Server Files

fouc

Hi there,

I would like to know if it is possible to have the server files to test it on my server with my players/ community ? And if no, will we have a server release soon ?

I hope the mod won't be as origins mod : only with host and no possibility to make private servers ! From what I've read on Taviana's 4.0 topic, I'm pretty sure it won't be ;)

But anyway, good job, it seems to be very attractive and I will test it as soon as possible !!!

Many thanks in advance ! And if there is a chance to help you, just tell us ;)

fouc
for Sons Of Silence - sonsofsilence.fr - French DayZ Community

Churchie told me there will be no private hives/server files available. Instead you will have to rent a server from one of their GSP's....which makes me question why this mod is even on opendayz in the first place.

I prefer to wait for an "official" answer but I hope this is a kind of joke... After what have been said here about Origins and all money transfer activities, it can't be possible to see this happening again ! And especially here in opendayz !! And more coming from a moderator !!

Let's believe in humanity...

Actually, for the inital release it will be only through those, its not a way to make money or anything, infact its costing the creator of this mod more to do it this way, but due to changes made server side aka the hivext.dll etc it will be for some time while a private hive version MAY be worked on, comming from his mouth, reason he wants it this way.. well im not to sure i guess its easier to manage with a mod in its early days, also stops server owners from adding stupid addons to the server and degrading the mod aka full pvp spawn with gear crap servers etc etc etc

That's understandable but let's see if they will release it or not... Just for saying but Origins crew have promissed the same thing : they will release it after some tests (on 1.6 and then 1.7, in april etc...)... and we are on 1.7.5 and near to 1.7.7 and nothing has been released yet !

To be honest, i would rather it this way, theres no need for private hives, all they do is destroy the game, like they have already done

You cannot generalize it... It only depends on the admin and the community !

For my community (about 120 french players), we want a realistic dayz because we don't have to forget that dayz is a simulation not a FPS !!! So all mods that are giving fantasy to the game are banned from our servers. Moreover we have a RP community so we are real survivors, not bandits ! Killing is not a goal... Less loot we have, happier we are !! With a difficulty increasing, the game is more powerfull.

And I know some other communities like us.

Why we want a private server ? Only for that reason : we want to play with people like us and only this kind of people, no kikoo or FPS players, no insulting people, no cheaters and so on... We want to be able to control the quality of our server and we have active admins/moderators for that !

So you have to believe in communities like us, without that your mod will only be a dead public release like origins was going to be before the 'pirate' release !

We can imagine to request a motivation request from communities who wants to have your server files... You can test them on their servers, and so on... This is the only way to not exclude part of the players from your mod.

Without any private release, just be sure that many communities (and so thousand players) won't play to your mod ! Is that what you wanted when you made it ???

It was a general point of view... It is also related to your mod and any other mods... the problem is always the same ! Because of noob admins/players, good one are losing great opportunities/mods/etc... (and I'm not talking about money makers which are choosing to make public servers only to make more and more money on a free code like DayZ is)

That's not fair and there are many ways to go through that if mod makers are agree to loos a few minutes of their precious time ! It could be benefic for both parts. Admins will be able to make a great server on a great mod and Mod makers can have a good test plateform, a huge amount of players and sometimes a donation from the servers for their great job (I'm giving gifts to people allowing me to give my players a great time on my servers).

But if mod makers prefer to have public servers with only bad people that's their problem...

There are many ways to make great servers without their mods ;)

We are a community or not ? We both are DayZ community at the end... So we need to work together, hand in hand, not each mod maker in his own little community...

Infact with my own mod im currently working on im not making the files public due to just how people would ruin it with stupid mods, i might allow certain hosts as long as they agree to keep it clean and no mods, not being mean just rather have every server equal then not

Like this it is fair and understandable. And if something is missing, admins should have to tell you what they want you to add (a mod, a weapon, a vehicle) and discuss this with you ;) This process is ok with me !

Sorry, but I felt I had to jump into this and pick up on a couple of things:

To be honest, i would rather it this way, theres no need for private hives, all they do is destroy the game, like they have already done

I disagree hackers destroyed the game, private hives and user made mods have kept the game alive!

Infact with my own mod im currently working on im not making the files public due to just how people would ruin it with stupid mods, i might allow certain hosts as long as they agree to keep it clean and no mods, not being mean just rather have every server equal then not

Very arrogant approach IMO are you not already by creating your own mod of dayz, doing exactly what you are suggesting you dont want others to do? Since you are infact modding a mod and some may see your mod as stupid that ruins the original concept.

Without server files being generally being made public I doubt we would even see the current modded versions of dayz that we now have. I agree there are the good and the bad with those but it spawns new ideas and each new mod extends the life of dayz, at least for Arma2.

