both individually and they output fine. It does also say Working on your file, please wait. on most everything yet I have no groups/units in any of my files (most have worked). Obviously two buildings = no big deal but the other file is going to be a major chore if I can't convert using this tool.

For a long time I wanted to add buildings to my Epoch server for my players to inhabit, but I worried about adding buildings on top of buildings, on top of more buildings. So, I built this. Using this ensures that if any 'new' building sqf's are released that I can see if they overwrite any existing buildings before I add them.

I realize this tool isn't for everyone, but I'm quite proud of it so why not see if someone else can get use out of it. Watch the video to see how to use it, and of course it's a plus that you don't have to 'download' an exe or other file, it's web only. You're free to rip this html, distribute it, etc... just don't sell it, that's just stupid.

Video Tut:

Link to Tool:
http://plugish.com/x.html

All I ask is that you link to my site if you decide to rip the html.

Noob question here. i would just use the sqf for a multiplayer server right? like a private server that hosts for up to 10 people.

hey

im trying to download the files but the Link isn't working for me, I could really do with the converter, any help.

cheers all

Lee

Last edited:
I get working on your file... forever and don't understand why... nevermind... found that if your .sqf file has "_this setDir" it doesn't know what to do with it... removing all lines of setDir from my file let it work

Is there a way to get this working WITH setDir also? removing setDir and then putting it back is almost as much work as just fixing the 12k line files myself... lol

@Meowzors
When I put in this:
_vehicle_15 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["WarfareBAirport", [6343.8579, 14557.368, -1.1444092e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_15 = _this;
_this setDir -48.409435;
_this setPos [6343.8579, 14557.368, -1.1444092e-005];
};

I get this:
class _vehicle_4
{
objectType="vehicle";
class Arguments
{
POSITION="[6343.8579, 14557.368, -1.1444092e-005]";
TYPE="WarfareBAirport";
AZIMUT="-48.409435";
PARENT="";
};
};

Take note of "AZIMUT" that's the direction. So if your objects have a direction applied, it should work. Not sure why you removed it or why it error'd out.

thankz again for this great tool. I used it yet again today..
I had downloaded a camp alpha-zeta with teleporting bunker map addition
the problem was It was right in a players base so I used this tool converted the sqf to biedi moved the bunker abit and reuploaded to server and all is good.
I also added a few roadblocks to bake it not so easy to get too.

Thanks for this tool! It has helped me a lot! Really thankful you released this as I would not have had access to my old map customisations had I not been able to use this fantastic tool.

The only issue I have noticed while using it, though, is that it does not carry over any of the Vehicle Init parameters though... "this setvectorup [0,0,1]" for example will not be carried over at all.

Small issue though in comparison to how much this tool has helped me.

Back