Script to remove crashed viehcle wrecks, or remove smoke from them

Gorsy

Valued Member!
Ok so as anyone who runs a viehcle heavy server knows, once you reach towards the end of a 3 hour restart, there is some intense lag from all the blown up viehcles

I know there is a script out there, that will clear the smoke from destroyed helicopters,planes etc. every so often say every 30 minutes. This used to reduce our lag by alot.

After moving to 1.8 we lost the PBO's and the script.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this script around and can point me in the right direction. If not, if you have some ideas on how to implement it, maybe we can get a working script between us. Or even possibly to remove the wrecks completly

Looking at this further, if you set _fadeFire to true when the crash site is spawned it should dwindle with time.

// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire, _prewaypoints, _damage]
nul = [3, 4, 400, 0, 0.99, 'center', 4000, true, false, false, 1, 0.0001] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

i know it sounds shady, but try looking through some hacker scripts ... i know i saw something like that in a hack bundle i was desecrating, but i cant remember wich one or where i put it now ... if i find it ill post the script

Back