Spawning banned vehicles in dayz with no rMod [reality servers]

when i do change the anim file and comment the ch_47f_ep1 it still wont show in game, yet it does spawn i can see it on my admin map. but when i go there, there is still nothing... i just want the damn chinook on cherno to do medic runs.

This does not work.

First to even get into the server you must set verify signatures to 0. Otherwise you will get kicked for not having a valid signature for dayz_anim.pbo

This opens you to some holes in preventing alot of exploits.

Secondly it doesn't even unban anything; weapons, vehicles or skins.

OP you must have been running RMOD for you to experience any different results.

The A10 which was your example is spawn able with the beta patch method so maybe that is where you got confused.

Here is an example of what I did

Code:
//class GER_Soldier_Scout_EP1: Banned {};

Result when trying to use this skin on my character:

Code:
4:19:33 "PLAYER: LOGIN STARTING: WM Pegz [1751298]"
14:19:33 "PLAYER: INVALID MODEL: "GER_Soldier_Scout_EP1""

Here are some others I unbanned for testing purposes:

Code:
    //class DSHKM_Ins: Banned {};
    //class DSHKM_CDF: Banned {};
    //class DSHKM_Gue: Banned {};

Result after repacking and launching server:

Code:
Updating base class DSHKM_base->Banned, by dayz_anim\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/DSHKM_Ins/
Updating base class DSHKM_base->Banned, by dayz_anim\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/DSHKM_CDF/
Updating base class DSHKM_base->Banned, by dayz_anim\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/DSHKM_Gue/

Commenting these things out in the config.cpp has no effect on their ban status what so ever.

Even if it did; it doesn't solve the fact that other players would not have this dayz_anim.pbo so anything out of the norm would be invisible to them.

lol
dayz_anim is a clientside modifyable pbo, if you differ from the server even with lvl2 signature protection you can still play.

I did everything op said and it works with no problem.

I don't know what your doing any different then what I did but it does not work following OPs guide.

I was getting kicked every time upon joining with verify sigs enabled. For the reason I stated above.

It being a client side modifiable pbo isn't the issue. The issue is the server having this modified pbo; how are the clients receiving the info that differs in this pbo? There is nothing that is instructing clients to obtain this different configuration.

Now I am using Corsair's DayZ CC which is not reality so that may be why it doesn't work for me but I doubt it. Just in logical sense though it doesn't seem like it would work with what I have seen done to dayz so far. Any mods like this when they did the desired change, required client side downloads.

It works if the client is using the same dayz_anim file as server, but if not the vehicles wont appear for the client.

It does actually work on our reality server the Apache and A10 work without error messages when connecting. We also got the UH1Y both the HMMWV_M998_crows and one of the BTR's fully functional. There are a few script restrictions resulting in kicks that show up when weapons are fired, these can be removed or set to just log rather than kick.

Unfortunately the Chinook's, C130's, MtvrRefuel, MtvrRepair and armored SUV's do not work.
Many of the other vehicles just simply do not show up tho probably due to missing objects/models.

A list of what others got to work would help us save time testing.

The vehicles that are working here for people work without any modifications anyhow, all you have to do is run the latest beta patch.

The question here is how to unban the stuff we want, and not the stuff that is already unbanned.

This whole topic is useless. It will not work regardless of the server package that you're using.

Then how come I am unable to spawn these vehicles without editing the dayz_anim.pbo ?

We are running the latest patch, when we edit the servers dayz_anim.pbo with verify sigs set to 2 we can join the server so can anyone else without any issues or error messages.

Then how come I am unable to spawn these vehicles without editing the dayz_anim.pbo ?

We are running the latest patch, when we edit the servers dayz_anim.pbo with verify sigs set to 2 we can join the server so can anyone else without any issues or error messages.

The beta patch 102591 made changes that allowed those vehicles to spawn, the OP's method is an alternative to moving the communityproject pbo's from the patch to your servers addons folder.

That is why only specific vehicles are working with this method. The anim.pbo is not the only thing that is causing vehicles and such to be banned. Hence why vehicles that the beta patch method doesn't unban don't work even after using this method.

When you say " Step2: -Comment( // ) all the vehicles you want out..(list at bottom) I want the A10 fighter jet."
Does this mean unbanned?

My config.cpp doesn't have any content.. Or where exactly am i supposed to find these files? I run a server on DayZ.st and the config.cpp in my server.pbo doesnt have any content...

You're all drunk, ever heard of cacommunityconfiguration?
Thats why it works for some poeple and for some not.

Step7:
-Create a .pbo out of the folder and restart the server and you're vehicle should be there!
I use dayzcc to host my server so all of my files look different or are in different places. I've edited my dayz_anim.pbo, but how would i get dayzcc to run the pbo?

This method DOES NOT work.

Some guys have already said it, but I'll repeat it so newcomers don't get false hopes:

There's some vehicles not normally in DayZ which can be spawned through the DB (no need to modify any PBOs) because the community patch makes them available. DO NOT go meddling in your files to try and make this work because it'll most likely BREAK your server in one way or another.

Examples, the A10, the TOW Humvee, the LAV25, and several others. All of these can be spawned in without any file modifications.

For whoever thinks this method works, please try spawning in a RHIB, or a SeaFox, or some of the weaponized variations of the UAZ. You'll notice right away that it doesn't work.

TL;DR​

IT DOESN'T WORK.

This method DOES NOT work.

Some guys have already said it, but I'll repeat it so newcomers don't get false hopes:

There's some vehicles not normally in DayZ which can be spawned through the DB (no need to modify any PBOs) because the community patch makes them available. DO NOT go meddling in your files to try and make this work because it'll most likely BREAK your server in one way or another.

Examples, the A10, the TOW Humvee, the LAV25, and several others. All of these can be spawned in without any file modifications.

So how do we spawn banned vehicles in without file modifications?​

There is an easy way to figure out which vehicles you can spawn in and which you can't.

Open your Arma2 and disable DayZ Mod (expansions window). Go into the editor and put down every vehicle in the lists (air, boats, cars, armored, etc). Then save the mission. Now go back to the expansion window and re-enable your DayZ mod. Load the mission you just saved, the vehicles that work will be there, while the others won't.

Bear in mind that some vehicles will not function completely even if they spawn in, the A10, for example, has some weapons disabled in DayZ, and others will make it so people get kicked when using some other weapons (like missiles) or simply by the vehicle being there (M1A2).

Once you know which vehicles actually work, then just use the DB method that MP suggested, that part actually works.

EDIT: The good thing about doing it this way is that no matter what new patches get released, you already have the mission with ALL the possible vehicles, so you don't have to go meddling into the patch files to find out which became available or ceased to be.

Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know this worked for me, I added in an BAF_Apache_AH1_D and enabled its main gunner gun and missiles this way. I'm running the most recent release of the reality server package and dayz 1.7.6.1 with lvl 2 sig checks. All I had to do is comment the stuff out in the @Dayz\Addons\dayz_anim.pbo On the Server side only! My connecting client(game) runs an unmodified version of Dayz 1.7.6.1 and I can fly and shoot the guns on the Apache.

Just wanted to let everyone know if you do it right it works!
PS, Thanks for this information DUCK

Back