SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since installing this script, you see your own position on the map, and you see things like zombies and AI when in your field of view, on the map. How can I get rid of this? I don't want my players to be able to look at the map and figure out where the AI's are at.

Also, I have players claiming that sometimes bandit AI are wearing survivor skins. This comes from someone on my server that is a hero. He says he was next to a survivor AI and suddenly the survivor AI shot him. I tried telling him that the AI was probably shooting at another unit, but he insists that there's bandits in survivor skins.

Hi guys im getting problems with this mod i have Sarge's latest version, but its causing players to spawn in debug after death and players can get in vehicles with each other, no option when some one else is in? other than that i also cant seem to get static ai to spawn. but this ai framework is very good :)

And a feature with bot shooting everyone but not the admins (people on a list or their Guid or something like that) whould be cool because on my server i got a place where only admins or special charecters are allowed to be. so i could make the NPC's guard the Place...

Question(s):

#1 When will you update or could you help me fix that some people can't get in a Vehicle together

Hi guys im getting problems with this mod i have Sarge's latest version, but its causing players to spawn in debug after death and players can get in vehicles with each other, no option when some one else is in? other than that i also cant seem to get static ai to spawn. but this ai framework is very good :)

Spawning in debug = well known Dayz bug.

Vehicle issue = known Arma issue, fixed in my next release.

cheers, Sarge

Since installing this script, you see your own position on the map, and you see things like zombies and AI when in your field of view, on the map. How can I get rid of this? I don't want my players to be able to look at the map and figure out where the AI's are at.

Also, I have players claiming that sometimes bandit AI are wearing survivor skins. This comes from someone on my server that is a hero. He says he was next to a survivor AI and suddenly the survivor AI shot him. I tried telling him that the AI was probably shooting at another unit, but he insists that there's bandits in survivor skins.

What difficulty is your server running under?

Screenshot of the map ? looks like you need to read the FAQ, the issue is stated there.

Bandit AI - soldier skins - configure to your liking in SAR_config.sqf.

cheer, Sarge

Spawning in debug = well known Dayz bug.

Vehicle issue = known Arma issue, fixed in my next release.

cheers, Sarge

Thanks I have sorted the Debug spawning wasn't your mod causing it, and Cant wait for the new version, also with your latest version, how can i set static / "all ways there ai"? i have look at previous peoples post on static spawns but it doesn't seem to correspond to your lastest version, i have attached what i have done don't think it works though.

Cheers, Lemon

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grid_chernarus.sqf
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
  • SAR_AI_init.sqf
    8.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks I have sorted the Debug spawning wasn't your mod causing it, and Cant wait for the new version, also with your latest version, how can i set static / "all ways there ai"? i have look at previous peoples post on static spawns but it doesn't seem to correspond to your lastest version, i have attached what i have done don't think it works though.

Cheers, Lemon
Hi Lemon,

do NOT add / edit anything in SAR_AI_init.sqf please.

Static spawns are defined in the cfg_grps (not grid, like you posted) file in the config folder.

Check the file for chernarus, theres examples.

In general to get static spawns you do:

a) define the area where you want them to spawn, like:

Code:
// area near skaly road - this is a comment
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh", [1951.4304, 11905.569]]; // define a name for your area and the center coordinates
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE"; //if your area is a rectangle or an ellipse
_this setMarkeralpha 1; // not needed, you can skip this. if you leave it in, and KRON_UPS_DEBUG is set to 1, the first person logging in will see the area as a marker on the map
_this setMarkerType "Flag"; // needed, do not change
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid"; //not needed, you can skip this
_this setMarkerSize [100, 1000]; // the x- and y-axis size of the area if rectangle, or the x- and y-radius if ellipse.
_this setMarkerDir -19.085985; //the angle that your area is rotated
SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh = _this; // IMPORTANT, set this to the same name as above. do NOT use a name like SAR_area_, these are reserved.

Then, further down in the file, you can spawn your static AI with:

Code:
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,1,0,6,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;

This will spawn a new static military group with 0 snipers and 6 riflmen in the above area, they will respawn when the whole group is killed, and they will patrol (= travel random waypoints) that area.

cheers, Sarge

Seen something kinda simular. Was sniping NWAF, where i saw a survivor and a bandit walking together ^^ It was a survivor skin though, not a hero walking with the bandit...

Seen something kinda simular. Was sniping NWAF, where i saw a survivor and a bandit walking together ^^ It was a survivor skin though, not a hero walking with the bandit...

see above. The skins th AI wears can be configured. My initial release had bandit skins only for bandit AI. i changed that, cause in Dayz with real players you are actually not sure if a survivor is a bandit or not ...

So be careful .-), or reconfigure your skins.

Sarge

Make sure they are close to a building if you use fortify.

Do they need to be near buildings that are part of the map or will they be okay near buildings that are in the sqm/db?

I've asked you this before but you said its a surprise, I still haven't gotten around to it... But what's ambush like?!

I have only just uploaded the script to my server what other issues can I expect to see also, can someone link me to a tut where it tells you how to add ais and shit.

My tut here

You know whats thats such a coincidence, because I just watched that tut, and I've done everything fine. Tiger, check my server? If you come on you'll see that when you press map there no grid references, or the dots which show the location of the AIs? Help!

IP 146.185.31.106:3017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back