Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonn

Server IP & Port
64.31.51.154:2802

Server Name
SEREpoch
http://serepoch.enjin.com/

This is probably one of the worst servers Ive ever played or been a part of staff with. I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but after my experience there I had to say something.

It is without a doubt a staff or pay to win server. As a mod and part of the staff of this server, and being a part of “staff meetings” I learned that admins and mods where cheating by teleporting loot from missions to the trader, healing their own vehicles, healing themselves, spawning in build crates, special items, vehicles, helicopters, ammo, and jets .... among many other things. Then they would use it to attack weaker clans.

The owner would even allow someone to pay him (one briefcase) to bomb their base with his spawned in unlimited ammo bomber jet. When the rival clan retaliated the admins would just spawned in everything they lost and would do it again. I saw many players & clans come and go from the server during my time as staff.

When I spoke out I was removed from Mod status, but I still played the server for a little time.

Realghost is the current server owner. The reason why he created a server was because he got kicked as an admin from his former server. http://www.enjincraft.com/profile/4953309/posts

They have an over expensive store where a jet costs $50 for the rubies to buy it! How can you compete when the admins can just spawn them in? This server is controlled by two clans, one run by the owner, and one run by two admins.

Realghost even threatened people on the server that if they attacked a particular donor who paid $90 for build crates that he would teleport them to him, and rain down fire until they quit”. Even though the server had destructible bases, it was focus on base raiding, PvP based, and the people attacking didn't know he was a donor.

This server is created by cheaters, who use admin tools to legally do it.

If you want to waste your money, your time, and effort building something, all to have it destroyed if you kill an admin in the field, put up a fight, or stand out against cheating this isn’t the server for you, unless you have a stuffed wallet or you’re an admin.

Last edited:
Awesome that someone stands up and puts the server owner on notice. I commend you for your integrity. To many douche bags around here run pay to win servers (like @gr8_boi52, @LTGNick, and others.) where they sell gear, bases, vehicles, etc. It's ruined the mod, hence why I've moved on to ArmA 3 Breaking Point. I haven't touched DayZ in weeks and never will again because of the server owners that can't get a real job and need to make money by selling DayZ related stuff. And if they tell you it's "donations", they're full of shit. I have no problem calling these people out and putting them on front street.

BEWARE, stay away from pay-to-win servers.

"pay to win" ... we do infact sell Vehicles and other things but im doubtful it ruins the game if somone wants to pay $5 for a suv that probably will crash 10 minutes later thats them and if you ask any person on my server we dont do loadouts cause i never did like the idea of them but im not always happy to pay $60 that i dont have the only reason why we do "donation rewards" is i find it hard for people to just donate $15 out of there heart and not expect some type of favor in return but also i dont manage my website since its pure html and hosted off a some company that does it for free i dont have any control over it simply because i never did like setting up websites so i have a friend who does it for me and if you think i "make money" off of any of this your out of your mind i do agree there are server owners out there who do but i simply do not... i would love to have people donate to pay for server costs cause as i said i dont always have the money to pay for this type but i barely ever even get a donation so its your opinion but im just saying if you think my server is a "pay to win" your wrong and you can argue it is or its not but i dont make any money off these donations and i barely get them

Last edited:
Awesome that someone stands up and puts the server owner on notice. I commend you for your integrity. To many douche bags around here run pay to win servers (like @gr8_boi52, @LTGNick, and others.) where they sell gear, bases, vehicles, etc. It's ruined the mod, hence why I've moved on to ArmA 3 Breaking Point. I haven't touched DayZ in weeks and never will again because of the server owners that can't get a real job and need to make money by selling DayZ related stuff. And if they tell you it's "donations", they're full of shit. I have no problem calling these people out and putting them on front street.

BEWARE, stay away from pay-to-win servers.
So we should all stop playing cause the owner offers features for a price?

Im so sick of this mentality, don't like a server, don't play on it! Don't come here and post complaints or server bash.

Simple solution MAKE YOUR OWN DAM SERVER PAY THE HOST FEES

Also naming people won't help, as some of those listed are highly respected here.

If you can't afford to pay $20 - $50 per month for your hosting fees, I highly recommend finding a better job than mcdonalds. Unlike you, I've got a college degree, a job in my degree field. Hosting fees ain't shit compared to the money I make. I never asked for donations or accepted them and I paid my own hosting fee without putting that burden on the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a college degree, a job in my degree field
Yet bitching on forums about servers
Hosting fees ain't shit compared to the money I make
Brags about his money
You might have to understand that not everyone here is a "Rich guy" like you im not even 18 yet so i dont know if you expect me to be working at a nice paying job like your's and servers fee's arent always $20-$50 mine are near $100 a month and me not having a job being broke after getting my first car is kinda a struggle and maybe you might say then if you dont have the money dont host a server... Well i love hosting one scripting all that is amusing to me and the only reason why i still even have a server is
where they sell gear, bases, vehicles, etc
a couple generous people paid for a SUV or some humanity which is good for them showing support for the server i still had to pay $40 but to you "showing support" is just paying to win and if hosting fee's aint shit to you, you wouldent mind paying mine right? dont think so

Last edited:
If you can't afford to pay $20 - $50 per month for your hosting fees, I highly recommend finding a better job than mcdonalds. Unlike you, I've got a college degree, a job in my degree field. Hosting fees ain't shit compared to the money I make. I never asked for donations or accepted them and I paid my own hosting fee without putting that burden on the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol assuming I work at maccas, typical Microsoft employee (don't get me started on that mate you WILL lose) I have a degree (ego time, diploma of computer science, diploma of multimedia, certified web designer/developer, certified cisco installer, fluent in 15+ computer languages, shall I go on?)
Point is it don't mean jack.

oh and I also work for a large it firm, on a rather nice salary package,
big deal, $20 is still $20

Oh and ever heard a of little thing called freedom? You know the right to choose and do what you want?

