SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using all default code (just did a refresh) I only have dynamic spawns enabled, but anytime a player goes near or tries to loot the AI leader, it crashes Arma. any idea why?
RPT extract of the crash ? client or server is crashing ? If client -> client rpt extract, if server -> server rpt extract please.

FuzeCraft,

If you set a rule to 1 only it just logs but does not kick so

1 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\"," would log whenever a player did this but not kick

4 kicks the player if the line is detected so

4 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\"," would just kick the player and not send any msg to the log

By adding the 1 + 4 you get 5 so the line

5 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\","

Both kicks the user and logs the occurrence

If you want to turn a rule "off" you have two options you can change the 5 to a 1 which means people will never get kicked for it or you can put an exception for the specific command or script you intend to run, so if my Ammobuster.sqf script uses the addAmmo command inside it. And I want BE to ignore it

5 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\"," !"Scripts\Ammobuster.sqf"

This tells BE to not include, which is what a ! means in code, the file "scripts\ammobuster.sqf" in detection, so I can run addAmmo in that script.

FuzeCraft,

If you set a rule to 1 only it just logs but does not kick so

1 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\"," would log whenever a player did this but not kick

4 kicks the player if the line is detected so

4 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\"," would just kick the player and not send any msg to the log

By adding the 1 + 4 you get 5 so the line

5 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\","

Both kicks the user and logs the occurrence

If you want to turn a rule "off" you have two options you can change the 5 to a 1 which means people will never get kicked for it or you can put an exception for the specific command or script you intend to run, so if my Ammobuster.sqf script uses the addAmmo command inside it. And I want BE to ignore it

5 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\"," !"Scripts\Ammobuster.sqf"

This tells BE to not include, which is what a ! means in code, the file "scripts\ammobuster.sqf" in detection, so I can run addAmmo in that script.

Thx Morox, funny though this is exactly what i explained in my post as well ...

Hiyas Sarge,
Fantastic work on the ai have been using since beginnings. Have noticed an odd behavior tho i left the map grid by some sniper towers west of zeleno. There had been five groups up in grid, i took out one of them and was going afk so left grid layout. I watched until i saw the 4 groups left in grid disappear then went off for short bit. I come back and there was one group in the grid that had respawned when i wasnt expecting any to respawn as i was totally out of grid work. However is just minor inconvenience, havin a hoot still :) Thx for the extra fun in low pop server. Using current version

Hiyas Sarge,
Fantastic work on the ai have been using since beginnings. Have noticed an odd behavior tho i left the map grid by some sniper towers west of zeleno. There had been five groups up in grid, i took out one of them and was going afk so left grid layout. I watched until i saw the 4 groups left in grid disappear then went off for short bit. I come back and there was one group in the grid that had respawned when i wasnt expecting any to respawn as i was totally out of grid work. However is just minor inconvenience, havin a hoot still :) Thx for the extra fun in low pop server. Using current version

Will have a look at that. so the grp that you killed respawned after you left the grid, and the other 4 got deleted when you left. Might have found a bug here.

cheers, Sarge

Yup, thats exactly what happened they currently seem to be going after southern heli patrol as they left grid they are in.

Went back into grid and original amount set spawned in and the left over remained so currently have one extra bandit unit in grid.
Still havin a Hoot, Blut

So how does this work? On my server on the map I can see where they are all going, in turns of waypoints and the like. Way to disable this? Realityhive.

How do they respawn? They respawn even if dynamic respawning is set to false in the config? killed three bandit squads and they have not respawned, it's been quite a while.

Any way to disable the heli's part of this mod if I choose?

Any way to up the spawn amount in terms of groups?

What purpose does the radio serve for the AI?

Do they fix vehicles?

Open your scrips.txt file find the line thats the restriction and see what it is about. I believe you want to look at line 79 because it uses the restriction+1 line at top of the page open it up and see what it is.
It's line 82 ...

So how does this work? On my server on the map I can see where they are all going, in turns of waypoints and the like. Way to disable this? Realityhive.

How do they respawn? They respawn even if dynamic respawning is set to false in the config? killed three bandit squads and they have not respawned, it's been quite a while.

Any way to disable the heli's part of this mod if I choose?

Any way to up the spawn amount in terms of groups?

What purpose does the radio serve for the AI?

Do they fix vehicles?

RTFM.

Radio is for them to share targets, and they don't fix vehicles.

Hey guys , ive just set up my ai and they are working great on testing but when i enable battle eye i get kicked for script restriction #8 . Ive followed the installation tutorial and also checked out how to edit battleye scripts.txt . Any help would be much apprectiated.

RPT extract of the crash ? client or server is crashing ? If client -> client rpt extract, if server -> server rpt extract please.

I am also having this problem, client crashes when trying to loot AI leader

Here is my rpt file (the error anyway, I also noted 66000 odd lines of errors from my zombieAttack sqf that I'll have to fix, I dont think its related however)

http://pastebin.com/tVrvXYbD

Hey Sarge - just wanted to say fantastic work! I've got this all up and running. The only issue I had was how I was repacking my server pbo.

Instructions are very clear and make alot of sense. I love to see that you are adding even more functions and would like to throw a couple into the mix:

- additional class "medic/sidearm" - this AI would only carry a sidearm but allows the transfusion function (simply for variability)

- split the loadouts based on type (i.e. survivor class character loadouts differ from military vs bandits) - this way you could configure military to have the good gear. It would be nice to limit survivors to the lower end weapons, while having the military with the higher value weapons.

- I understand that arma only has west/east/resistance factions - was wondering if it is possible to dynamically scale hostility based on humanity score ranges (i.e. bandits don't attack other bandits - military don't shoot heros and the survivor class is a bit of a wild card). This allows players to align with a faction so to speak.

- I saw on another thread about the ability to user control ai - and am interested in combining it with the humanity score idea from above. For example a "super hero player" +10,000 humanity could command a survivor squad, -10,000 a bandit squad.

- whitelisting - I've see it already mentioned and would be interested in allowing userid/name combos to make AI friendly (primarily for admin use).

Again - these are just "wish list" ideas and I love the mod how it is!!!

Keep up the awesome work!

Sarge, I have AI spawning in parts the map that they should not be. Could this be caused by the air patrols crashing or being shot at? Only have the air patrols enabled but finding AI bandits on foot as far south as you can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back