Sarge AI and version 1.8

Bump... the AI are critical to my server and id really love to get my server up to version 1.8, but not without SARGE's AI!!

Nothing is broken. It works just fine on 1.8. If only I could figure out how to disable Heli patrols ><

its very easy lobo. Im not in front of my personal computer right now so I forget exact names, but when you open up the SARGE file in your missions folder there is a world map sqf. I'll edit this with the actual names when I get home but when you go in this file it shows you how to set however many of whatever type of AI you want in certain preset locations, and you could also add locations here as well. At the bottom, it says something about heli patrols and then lists a bunch of lines of code describing where these patrols are taking place. If you put // in front of everyone one of those lines there will be no heli patrols. Then, go into your config (if you want) and turn off the AI stealing your vehicles, or else they will steal your helicopters and cars when you leave them unattended for a couple of minutes.

what's broken ? Any details ?

false alarm Sarge, thanks for your comment though. I was given some bad information and was told that it no longer worked. I messaged you on your profile because I wasn't sure if you would spot this, but its redundant. Thanks for your time everybody.

I used to install SARGE by adding the add ons folder with the SARGE files then manipulating the init.sqf to add the code.

I finially updated my server to 1.8 and i opened up my mission PBO and my init file was pracically bare. only 15 lines of code. where are yall going to manipulate your files to get the AI to work?

EDIT!!!

i listed below how to get AI to wotk again....sorta. my Chopper Patrols disappeared

I got AI to work, I just dont know what happened to my Chopper Patrols.
I went into my Arma OA folder\@DayZ\Addons and extracted Dayz_code PBO on to my desktop. From there I went into system\mission and copied the 3 files there on my desktop.
description.ext
init.sqf
mission.sqm

I then went to my DayZ.ST control panel and extracted the Mission PBO and Server PBO. I put them in a folder on my desktop called Patch 1.8 PBOs.
I extracted my mission PBO in that folder. you'll see the new description.sqf/init.sqf and mission.sqm files.
we'll start with your mission PBO's description file, open it up with notepad or notepad ++
at the bottom you'll see a line of code

Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.ext"

replace that with

Code:
#include "description2.ext"

Now go into your missions PBO and open the init.sqf file

look for this line

Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf"

replace it with

Code:
#include "init2.sqf"

Now go back and open the Mission.sqm file in your mission PBO and look for this line

Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\mission.sqm"

replace that only bit of code with

Code:
#include "mission2.sqm"

Now the three files of the same name that you have on your desktop that you extracted from the dayz_code PBO within the @DayZ folder, rename them each respectively with a 2 after.
e.i.
description2.ext
init2.sqf
mission2.sqf
copy them and put them in your Mission PBO along with the new description/init/mission files.

should look like this in your mission PBO

description.ext
description2.ext
init.sqf
init2.sqf
mission.sqm
mission2.sqm

Not every bit of script works the same as in 1.7.7.1 but a lot do. manipulate the files just like before but change the code in the second set of files, the ones with the #2 at the end of the name.

i.e. open the init2.sqf and insert the 3 lines of code from SARGE AI at the bottom of that file.

The Mission will call the editable version instead of the directory one.

I cant take credit for this. got the info from Dienark7 over at Dayzmod forums.

Code:
if (dayz_REsec == 1) then {
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
};

Would I call the addon after REsec.sqf and before the }; or all the way after this section here?

For the record in case anyone is wondering the same thing.. you call below the };

oh, if you notice on mine. my debug monitor code is on line 109 in my init2.sqf not after

Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
};

gonna give it a shot.. do you think it matters that I converted my description2.sqf back in to .ext format? I added. ext at the end to change it back.. maybe that matters?

gonna give it a shot.. do you think it matters that I converted my description2.sqf back in to .ext format? I added. ext at the end to change it back.. maybe that matters?

Getting kicked for battleye restriction #90
any ideas on how to fix? Im looking at line 90 on the scripts.txt but it isn't a full line of code it says

line 90 - 5 antiAggro_zeds
91- 5 zeus_star
92 - 5 Metallica

Sorry but I must be blind, I've looked over my init.sqf, your init, your init2 the sarge_ai_init, and I can not find #include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf". no go :(

Sorry but I must be blind, I've looked over my init.sqf, your init, your init2 the sarge_ai_init, and I can not find #include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf". no go :(

Its in the new 1.8 init.sqf, the one that has been completely gutted, its at the very bottom. I use the init.sqf/init2.sqf method instead of merging so Im not sure where it falls in a merge file, but in my regular init.sqf its line 16

Code:
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//Server Settings
dayZ_instance = 8178; // The instance
//dayZ_serverName = "UK1337"; // Servername (country code + server number)
dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

//Game Settings
dayz_spawnselection = 0; // DayZ Spawnselection / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled, No current spawn limits.
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 0;    // Helicrash Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base

#include "init2.sqf"  <------- THIS

obviously don't include <------THIS its just showing you where to look

you actually dont need the init2 anymore. if you grab the new mission PBO from the default PBO in your server control panel you'll see that its a new complete init.sqf. just manipulate that one.

basically download the default Mission PBO. unpack it, take that init.sqf and put it in your mission PBO. delete the init2.sqf. (of course manipulate the file to fit your scripts)

I havent checked lately so im not sure if the description and mission are new too. if so you can stop using the 2 versions if they are complete files.

Johnny are you using Vilayers ACP control panel? Im not sure where I can download default PBO's from on my control panel.

Thanks. Yea I don't believe I have anywhere to download default PBO's from. The only PBO's I can access are my own , already edited, ones so far as I know.

edit- is there any benefit to merging the file, other than for organizational purposes?

Johnny are you using Vilayers ACP control panel? Im not sure where I can download default PBO's from on my control panel.

I use DayZ.ST servers. but i thnk Vilayer is easier to use because you dont have to unpack. look to see in your control panel if you have some kind of restore. same your mission files somewhere on your desktop before you do so.

Back