Thank you!
I had only thought of 2 points:
- the economy issue: that is void because the vehicles won't be saved to the database and thus are gone after the next restart. I don't know about other DayZ variants but Epoch seems to need its 4h restart to stay functional.
- players who could mistake the car for a normally spawned one: DZMS handles the problem with a message 'will disappear on restart', displayed when a player gets into the car
The topic of leftover AI (in the vehicle) is a completely other can of beans, though.
So it would be (remotely) possible to ditch the driver, leave the gunner alive, climb into the vehicle, steer it around the map and let the gunner shoot the other players, being able to run over things without vehicle damage and without having to refuel or rearm and being able to ?
OK, I wouldn't want to encourage that mayhem, too. Better then, to have a 'warranty voided if tinkered with' label!
Again, thanks for your time answering!
BTW:
I like the new vehicle behaviour very much. On purpose or not, often, when engaged/disengaged not all of the passengers board but you're left with a very realistic 'armored vehicle + infantry escort' : foot units walking besides a slowly driving vehicle, only containing driver&gunner.
Also the driver seems to always stay inside instead of leaving the protection of the vehicle which is exactly what I'd expect of a more experienced bunch of human players.