_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [1200, 1200];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison = _this;

Code:
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison,3] call SAR_AI_heli;

Your createMarker is slighlty different to the SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison line, Try this :)

Code:
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_prison", [3500, 7860]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
Code:

Does anyone have a scripts.txt and mphandler.txt that doesn't kick players that they would like to share? It's getting really tedious waiting for someone to be killed to see what the next kick will be for, then having to go into the file and modify it.

As I have seen it in the chernarus file for the heli patrols this little difference has to be.
The name you set when you place the marker has to match the name you call in the heli script, check the examples and you will see they all match.
pris and prison are not the same

i know this is a really stupid question but the preconfigured heli patrols in chernarus, does a heli spawn with the patrol? i dont have battleye on so i don't think it can be script related, but i can't see any sign of it. would it still be getting blown up by server_cleanup with no battleye?

i know this is a really stupid question but the preconfigured heli patrols in chernarus, does a heli spawn with the patrol? i dont have battleye on so i don't think it can be script related, but i can't see any sign of it. would it still be getting blown up by server_cleanup with no battleye?
The default script includes pre-made heli patrols, so yes they will spawn after you setup the files.
Have a look in your RPT for the following :
Code:
"SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
Or search for " Killed a Hacker"
The fsm will be killing the heli patrols if the edit wasn't done correctly, If the spawn or get killed it will be logged in the RPT
Post it here and i'll have a read through :)

are the static patrols (heli and land) started as soon as the server starts, or are they still triggered only if someone is near? my server just crashed so i restarted it, but will i need to jump in myself to kick anything in?
had a look through the rpt, no mention of hacker or the static spawning

using the default chernarus grid Sarge
If you are using the default chernarus grid (6x6) then your config file is wrong. you specify area properties in there that do not exist at all.

I recommend to a) adjust the grid so it fts Panthera (send me a screenshot please of the final grid), then adjust the grid square definition.

Sarge

tried your new config file.
Still get this:

Code:
9:01:38 "----------------------------------------"
9:01:38 "Starting SAR_AI server init"
9:01:38 "----------------------------------------"
9:01:38 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition Started"
9:01:38 "Setting up SAR_AI for : lingor"
9:01:38 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition finalized"
9:01:38 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
9:01:39 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
9:01:39 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.lingor\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 115
9:01:39 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_pris"
9:01:39 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man3heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
9:01:39 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.lingor\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 122
9:01:39 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"
9:01:39 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry patrols finished"

This is my config for the patrol:

Code:
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_pris", [3500, 7860]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;

Code:

My Friends told me, Heli is there and is shooting. So it work, but still that message.

Lets ignore it for the moment, if the helis work, it's fine.

Your createMarker is slighlty different to the SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison line, Try this :)

Code:
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_prison", [3500, 7860]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
Code:

CFG File by Wyger is correct. Name of the marker is not used, the objectname is (SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison).

Ah, Richie, my apologies, it is doing the cleanup of a hacker, I just saw (after server restart I logged in and a downed chopper was a few hundred meters in front of me :p

are the static patrols (heli and land) started as soon as the server starts, or are they still triggered only if someone is near? my server just crashed so i restarted it, but will i need to jump in myself to kick anything in?
had a look through the rpt, no mention of hacker or the static spawning

Dayz doesnt start the final server initialization until at least one player is online. So if you only start the server, AI helis will not spawn. As soon as the first player logs in, they spawn automatically, regardless if you are in the area or not.

Hey fellas. I've tried ever since public release to get this to work. I've tried everything that I can to get it running, for it is EXACTLY what I'm looking for for my server, but, no luck. I've followed the instructions, step by step, and I cannot get anything to spawn at all. I use DayzPriv server, so there isn't really any "packing/unpacking" so to speak, as it is all open with FTP and it's pretty much just shutdown server/drag/drop/save/start server. Works fine for vehicles and buildings, but I cannot get it to read this addon properly. I've googled, researched, tried everything that I know, but I think I'm overlooking something. If anyone could give me some insight into maybe how to work this out, I would greatly appreciate it. I might not be the "sharpest knife in the drawer", but I understand the basics of packing/unpacking .pbos (which the only .pbo on my server is the dayz_server.pbo, not the mission file itself). I've tried clean mission files/folders and such, disabling Battleye to test as per Sarge's instructions, and to no avail. If anyone could help, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Hey fellas. I've tried ever since public release to get this to work. I've tried everything that I can to get it running, for it is EXACTLY what I'm looking for for my server, but, no luck. I've followed the instructions, step by step, and I cannot get anything to spawn at all. I use DayzPriv server, so there isn't really any "packing/unpacking" so to speak, as it is all open with FTP and it's pretty much just shutdown server/drag/drop/save/start server. Works fine for vehicles and buildings, but I cannot get it to read this addon properly. I've googled, researched, tried everything that I know, but I think I'm overlooking something. If anyone could give me some insight into maybe how to work this out, I would greatly appreciate it. I might not be the "sharpest knife in the drawer", but I understand the basics of packing/unpacking .pbos (which the only .pbo on my server is the dayz_server.pbo, not the mission file itself). I've tried clean mission files/folders and such, disabling Battleye to test as per Sarge's instructions, and to no avail. If anyone could help, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance!

There MUST be a mission.pbo file on your server. Dayz wouldnt run without it. Which server package do you use ? Pwnz0rs ? What's the content of the dayz_server.pbo ? can you post that one ?

I use DayzPriv.com. I got sick of Dayz.st. Attached is the ONLY .pbo file you will find anywhere on my server, as it's all FTP based. One, it's a lot easier than packing/unpacking through Dayz.st and two...their service is better anyway. That said, with DayzPriv.com, it's all just drag/drop/save. I've attached the server.pbo as per your request.

They are using Crosires DayZcc package.

you will find the mission files in a folder called mpmissions, in there there are several directories and pbos. dayz1.chernarus is the folder my mission files are in for chernarus, you will need to check yours.

In the worst case, they do not give you access to these folders - then you will not be able to run any custom mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back