Sorry, but I felt I had to jump into this and pick up on a couple of things:

I disagree hackers destroyed the game, private hives and user made mods have kept the game alive!

Very arrogant approach IMO are you not already by creating your own mod of dayz, doing exactly what you are suggesting you dont want others to do? Since you are infact modding a mod and some may see your mod as stupid that ruins the original concept.

Without server files being generally being made public I doubt we would even see the current modded versions of dayz that we now have. I agree there are the good and the bad with those but it spawns new ideas and each new mod extends the life of dayz, at least for Arma2.

So your telling me, these PvP servers where you spawn into the game with assult rifles and snipers, these 500-900 vehicle 4-+ heli servers which is the majority of servers for base dayz, is keeping DAYZ a survival game, where you go out and scavenge for your gear, to survive against the environment and players is keeping DAYZ alive, no thats wasteland zombies basically

No thats is not at all what I am saying if you re read my post. I agree with you that these servers that add in custom loadouts and 1000's of vehicles purely for pvp are not adding much to the community, however some may like this so why shouldn't they be able to do so. Individuals have the choice then if they want to play these mods of mods of a mod lol.

I was suggesting that others have seriously tried to evolve the original mod and some have actually succeeded in creating some good survival based content. A lot of these good ideas have come from individuals playing around with server files on private servers.

I would bet your own mod you talked about has come from the fact you yourself have had access to server source code from various versions of dayz mod releases.

but all these kids who play this game atm only want to pvp... kill-on-sight for the win...
today on the dayz epidemic server... they ask all the time "is this really no pvp??" or "omg why no pvp"
all these guys cant play this game without the ability to shoot on everything they see...

i really never saw the sense in this KOS bullshit... and never will...

but all these kids who play this game atm only want to pvp... kill-on-sight for the win...
today on the dayz epidemic server... they ask all the time "is this really no pvp??" or "omg why no pvp"
all these guys cant play this game without the ability to shoot on everything they see...

i really never saw the sense in this KOS bullshit... and never will...

and this is what happens when the server files of any mod goes public and allows server admins to do what ever they want without restraint, its like that cause of the pvp servers, i mean i remember back in the hive only days, people were scared to shoot you at first lol

I don't mind going through a specific host for an official mod with limited ability to change it. As long as its is reasonably priced, and good enough to be worth it. If the mod is good enough, you shouldn't need to change anything, i.e. Origins.
But is it worth the $65.00 a month cost. Almost twice what a Vilayer or HFb server costs. He'll no!
The developers of Origins are making a killing, over a 1000+ Official servers. Even if Kinghunt only made 5-10.00 off each server , he would be doing very well. That's why they are going to stretch it out as long as they can. Yes I have one of the servers, would I do it again? No.

I don't mind going through a specific host for an official mod with limited ability to change it. As long as its is reasonably priced, and good enough to be worth it. If the mod is good enough, you shouldn't need to change anything, i.e. Origins.
But is it worth the $65.00 a month cost. Almost twice what a Vilayer or HFb server costs. He'll no!
The developers of Origins are making a killing, over a 1000+ Official servers. Even if Kinghunt only made 5-10.00 off each server , he would be doing very well. That's why they are going to stretch it out as long as they can. Yes I have one of the servers, would I do it again? No.

Exactly, im hoping my mod won't be a flop and will be abit like origins (in popularity) and plus they won't even allow for a custom load screen, atleast if my idea and way works.. server owners can request stuff like that

The problem is that we will have to pay again... I allready have a dedicated server which I pay quite a lot and I don't want to pay again for something I can't control ! At least if all the money goes to the dev, it should be ok, but it is clearly not the case ! So I won't pay anymore for any mods (like many other people here - "open"dayz), I prefer to make donations directly to devs who are delivering free mods and listen carefully to the community.

So my opinion is that all mods like epidemic, unleashed and so on must be deleted from this forum. They don't have any open source files to share so why are they still there ? Sorry about that.

I still understand that you want to control them but the consequences are to heavy for your customers...

So please can the moderation/admin make some cleaning actions on these forums ? Thanks in advance !

Commercial Services.

Please note that no commercial service is to be advertised on opendayz.net. This also includes posting promotions or other marketing materials connected to a commercial service.

lol Epidemic's file are comming out very soon, theres 1 server for beta testing, almost all bugs of that mod are fixed, its in BETA not a open release, im a dev of it, im also a good friend of krixes, we had this talk yesterday infact, once he has everything to where he wants it server files will be released.. so again why should it be? and lol unleashed is made by opendayz mods/admins... soo yeh...

Back