[Support] DayZ Dynamic Dogs

Hey Stuff,

I know this is probably a long shot, but I'm curious how difficult it would be to make the dogs persistent? Or are they supposed to be already and I've messed something up?

Thanks,

Kraz
They are not persistent as of now. I have a way to make them persistent but it involves using another flat file DB alongside dayzmod and I have not tested any of it yet. In theory it would work though.

They are not persistent as of now. I have a way to make them persistent but it involves using another flat file DB alongside dayzmod and I have not tested any of it yet. In theory it would work though.

Very cool. I have a private test server (1.8.5) that I can help test with if you like. let me know.

Is the dog persistent through current up time of a server? If you were to logout and back in would it disappear?

Is the dog persistent through current up time of a server? If you were to logout and back in would it disappear?
They are not but the flat file DB method would fix that. Works the same way the MySQL does just not with a hiveExtension command from the engine.

Dude! This update is awesome!

All the dog commands are there and stay there! Thank you for working that out for us.
I liked using STAY so I could get the dog to block a door while I went inside to search around! : )

I do have one question, what does this line below do for the dogs? help the dog get into helis??

Open the init.sqf mission file and add this variable to either your custom variables or after the game settings:

heliLift = true;

I put this right after my "dogOwner = [];" line.
I hope that's where you meant it to go per the instructions.

Can you explain a little bit on what you did with this update so I can understand what's improved besides the commands issue?

as much as I love this idea, I'm losing hope that it's compatible with Epoch/Overpoch. I did everything that I was told in the instructions (again, i removed this before because it didn't seem like there was any Epoch support for it). The only thing I couldn't follow from the instructions was the Sched_corpse file which I cannot find in my server.pbo. If this is a Dayz Vanilla specific mod please say so, or test it on Epoch and provide better instructions.

the problem is the same i had last time. Go to the doghouse. the dog spawns, it says dog not interested. It was told to me before there was nothing that could be done about it. I was told that this happens because u had a dog before and it doesnt register that the dog was killed. The problem is I never had a dog to begin with so how is it that it thinks I did? I really would love to have this addition to my server but it seems more and more like its not gonna happen with Epoch. Has anyone got it working for Epoch? If no one has, and the creator hasn't tested it on Epoch, can you please change the instructions page so it reflects incompatibility with Epoch and I'll unfollow this post.

If you cant find one file then its not 100% compatible, right .. or IS IT?
If you look at what you are supposed to find in sched_corpses and open your handy FIND IN FILES function of Notepad++ and search in the epoch dayz_server folder you will find this:
mAifSdR.png

Its not exactly the same code as what is in the dayz version but its close enough that you can figure out what you need to change if you do a little poking around.
Good luck and let us know when you get stumped.

Coincidentally, that looks like the code that deletes the dogs that you never previously owned ....

Thank you. You would think this is a support thread or something. My bad....from now on i will only post praise and admiration.

Last edited:
that would be much appreciated :D

please excuse my elitist attitude, if that is what you perceived it to be.
what i posted though was not really about support for this mod, it was about how to use the tools i.e. notepad++, to solve your own problems and then ask for help when its actually needed.

Which is why i came to this thread. I know how to search using notepad ++ and while i found similarities the code is entirely different than whats on both ur elitist reply and the instructions. And you dont just go oh that looks close enough let me stick this in here and everything works perfect. Scripting doesnt work like that placement is to an exacting standard or it causes 100 other problems. So while you pat urself on the back i am still asking if anyone has got this to work with epoch yet. But in all honesty i am not going to bother. This script while a nice idea isnt that important to my server.

i will see if i can fit that code into epoch tommorrow evening.

what the code bock you are supposed to insert into sched_corpses does is clean up all the animals EXCEPT the dogs. .. i think, have to look closer tommorrow, (pastor and fin). (step 6)

the code i pointed out does exactly that ( see it on github) so it should be workable.

