Strange Error Message / Requesting Authentication

b4r0n

hey guys,
my players on the server are currently stucked at requesting for authentication when there are more than 35 players.

i checked the logs and discovered this one getting spammed:

Code:
20:37:49 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Error: No vehicle has nil characterID"
20:37:49 Bad conversion: array
20:37:49 Error in expression <r"] call server_updateObject;
} forEach nearestObjects [_pos, ["Car", "Helicopte>
20:37:49  Error position: <nearestObjects [_pos, ["Car", "Helicopte>
20:37:49  Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
20:37:49 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 219

this is a line a recently changed to make ammobox storing things to the db

it is this line:
Code:
        } forEach nearestObjects [_pos, ["Car", "Helicopter", "Motorcycle", "Ship", "TentStorage", "USOrdnanceBox_EP1"], 10];

i only added: "USOrdnanceBox_EP1" (same in server_updateNearbyObjects.sqf) and its was working well. but now i get this error message, so i decided to remove the box syncing again, but iam still getting this error message, but the edited files are 100% the same like before.

could it be an issue with pbo packing? iam using pbo manager.

thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong subforum.

// i found an answer which was fixing the problem for some guys, but i dont unterstand it:

so i guess you have re-packed the dayz_server.pbo and havent set the prefix do you?

download BinPBO Personal Edition and use this for re-packing the dayz_server.pbo...
you can enter the prefix with this tool easily...

but dont add the prefix to your missionfile pbo...

can someone explain it please? thanks

A lot of servers do this. This is usually due to the amount of people who are in the game, so the server database is constantly writing down these scripts of player deaths/spawns/loot/zombie amount, etc.

Sum Up= More people= long waiting on loading in. Hope this kinda helped.

thank you for your reply.
well first of all my server has currently 50/50 players. i tried so many things like setting up sqld on linux vm, read innobdb performance guides.. nothing helps.
you just have to restart every 2 hours, which sucks. i also doubled the timeout timer to 80s and changed the "something went wrong" error to something like "just be patient and you will spawn".

but still i cant figure out how there are server with full 60-70 slots, which can handle it.
i got a root, xeon 3,4ghz, 32gb ram and 1000/1000mbits connection. i doubt these other servers have better hardware, maybe a ssd. what ever i hope the tomorrow release of 1.7.7 fixes some of the connection issues:

• * [NEW] - Added auth retry system to make sure clients are auth'ed before they spawn (should stop seagull issue).
  • * [NEW] - Added force end mission for players joining with wrong version/failed auth. (Will replace timeout later).

You could push it back to the old way of logging in like we did on panthera, we dont really get a wait time, but we do get the bird bug causing something has gone wrong

No problem man glad I could at least give you some feedback, other servers who can handle it are usually running the server on their own and not using day.st, villayer, etc. But btw your server does sounds great if you have 50/50players usually. Nice work.

Back