Simple AI Tutorial (no rMod or DayZ_Factions)

They have unlimited ammo, for now they only respawn on restart but Sycosis has a plan :) keep following this thread

What I would really like is a couple squads that roamed the entire map (like center them in the middle of the map and make their radius like 7,000 meters I guess?) And then it would be cool if devils castle, the NE airfield, the NW airfield, and stary sober all had like gaurd patrols of those areas (that were fairly difficult to defeat). It would alos be cool to have like a sniper team overwatching elektro and cherno with an average skill so they wouldnt just waste everyone. I kind of like them all military and all very hostile towards players, but I wouldnt want them to be able to engage more than say 200 meters out, other than the snipers which could have a long engagment radius. I know this is a lot and its cool if you cant/dont want to do all that. I'm sure I can take what you already did for me and figure it out (just might take longer lol). But if you did that you would be my hero haha.

Thanks for everything you have already done though man, you have definetly extended my game time (I was getting bored kiling only zombies), now I get to worry about these AI!! :)

You will have to wait until tomorrow night most likely for me the do all that for you well try to as I don't think you can set the distance of how far they can pick people off from and such but I'm going to give it all a go once I have got this extra men with different weapons to work I will get back to you on it all tho mate keep a look out on here to see what other things happen

okay, so thanks to Scotio, I think I'm actually starting to figure this out. I've got most of my AI functioning how I want them and at their desired locations., but they are still running out of ammo for some reason and I cannot figure out where to fix that. Could anyone point me in the right direction on that?

Thanks again

okay, so thanks to Scotio, I think I'm actually starting to figure this out. I've got most of my AI functioning how I want them and at their desired locations., but they are still running out of ammo for some reason and I cannot figure out where to fix that. Could anyone point me in the right direction on that?

Thanks again

Yea they run out quick, I've thought about making them not attack zombies, to make it tougher...Anyways
To add more magazines to your guys you want to open up the add_unit_server.sqf file, inside you will see code like this:

Code:
_aiunit addMagazine _aiammo;

If you notice they have 3 lines for each case, if you add another one under that, for each case area it should give them another magazine in their inventory. So 5 or 6 lines of this is going to be 5 or 6 mags. I would suggest leaving the case alone mag wise or just adding 1 to it for the case that has the M240 since it's drum takes up 2 slots I believe.

PS: If I'm incorrect about this I apologize, I'm still learning all this stuff.

That makes sense, I thought it would have something to do with those lines. Thanks for the quick response, I'm really impressed by how many folks on here are willing to help out us noobs. You guys are awesome :)

That makes sense, I thought it would have something to do with those lines. Thanks for the quick response, I'm really impressed by how many folks on here are willing to help out us noobs. You guys are awesome :)

LOL NP, Even with the hell I went though trying to get AI to work on my DayZ+ Ded. Box I feel I owe it to try and spread the knowledge, the more of us that know how to make stuff, the cooler the mods get. I just hope some of this translates over to SA, because I'm very afraid SA will be dumbed down :( and I want to be able to make it a real hardcore game.

They haven't shut off my server yet, so i'm trying to finish this up. Unfortunately I can't get here from work, so thanks to those that answered the questions for new people in my absence.

They haven't shut off my server yet, so i'm trying to finish this up. Unfortunately I can't get here from work, so thanks to those that answered the questions for new people in my absence.

TBH, for just coding, I use my gaming PC before I push it to my server, I've just got all my Arma 2 stuff on another Drive and when I want to run it as a dedicated server I just run the file with the server reporting pointing to LAN (127.0.0.1) then connect to it. Works like a charm, means I don't have to take down my server each time I want to test something.

TBH, for just coding, I use my gaming PC before I push it to my server, I've just got all my Arma 2 stuff on another Drive and when I want to run it as a dedicated server I just run the file with the server reporting pointing to LAN (127.0.0.1) then connect to it. Works like a charm, means I don't have to take down my server each time I want to test something.
I've never tried doing it on my local PC.. can you message me a quick how-to? i would LOVE to be able to do this..

I've never tried doing it on my local PC.. can you message me a quick how-to? i would LOVE to be able to do this..

I'll be writing this as DayZ+ dedicated server, but it can be done with just DayZ also.

Basically, all you need to do is get your dedicated server files just like you would for a dedicated box. For mine I run Stapo's DayZPlus private server lite files found here:
https://github.com/Stapo/DayZPlus-Private-Server

I just tested and realized you don't need two different Arma installs.

You do need a SQL instance running, I use SQL Workbench, so DL it and install it.

First thing you want to do is copy the Addons folder from your Arma II directory into your Arma 2 OA directory. As I have found OA Dedicated servers need this folder but don't need anything else from Arma 2.

Once you have completed this, you will want to dump everything from your dedicated zip file into your arma 2 OA folder.

The two locations you will need to change this at are:

DayZConfig and then the Start Server.Bat

Inside the DayZConfig Folder You will have your normal ServerSettings.cfg, Really only 3 things you need to change in here.

Code:
hostname = "waka waka";
passwordAdmin = "1234";    
reportingIP = "127.0.0.1";

Most important thing is your reportingIP...this has to be 127.0.0.1 (no place like home for you network monkeys out there). This tells the server it is now a lan server, and will not post itself to anywhere...I have found if someone knows the port and your IP and password (if you set one) they can still connect, as the box is still technically facing outside (you have to forward your ports for this to work).

Next is your Start Server.Bat

Code:
@echo off
start /D.\MySQL\ MySQL.bat
.\MySQL\bin\mysql --user=root --password=root --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"
start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 -mod=@dayz+;@hive -name=DayZ -config=DayZConfig\ServerSettings.cfg -cfg=DayZConfig\Arma2Config.cfg -profiles=DayZConfig
exit

Here, the only real thing you need to remember is the port, the hive port is not important, but the arma2oaserver.exe port is. You can give it w/e you want as you will be connecting to it. If you give it any number and want someone else to be on with you, you need to forward it.
NOTE: The -mod is @dayZ+ and not @Dayz...

So to recap you have:
*Downloaded and installed a SQL DB (SQL Workbench)
*Copied Addons from Arma 2 to Arma 2 OA directory.
*Downloaded and Copied in your dedicated server files.
*Setup your ServerSettings.cfg and Start Server.bat

So final thing is to run Start Server.bat and then start up DayZ(+ for me).

From here you will go into Multiplayer, change it to Lan, Click Remote, fill in the IP of 127.0.0.1 and the port for your arma2oaserver.exe that you thoughtfully remembered...and bam. Dedicated server running from 1 folder....and spitting out the client too.

If I have missed anything I apologize, this works for me, and should work for you also....if it doesn't I can try and help as much as possible.

Back