SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the changes. Still not getting ANY spawns what soever. I'm a bit newer to this DayZ Server troulbeshooting game. Added RPT, not sure what i'm looking for.

"5:36:37 Server: Object 3:370 not found (message 91)"
5:36:37 Server: Object 3:367 not found (message 98)
5:36:37 Server: Object 3:371 not found (message 99)

maybe this?

Checked your rpt, seems your map doesnt get found. I can see you are on Panthera, are there 2 Panthera maps ?

I only check for a worldname thet is = panthera2, so if your Panthera version returns just panthera, thats where the issue is.

Can you try adjusting your startup parameters to include -world=panthera2 ?

Not sure if that helps, not running Panthera here.

Sarge

SAR_dynamic_spawning = false;

If i turn this to false, it will use the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf file to spawn AI's , right?

It was on yesterday, and I was spotting AI's in area's I don't them to be in.
Only want to use the ones i defined.

thats really weird. did you turn debug on and check your rpt? can you post the snippets of your grp_cfg file where you defineyour areas and the associated groups?

AI Bandits and Survivors working as intended, great stuff. Thanks!
The only trouble I'm having is, Soldier AI doesn't seem to fire back when fired upon or fire on Zeds or Bandits. We shot down a Soldier heli tonight and when the Soldiers came out of the heli they just took the fire without shooting back. I have also not seen a static Soldier group spawns on the ground at all and not sure why this is. Any pointers to why this is or what it could be?

Did you try to setup a static soldier group somewhere and check if they get spawned ? Do this first, if they dontspawn (which would be very weird, given they are on the same side as the survivors), set the debugs on and check the rpt.

Checked your rpt, seems your map doesnt get found. I can see you are on Panthera, are there 2 Panthera maps ?

I only check for a worldname thet is = panthera2, so if your Panthera version returns just panthera, thats where the issue is.

Can you try adjusting your startup parameters to include -world=panthera2 ?

Not sure if that helps, not running Panthera here.

Sarge
Thats so strange. I had them spawning just fine then all i did was update your addons folder and boom all gone. Where would the -world=panthera2 need to be?

his is all i found for my map:

addOns[]=
{
"ibr_panthera2",

class Intel
{
briefingName="DayZ Panthera";
briefingDescription="DayZ";

if you REALLY only updated to 1.1.0, and they worked before, then it's a different issue.

As i recommended above - start by switching debug levels on and see what happens, thats why i implemented them .-)

if you REALLY only updated to 1.1.0, and they worked before, then it's a different issue.

As i recommended above - start by switching debug levels on and see what happens, thats why i implemented them .-)

I've had the debug levels on this whole time. I went back to my old addons and they are spawning again. So i think i'll just stick here and then work to make the spawns work the way i intend. For some reason i'm not spawning my static groups. Its only spawning the dynamic. More details to come...

I completely disabeled dynamic spawns. ONLY after i did that did my static spawns show up. The only thing i can think of is if there is a limit to the AI in a given grid. IF there was it would have had to be less than 50.

I've had the debug levels on this whole time. I went back to my old addons and they are spawning again. So i think i'll just stick here and then work to make the spawns work the way i intend. For some reason i'm not spawning my static groups. Its only spawning the dynamic. More details to come...

I completely disabeled dynamic spawns. ONLY after i did that did my static spawns show up. The only thing i can think of is if there is a limit to the AI in a given grid. IF there was it would have had to be less than 50.

Theres a hardcoded Arma limit of 144 groups/side ... did you run into that ?

im lost -_- been at it for a few hours how would i put a few soilders to hang out in my base to protect it from bandits? my base is off the map alittle please help

Hows NPC inventory works? Does NPC spawned with lee enfield automaticly have some lee enfield ammo in his pocket? Or does it adjusted by weapon type he got automaticly?
And is there a way for increasing time for killed AI bodies until they get deleted ?
In which files i can change that? Where exacly? Thanks :)

It's pretty staright forward.

You need the coordinates of your base, with these you define an area in the xxxxx_cfg_grps.sqf (whatever map you are using), then you read a bit in that config file, because there's LOTS of documenation in there :), and then you setup a soldier group in your area to protect it.

Hows NPC inventory works? Does NPC spawned with lee enfield automaticly have some lee enfield ammo in his pocket? Or does it adjusted by weapon type he got automaticly?
And is there a way for increasing time for killed AI bodies until they get deleted ?
In which files i can change that? Where exacly? Thanks :)

Do me a favour please ... it took me weeks, not hours, to program this.

Would you be so kind and invest minutes of your time to read the documentation and check the relevant files (SAR_config.sqf, e.g.).

Thx, Sarge

so with Lets take an example:

// Kamenka, 0 bandit groups, 3 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,3,0],[0,100,0],[0,3,0]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

my base cords i want them are (065011) how would i do this?

am i in the right place?

nope you are not. Thats the definition for the dynamic spawns.

scroll down a bit til you see the area definitions, and the static spawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back