[REQUEST] A script that fakes the number of players online.

viluwu

Ive been searching all over and i really want this. I have alot of trouble getting players to join my server, i have none, it is ALWAYS completely empty.I have advertised all over and got banned from 20+ servers nothing has worked so far. So it would be good if could like set the online players to make it show that there is 20 players online for example, then people would join because they would think there was some pvp, team possibilities etc.
I know this isnt a nice way to get players, but there is simply no other way.

Please make it happen somebody :)

There is:
just script a good server and players who joins then will see it and promote it for you.
joining servers and promote them there is by the way never a good idea ;p

prob is: no one joins, ive been on a whole day without anyone joining. and people say they dont want to join unless its already populated.

sure i can, but i won't. Since this is some kind of cheating and i do not cheat or support it in any way :)

I think what viluwu is suggesting is that you make your server more attractive by adding popular scripts or original ones that enhance the gameplay and make your server uniquely enjoyable to players, not add any scripts that would help players cheat. If your server is bone-stock vanilla, it would need to have outrageously good performance to be able to keep new players. The server title should mention either the scripts or the performance to make it attractive in a server browser, unless it has one really amazing name.

You mention that you don't like cheating, yet your original request seems like the server owner's version of cheating... you're wanting to deceive players into thinking they are joining a server with more players in it than is actually the case. That is cheating in my opinion.

I think what viluwu is suggesting is that you make your server more attractive by adding popular scripts or original ones that enhance the gameplay and make your server uniquely enjoyable to players, not add any scripts that would help players cheat. If your server is bone-stock vanilla, it would need to have outrageously good performance to be able to keep new players. The server title should mention either the scripts or the performance to make it attractive in a server browser, unless it has one really amazing name.

You mention that you don't like cheating, yet your original request seems like the server owner's version of cheating... you're wanting to deceive players into thinking they are joining a server with more players in it than is actually the case. That is cheating in my opinion.

I think you switched me and SchwEde around ;)
And i was asking for scripts that would help get players such as self bb etc. That was why i wrote "Well, can you maybe write some "essential" scripts? you seem experienced..." and ScwEde said he thought that was cheating. I dont think so. I know that the fake player count thing is cheating, but i dont really care.

But id like to just make a list of the scripts i already have:
Self bb
Safezones
Deploy bike, mozzie, dirtbike
Servicepoint (refuel, rearm, repair)
Lots of custom buildings (bridge, custom trader citys etc.)

And im working on Tow/Lift.

As i said, the problem is not making people stay, its making them click "join server". I could with ease makw them stay. Ive had a server before with 15+ players every day (thats fine for me) and i did the exact same thing, only the server didnt even have self bb. The way it happened was just like you guys are saying "some people joined and then they promoted and so on". That isnt happening this time.

The scripts are already in the server name.

to be honest:
Your server is like 98% of the other Servers. You dont have anything special which you cannot find on other servers. If you looked around a bit you could easily find a really nice Script Pack which has all Scripts you like and players love. With that its alot easier to give players something to stay on your server.

Good luck anyway

I have ran and scripted several servers, and actually on my epoch chernarus.. i added in the ALIENZ mod ON EPOCH. i was able to merge and make my server UNLIKE any other.. but doing this there are exceptions, people had to have the files or else invisible shit would kill them.. but once you have a great set of guys playing.. all you need to do is treat them fair.. be a good host, not one that just goes around killing them.. play without your god like with them let them see you are there to just have a great time.
its all about respect.. if you want i will be willin to help you with your server, i have worked on plenty here.. and going to other servers and promoting yours is an AUTO-BAN by my book.. you should make friends first and talk to the server admin on the servers you like and see if they would like to help you, but in most cases they wont becuase then you would be taking thier players.. but there are admins out there always willing to help.... im writing alot but if you need help i can try my best.. my gaming pc is still in FLorida and i have just moved to New york and am using a shitty laptop, just giving you a heads up.. take care..

Well id like to know how i unban vehicles from infistar/BE and how to add stuff to the spawnlist. Can i add you on skype? Or would you rather join my TS? :)

Back