Which is why i came to this thread. I know how to search using notepad ++ and while i found similarities the code is entirely different than whats on both ur elitist reply and the instructions. And you dont just go oh that looks close enough let me stick this in here and everything works perfect. Scripting doesnt work like that placement is to an exacting standard or it causes 100 other problems. So while you pat urself on the back i am still asking if anyone has got this to work with epoch yet. But in all honesty i am not going to bother. This script while a nice idea isnt that important to my server.
ok i havent tested this but it seems simple enough to add to epoch

as shooting said this part of the code is for cleanup
Code:
_delQtyAnimal = 0;
    {
        if (local _x && !((typeOf _x) in ["Pastor","Fin"])) then {
            _x call sched_co_deleteVehicle;
            _delQtyAnimal = _delQtyAnimal + 1;
        };
    } forEach entities "CAAnimalBase";

try changing
Code:
sched_co_deleteVehicle
to
Code:
dayz_perform_purge
as this is what epoch uses (its the same function just a different name) so it looks like the below

Code:
_delQtyAnimal = 0;
    {
            _x call dayz_perform_purge;
        };

and put the code in server_monitor.sqf
under this
Code:
// Epoch Events
     _id = [] spawn server_spawnEvents;

what is strange is i cant find any were in the epoch code were dayz_perform_purge is actually called ????

perhaps shooting will have more luck :)

this is not tested at all but is the most logical way i could se to add that particualr piece of code into epoch and have it fire off

as much as I love this idea, I'm losing hope that it's compatible with Epoch/Overpoch. I did everything that I was told in the instructions (again, i removed this before because it didn't seem like there was any Epoch support for it). The only thing I couldn't follow from the instructions was the Sched_corpse file which I cannot find in my server.pbo. If this is a Dayz Vanilla specific mod please say so, or test it on Epoch and provide better instructions.

the problem is the same i had last time. Go to the doghouse. the dog spawns, it says dog not interested. It was told to me before there was nothing that could be done about it. I was told that this happens because u had a dog before and it doesnt register that the dog was killed. The problem is I never had a dog to begin with so how is it that it thinks I did? I really would love to have this addition to my server but it seems more and more like its not gonna happen with Epoch. Has anyone got it working for Epoch? If no one has, and the creator hasn't tested it on Epoch, can you please change the instructions page so it reflects incompatibility with Epoch and I'll unfollow this post.
I noted in the tutorial that it has only been deployed on a dayzmod server. It is not very hard to alter just as the others have suggested. Try doing it all except the cleanup part, maybe epoch wont delete living animals :/

As for the dog not interested it is an issue with the placement of the dogOwner variable. Yo must call this variable globally for it to work properly from the testing i did. I did not explicitly state to load it globally but when you do not use isServer or !isDedicated it is usually implied.

ok i havent tested this but it seems simple enough to add to epoch

as shooting said this part of the code is for cleanup
Code:
_delQtyAnimal = 0;
    {
            _x call sched_co_deleteVehicle;
        };

try changing
Code:
sched_co_deleteVehicle
to
Code:
dayz_perform_purge
as this is what epoch uses (its the same function just a different name) so it looks like the below

Code:
_delQtyAnimal = 0;
    {
            _x call dayz_perform_purge;
        };

and put the code in server_monitor.sqf
under this
Code:
// Epoch Events
     _id = [] spawn server_spawnEvents;

what is strange is i cant find any were in the epoch code were dayz_perform_purge is actually called ????

perhaps shooting will have more luck :)

this is not tested at all but is the most logical way i could se to add that particualr piece of code into epoch and have it fire off
This will work how it is sheep.

is really all that matters to my knowledge. As long as the cleanup makes the exception it will be ignored, regardless of the purge function being called.

Dude! This update is awesome!

All the dog commands are there and stay there! Thank you for working that out for us.
I liked using STAY so I could get the dog to block a door while I went inside to search around! : )

I do have one question, what does this line below do for the dogs? help the dog get into helis??

Open the init.sqf mission file and add this variable to either your custom variables or after the game settings:

heliLift = true;

I put this right after my "dogOwner = [];" line.
I hope that's where you meant it to go per the instructions.

Can you explain a little bit on what you did with this update so I can understand what's improved besides the commands issue?
Look at the bottom of the tutorial. I have added a brief patch notes list. They are short but pretty straight forward.

Back