Not everyone is a cashed up microdollars employee, think before you act.

Also Chris, you seem to be making a few people on here upset. Be careful with that.

Me. I hate everyone equally, hell is it's my right to!

Now if a admin could close this (its just become a haters/troll thread) we can get on with our lives.

also its in the wrong section (dayz standalone, when its cleary titled arma2)

Last edited:
@Chris Atkins has been going around hating on all sever advertisement topics about thier donations. He just simply doesnt understand, You start off your server with the money you have. Then eventually you grow bigger and bigger, now you need more better servers and more time is spent on your server. Then you eventually need money to host all of your big servers, thats where you give out donation perks. Every Big server/community offer perks. And you can only get bigger with donations.

SEREpoch is an awesome server, and even better with donations. You cannot simply get donations without giving out perks
So I request an admin to close this thread.

First, I understand that some folks cant afford $30 a month to pay for a server. However, selling items or asking for donations for something in return, as much as those here want to justify it, is against the licensing agreement to do so.

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php...sed-to-be-given-without-return-consideration/

https://www.bistudio.com/english/community/licenses/dayz-mod-license-share-alike

As far as the comment if you dont like it go somewhere else, we did. But, just because we left doesnt mean we arnt going to hold server owners & their admins to account. Ive created a forums, in which we are going to visit servers and give reviews. Take heed .... we without a doubt are going to out anyone breaking license agreements or using admin tools to get an advantage over other players.

We were told by several major epoch websites, that if we catch anyone running a pay for items store, that they would remove any ads/post placed by or on behalf of that server. So believe me we are on the hunt.

We will be breaking our reviews up into a few categories.
Overall Rating
Script Rating
Staff Rating
Website Rating
Community Rating

We will also be extending our reviews in the future to ALL arma products, like arma 2, arma 3, & dayz SA. Ill try to post and update with a website address so folks may have an opportunity to join in the conversation.

If you would like a review of your server feel free to contact me in forums.

PS: I really love the comment about freedom ... and then promptly asked for the thread to be shut down ... 10/10

Last edited:
First, I understand that some folks cant afford $30 a month to pay for a server. However, selling items or asking for donations for something in return, as much as those here want to justify it, is against the licensing agreement to do so.

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php...sed-to-be-given-without-return-consideration/

https://www.bistudio.com/english/community/licenses/dayz-mod-license-share-alike

As far as the comment if you dont like it go somewhere else, we did. But, just because we left doesnt mean we arnt going to hold server owners & their admins to account. Ive created a forums, in which we are going to visit servers and give reviews. Take heed .... we without a doubt are going to out anyone breaking license agreements or using admin tools to get an advantage over other players.

We were told by several major epoch websites, that if we catch anyone running a pay for items store, that they would remove any ads/post placed by or on behalf of that server. So believe me we are on the hunt.

We will be breaking our reviews up into a few categories.
Overall Rating
Script Rating
Staff Rating
Website Rating
Community Rating

We will also be extending our reviews in the future to ALL arma products, like arma 2, arma 3, & dayz SA. Ill try to post and update with a website address so folks may have an opportunity to join in the conversation.

If you would like a review of your server feel free to contact me in forums.

PS: I really love the comment about freedom ... and then promptly asked for the thread to be shut down ... 10/10
:p glad someone got it!

Again this is a he said she said argument
But ilike your idea about the website, if it rated by us (the community) I think it May help avoid "troll" servers, but again I like to judge for myself,

as for crap admins, well that's life, send em to my test server and I'll rain down hell ( and sheep bombs!) All while in admin godmode... Bwhahahaaa!

Also I'm "free" to ask the post be closed, doesn't mean I'm right :p

Last edited:
I agree with the original poster about abuse of powers and have seen it and infact spent a couple years dying a few dozen times a day fighting the owner/admin not realizing his superadmin powers at the time. Never could figure out how he found me in the middle of nowhere and I would hear footsteps and not know he could be invisible too.

But that was then. I and another have 6 servers we maintain that at this point have Chernarus, Panther, Sauerland and Napf maps and one of those is overpoch the rest are epoch. We have a donator store with some custom loadout options and build kits for those who want to jump to missions and other things then starting from scratch.

As I pay for 5 of these servers out of pocket each month about 125.00 I appreciate if someone gives us a couple dollars once in awhile to cover that monthly chunk. As far as hours I probably spend 60 hours a week tinkering and adding and deleting and pulling out my 3 hairs left on my head and other things to keep these going.

I don't think looking to help in overhead is wrong. I'm not looking for a profit I am just happy to see people play a good server and help us maybe grow as donator money would allow me to create more maps more options and expand out so you can come to a place and find alot of options, a forum for feedback and a community you like and can trust.

I might add that we need several more admins as its not easy tinkering and also being admins on all these servers :)

We would also love to have someone who knows anything about how these fancy programs work too lol

Grumpy Gramps on a Happy Day

It's unfortunate how many abusive admins are out there, even more unfortunate is the number of people who tolerate it and continue to either pay them or feed their ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back